I cannot log into snap anymore

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 03:38 PM
    I cannot log into snap anymore

Posted via CB10
    Working fine here

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:16 PM
    I get the occasional "you have to log in again" notice but, after I do, all is well...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:20 AM
    Well...paint my face a colour of stupid a** red...

My main reason for not using Snap this entire time was due to the fact I thought I would have to delete, download the newer version, then sideload all over again any update that was put out for the app. For some reason I thought, what the hell, let's try sideloading Snap to see what the hoopla is all about. It was great! Then I went to the settings....

Look away everyone....I'm ashamed enough for all of you....
    lord_bad likes this.
    04-11-14 02:21 PM
    well Snap works beautifully for the free Android apps but i'm having trouble trying to install a paid/ premium app (Plume Premium).

although the purchase was successful on the Google Play store whenever i try to install the app, Snap would freeze and then crash completely. can anyone help me with this? i mean i'd hate to think i purchased an app and then cant install it
    04-12-14 08:53 AM
    There are others was to get apps installed. Try the chrome apk downloader for example

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:18 AM
    There are others was to get apps installed. Try the chrome apk downloader for example

Posted via CB10
    thanks dude!

my next question is... where do i place the .apk file so that the app would run normally (as if it was installed by Snap) on my phone? (im on the BB10 OS v10.2.1.2102)
    04-12-14 12:50 PM
    I get the occasional "you have to log in again" notice but, after I do, all is well...

Posted via CB10
    I believe that's on Google's end. I get that too. I think it has to do with two-step verification.
    04-12-14 01:05 PM
    thanks dude!

my next question is... where do i place the .apk file so that the app would run normally (as if it was installed by Snap) on my phone? (im on the BB10 OS v10.2.1.2102)
    You only need to install the APK. After that you can delete it from your phone. The app will still work. An APK is to Android/BB10 as an EXE is to Windows. Once the application is installed you can delete the EXE installer and all is well. It's just a package of all the necessary files for the app to function.
    04-12-14 01:07 PM
    well Snap works beautifully for the free Android apps but i'm having trouble trying to install a paid/ premium app (Plume Premium).

although the purchase was successful on the Google Play store whenever i try to install the app, Snap would freeze and then crash completely. can anyone help me with this? i mean i'd hate to think i purchased an app and then cant install it
    At what point does it crash? Do you get to the screen where you can click the "install" button? If so, it's not snap. It's either the apk or your android runtime.
    04-12-14 05:35 PM
    I believe that's on Google's end. I get that too. I think it has to do with two-step verification.
    I have the same issue with two-step verification enabled. Other apps that use app-specific passwords don't seem to have this issue (namely APK Downloader, email on my Lumia, and email on my PlayBook), but it could still be on Google's end since the nature of Snap differs from these other apps.

Having said that, Google claims "You should need to enter it only once" when you generate an app-specific password.
    04-12-14 05:53 PM
    Working fine here

Posted via CB10
    False alarm
    Sorry

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 05:56 PM
    On an unrelated note, downloading all these .apk files with Snap ends up filling the device storage space pretty quickly. I found that in Device/downloads, it's rammed with .apk files.

1. Does Snap use these files to keep track of which apps I've downloaded?
    2. If I delete these files, will Snap still let me know when updates are available for my installed apps?

I tried deleting the Instagram apk and I can still open the app and see it under the Installed tab within Snap, but without an update I can't confirm whether it will still tell me about updates.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that every time you download an .apk, even if it's an update for an existing app, the file is stored here. After a while, you'll end up with a bunch of .apk for the same app, just different versions. I'm currently going through and deleting all the older version .apk files.

Even apps you downloaded and ended up deleting still have their .apk files stored here. Delete them to get back space!

Don't forget that you can set Snap to MOVE APKs wherever you want after install, also.

I use the APK Renamer Android app to rename the APKs after I install them (because a lot of them have confusing names without proper versions or even the correct app name in the filename), and then every once in a while move those to SD card for final storage. (I like to have them in internal storage for a while in case I run into an install issue or something)

As for Snap detecting your installed apps, I don't think it bases that on the APKs in the install folder, but on the installed apps themselves. (Though I don't know how it distinguishes from ie BBW-installed Android apps and it's own. Snap on my device does not show anything but apps it installed itself, even when the "post install" folder is empty.)

What I'd like to know is what the "cache" is - ie what "Clear cache" does in settings.

