Snap require OS 10.2.1+. So the answer is No.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    03-07-14 03:19 AM
    Thx..

BlackBerry Z30 / BlackBerry PlayBook 32G
    03-07-14 04:35 AM
    Hi James..

I have an interesting issue.
    'You Don't Know Jack' is free...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...OUDONTKNOWJACK
    (And says compatible with my device (Z10)).

Search for it in Snap, does not show up! Scrolled through all 200 entries.. the only thing that comes up is 'JackPad'...

So I clicked 'Install' from google play (which doesn't work, of course).
    However, it now shows up under 'Available'

But, when I click 'Download', it errors out: "The item you were attempting to purchase could not be found."

Any thoughts?

Edit: whoah.. did not realize screenshots would come out so big on the forum.... resized/cropped them all...
    Last edited by oldschool75; 03-07-14 at 01:20 PM.
    03-07-14 12:48 PM
    My daughter was running Spotify and Instagram on her Z10, but upgraded her OS this week....alas no more Spotify or Instagram.
    Searched and found Snap....downloaded, installed, running and logged in to my Google account....but...
    Have downloaded the Spotify APK through the program, hit the Open Installer button, goes to processing but just sits there....Any ideas?
    Using the previous OS I had download and installed the Runtime 810 programmes, is that the issue?
    Help would be welcomed, daughter is somewhat hacked off!!

Currently running 10.2.1.537, so all should be well!
    Last edited by Mark Averill; 03-08-14 at 06:53 AM.
    03-08-14 06:20 AM
    I think I recall there being an issue if you side loaded the runtime APKs. Something about them not being overwritten during the update process. I'd use Sachesi and download the APKs for your current OS and side load them.
    03-08-14 09:23 AM
    does that mean that I still need the runtime APKs? Does the recent OS update need new runtime files? Sorry to be so dumb.....!
    Last edited by Mark Averill; 03-08-14 at 12:41 PM.
    03-08-14 12:00 PM
    Firstly, there is nothing such as a 'Runtime apk'. What there is, is an 'Android Runtime'. An Android Runtime consists of two files (sys.android and sys.android.shell), and they are both in bar format, not apk format.

As it concerns your case, here is what you need to do. If you have OS 10.2.1.1925 aka 10.2.1.537 autoloader, simply extract the Android runtime files and sideload them, then restart your device, that's all.

Edit: here are the links to the runtime files.

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Last edited by dustmalik; 03-08-14 at 01:27 PM.
    03-08-14 01:14 PM
    Dustmalik, many thanks worked a treat.
    Another question if I may? You say to "extract the Android files and sideload them", whilst sideloading is easy, where are the Android files extracted from? I guess that when the next OS update comes I will be in the same boat and needing "new" bar files, and I really would like to do this sort of maintenance work independently rather than rely on kind folk such as yourself. Is there a website that you can point me to that explains how to extract the files and, more importantly, how the whole OS hangs together?
    Good that I now have two daughters, two Z10s and two smiling faces!!
    03-09-14 08:19 AM
    why!
    i can't open the bar with my q10
    03-09-14 12:32 PM
    why!
    It'd sure be nice if people read the topics they post in. Don't worry. I'll save you the trouble. You can't open BAR files from your phone. You need to sideload them from a computer using Sachesi or another method. Search the forums for instructions with that.
    03-09-14 01:08 PM
    I don't think that would be very productive.
    03-09-14 01:27 PM
    Dustmalik, many thanks worked a treat.
    Another question if I may? You say to "extract the Android files and sideload them", whilst sideloading is easy, where are the Android files extracted from? I guess that when the next OS update comes I will be in the same boat and needing "new" bar files, and I really would like to do this sort of maintenance work independently rather than rely on kind folk such as yourself. Is there a website that you can point me to that explains how to extract the files and, more importantly, how the whole OS hangs together?
    Good that I now have two daughters, two Z10s and two smiling faces!!
    No problem. There is a tool called Sachesi which can be used to extract files from an Autoloader. Find out everything about it here Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer

03-09-14 04:03 PM
    Hello there!
    Thanks for great work!
    Not sure where should I post bug reports so excuse me if this thread is inappropriate place for mine.
    I'm having an issue installing one particular app using Snap. The app called Cityguide GPS Navigator, it is free on Google Play. When I open its page in Snap there's no Download button, no description, no version info. Overall it looks like the page just takes too long to load, but I waited 10+ min with no avail. I am not sure if this bug affects other apps, I've encountered it only with Cityguide.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 10:20 AM
    Hello there!
    Thanks for great work!
    Not sure where should I post bug reports so excuse me if this thread is inappropriate place for mine.
    I'm having an issue installing one particular app using Snap. The app called Cityguide GPS Navigator, it is free on Google Play. When I open its page in Snap there's no Download button, no description, no version info. Overall it looks like the page just takes too long to load, but I waited 10+ min with no avail. I am not sure if this bug affects other apps, I've encountered it only with Cityguide.

