Download and sideload the two runtime files below, then reboot your device. That should solve the endless processing problem.

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-14-14 02:55 PM
    do i need to delete the previous runtime which i think is android shell 10.2.1.141 before downloading this one...i really don't see anything on my list that actually says "android runtime". i'm using the chrome installer and i would hate to delete the wrong thing before installing those bar files.
    04-14-14 03:01 PM
    Download and sideload the two runtime files below, then reboot your device. That should solve the endless processing problem.

i tried quoting this earlier but it didn't work... anyhow, as i said before, do i need to delete the android shell that i currently have before installing these?
    04-14-14 03:05 PM
    i tried quoting this earlier but it didn't work... anyhow, as i said before, do i need to delete the android shell that i currently have before installing these?
    No, you don't have to delete the already installed one. Just sideload the two files and reboot your device, that's all.

omega supreme likes this.
    04-14-14 03:25 PM
    You can overwrite the existing ones, but personally I think you should match the android runtime versions with the ones that shipped with your OS version.

The problem isn't with the version of the runtime installed (if it is something at least 10.2.1.1055 or higher), the problem is some sort of corruption of the runtime or its configuration.
    04-14-14 11:56 PM
    Haven't used snap iin a while. It gives 'download error' when display is off. Wtf? Also download speed is slow!
    04-15-14 12:01 AM
    Loading leaked Android runtimes is exactly what causes issues for people down the road. Then they b**** and complain and blame BlackBerry.
    04-15-14 12:23 AM
    No, you don't have to delete the already installed one. Just sideload the two files and reboot your device, that's all.

sweet, that did the trick...not only that but it also reenabled my previous android apps and bbw conversions that just went to black after the 10.2 update... i'm going to delete the outdated ones anyway and redownload them from snap.

The crazy thing is there are a lot of posts and threads suggesting security wipes and redownloading the os or installing a leaked os and i didn't need to do any of that. Took me about 10min to get up and running again.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 04-15-14 at 12:56 AM.
    04-15-14 12:44 AM
    You can overwrite the existing ones, but personally I think you should match the android runtime versions with the ones that shipped with your OS version.

The problem isn't with the version of the runtime installed (if it is something at least 10.2.1.1055 or higher), the problem is some sort of corruption of the runtime or its configuration.
    not sure what you mean by matching; the one that prompted me to download after the official 10.2. update was 10.2.1.141... which ruined all android apps on my phone. the runtimes provided by dustmalik end in .144 so that is as close as it's going to get and everything works again....so far.
    04-15-14 12:49 AM
    not sure what you mean by matching; the one that prompted me to download after the official 10.2. update was 10.2.1.141... which ruined all android apps on my phone. the runtimes provided by dustmalik end in .144 so that is as close as it's going to get and everything works again....so far.
    It's great it's working again, I have no intention of undermining that.

But the Android runtime that BlackBerry World offered was, IIRC, ancient - from back in 2013-11 or something. There has been lots of advice all over Crackberry for people not to try to install that - for those exact reasons. Unfortunately the fact that it keeps offering that to people on OS versions that it is not compatible with is the real issue, and should have been dealt-with in BlackBerry World.

Sometimes BBW seems to offer updates that are incompatible or duplicative right after a new OS install/update. I wonder if a couple of reboots before trying to install anything from BBW would make it come to its senses.
    04-15-14 03:34 AM
    Hi All!

Sorry about the radio silence! I'm back and actively working on Snap! I will be going back through this thread and feedback emails and respond accordingly! Thanks for your patience!

Just wanted to share some news from BlackBerry dev blog:
    Android accounts integration, Android 4.3, Android Bluetooth LE, and Android NFC coming in 10.3 SDK (May 2014)! https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/roadmap/

The most of interest for Snap is the accounts integration. I'm excited to see what that means!
    04-15-14 01:24 PM
    Hi All!

Sorry about the radio silence! I'm back and actively working on Snap! I will be going back through this thread and feedback emails and respond accordingly! Thanks for your patience!

Android accounts integration, Android 4.3, Android Bluetooth LE, and Android NFC coming in 10.3 SDK (May 2014)! https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/roadmap/

The most of interest for Snap is the accounts integration. I'm excited to see what that means!
    Wow, these are amazing set up updates. Yes your right, the one that stands out is the accounts integration. Would like to see Android app notifications get pushed, apps like Instagram and Tinder requires you to open the app to see the notifications.
    04-15-14 05:35 PM
    Do i have to sideload this onto my q10? I am just downloading 10.2.1 for att. Once i sideload can i download apps directly without sideloading them?
    04-15-14 07:42 PM
    Do i have to sideload this onto my q10? I am just downloading 10.2.1 for att. Once i sideload can i download apps directly without sideloading them?
    That's correct. Once you sideload snap you can download the android apps directly through your phone through snap.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-15-14 07:54 PM
    That's correct. Once you sideload snap you can download the android apps directly through your phone through snap.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    I would need a google play account though correct?
    04-15-14 08:11 PM
    I would need a google play account though correct?
    A Google account of any sort actually.
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-15-14 08:18 PM
    A Google account of any sort actually.
    Including a gmail account?
    04-15-14 08:31 PM
    Including a gmail account?
    Facepalm. Yes

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    04-15-14 09:18 PM
    Any timelines for an snap and flipshush update? And also, any new app you are thinking to bring on BB10?

Hi All!

04-16-14 02:05 AM
    Is the server to download snap down?
    04-16-14 02:09 PM
    Is the server to download snap down?
    In case it is here's a link to the BAR in my Box.

https://app.box.com/s/z09ws867ju86py2bfrhi
    04-16-14 06:25 PM
    Why can I not get / find Snap. I just downloaded 10.2 for att. Cannot find Snap. I'm on a Q10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:34 PM
    After I donlaod it tells me unable to open. WTF?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:46 PM
    Thanks…server is up!
    04-16-14 09:57 PM
    After I donlaod it tells me unable to open. WTF?

Posted via CB10
    You can't install it directly like an apk. It needs to be side loaded. I'd recommend using the snap installer posted a few posts up in this thread.
    04-16-14 10:27 PM
3,312 ... 101102103104105 ...