I think this is where it saves a copy of APKs installed (and possibly how it compiles a list of "my apps") but if this is the case I don't know how it re-populates the list if you clear that.
    xtremesniper likes this.
    04-12-14 06:16 PM
    Unable to install app "Photo Grid - Collage Maker" by RoidApp. Can you look into why I cannot install the latest version of this app? It won't list the "Download" icon next to the app - just shows you the app but it won't let you install it. This happened about 2 weeks ago when they placed an updated version of the app. I am on stock OS 10.2.1.2102 on Q10 SQN100-1.

If anyone has a good idea for a free app that allows you to select multiple photos and put them in frames (2, 3, 4, 8, etc. pics per frame) let me know. Was looking for a good Android or BB10 equivalent to "Pic Stitch" on the iPhone and Photo Grid was recommended. Met my needs but now I can't load it!!!

Have sideloaded in the meantime (but have some issues with the screen size so I don't think it converted the APX file to BAR correctly). Please let me know if there is a way to load this through Snap. Thanks!!!
    04-13-14 11:11 AM
    May I ask why you converted the apk File to a bar file? You can directly install the apk without converting it. Just copy it to your memory card and then run Installation from filemanager.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:53 PM
    May I ask why you converted the apk File to a bar file? You can directly install the apk without converting it. Just copy it to your memory card and then run Installation from filemanager.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks...that worked. I guess I was too used to my sideloading days Still odd that it won't load through Snap though. Thanks Cobalt232!
    04-13-14 04:10 PM
    So i finally decided to give this snap thing a go since all my sideloaded android apps as well as bbw converted apps stopped working after the 10.2.1 update, i figured i could redownload updated versions through snap to see if they work...
    anyhow, it says it downloaded but when you try to run the installer it stays stuck in the processing screen... i know others have had the same problem in other threads but they are from jan and lead to more confusions as to what works and what doesn't, i don't want to wipe my device only to find out it was a waste of time and now we are in mid april so i'm hoping someone has come up with a definitive solution to this processing screen cause i sure would like to know what it is...i'm off to bed now as it's 3am here in cali. so i'll check back tomorrow to see if people have any better ideas.
    04-14-14 05:26 AM
    Pretty sure you have to wipe your phone and do a clean OS install. I'm sure something went wrong somewhere.
    04-14-14 07:33 AM
    So i finally decided to give this snap thing a go since all my sideloaded android apps as well as bbw converted apps stopped working after the 10.2.1 update, i figured i could redownload updated versions through snap to see if they work...
    anyhow, it says it downloaded but when you try to run the installer it stays stuck in the processing screen... i know others have had the same problem in other threads but they are from jan and lead to more confusions as to what works and what doesn't, i don't want to wipe my device only to find out it was a waste of time and now we are in mid april so i'm hoping someone has come up with a definitive solution to this processing screen cause i sure would like to know what it is...i'm off to bed now as it's 3am here in cali. so i'll check back tomorrow to see if people have any better ideas.
    Download and sideload the two runtime files below, then reboot your device. That should solve the endless processing problem.

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    omega supreme likes this.
    04-14-14 08:07 AM
    Having this weird issue with SNAP lately. When i try to download Whatsapp for instance, it downloads some other app. Anyone having this kind of issue or is it just me?
    04-14-14 09:44 AM
    Having this weird issue with SNAP lately. When i try to download Whatsapp for instance, it downloads some other app. Anyone having this kind of issue or is it just me?
    Yeah there are other reports of this bug in this thread as well. Only a few users seem to be affected, but I can see how that would be terribly annoying. Hopefully the dev can figure out the cause and fix it.
    04-14-14 11:21 AM
    Add resume feature too. Sometimes if my phone drops wifi signal, I have to again download the full file. Also it is not downloading if I lock my screen or make to run snap in background.
    04-14-14 11:34 AM
    Hey Guys!

I'm really new with BlackBerry and also with this great forum.

I've tried to install the Snap but nothing happened just a new screen appears and thats all.

Someone time to advice me?

Plz.

Greetings

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:21 PM
    Hey Guys!

I'm really new with BlackBerry and also with this great forum.

I've tried to install the Snap but nothing happened just a new screen appears and thats all.

Someone time to advice me?

Plz.

Greetings

Posted via CB10
    Try Snap installer How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-14-14 02:48 PM
    I just side loaded this app and what a nice piece of work, awesome!
    04-14-14 02:49 PM
3,312 ... 100101102103104 ...