Posted via CB10

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140310_164316.png
    You are right. It seems to be the only app i have come across with such issue.

Edit: Here is a direct download link to the app in Play Stores CityGuide GPS Navigator

When next you are having issues grabbing apks via Snap, you can always try these Web services for grabbing apks from Play Stores :
    1. http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
    2. http://apkleecher.com/
    3. http://apk-dl.com/

Last edited by dustmalik; 03-10-14 at 11:55 AM.
    03-10-14 10:59 AM
    Just to share. Tried also checking out Cityguide. Same issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:15 AM
    Me too on my Q. Is it an issue with non-english characters posssibly?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 12:50 PM
    Thanks for help!
    The direct link worked, I've installed apk with no problems. Added those links to my browser's favorites just in case.

Edit: I've tried several other apps with Cyrillic characters in title and was able to install any of them.
    03-10-14 12:53 PM
    Any chance that we can get Snap in an apk version so that we don't need to sideload it? I have an IT policy that prevents sideloading but can install apk files with no problem on 10.2.1. I would prefer not to delete BlackBerry balance.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:43 PM
    Any chance that we can get Snap in an apk version so that we don't need to sideload it? I have an IT policy that prevents sideloading but can install apk files with no problem on 10.2.1. I would prefer not to delete BlackBerry balance.

Posted via CB10
    Been asked before. Many times in this thread also. There are other stores you can install as an apk. What makes Snap unique is that it's native. Native apps have to be a .bar file and sideloaded. I would suggest looking at the other app stores that are apks

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    03-11-14 12:05 AM
    Hi all!

I am new to blackberry... so please help me out a little bit here. I have a Q10... I have successfully update to 10.2 and surely enjoying it very much! I side load Snap and installing some apps... How could I get rid off the bar on the bottom? I’ve tried to look around but still cannot find the solution to it. Im sorry if it’s been mentioned before...

thanks for your help in advance!

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140311_014839.pngClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140311_014839.png 
Views:	6680 
Size:	571.6 KB 
ID:	254144
    03-11-14 12:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a corporate IT policy restricted z10.
    Bank owned canadian firm

Here is how you get snap on it
    1 delete your corporate email account. This will remove the it policy.
    2 turn on development mode and pair the dz10 to your computer
    3 install .bar file to z10, latest snap ap
    4. Turn off development mode
    5 probably worth while to reboot the device.
    6 reinstall the corporate account by asking for a device activation password from your it department. Most of these departments are in India and will release an activation password without too much trouble. It takes time to add the account back on the device and you will need to update your locked screen display as well . Also, if you synced some of your email folders you will need to reset that as well.

Best of luck as snap is perfect. The bb will continue to live.

I just whish the next snap update is done with an apk file as they can be executed directly on the z10
    03-11-14 01:02 AM
    Hi all!

I am new to blackberry... so please help me out a little bit here. I have a Q10... I have successfully update to 10.2 and surely enjoying it very much! I side load Snap and installing some apps... How could I get rid off the bar on the bottom? I�ve tried to look around but still cannot find the solution to it. Im sorry if it�s been mentioned before...

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	254144Click image for larger version. 

Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, you'll see "hide the bar" tap it and it will disappear. And by the way there is iGrann for Instagram on BlackBerry World it's native and free ( better than the .apk)

Posted via CB10
    xColumbiax and jzajac like this.
    03-11-14 04:23 AM
    why!
    Did you sideloaded?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 04:24 AM

Snap is great! Can I donate money to you?

I really don�t expect any compensation for creating Snap, I just was annoyed with manually transferring APKs and using those other app stores and thought I could make a native Cascades app that downloads them directly from Google Play. After request from several of you, I�ve added a tiny donate button to the bottom of this post.
    Sent you 10$, thank you for the great contribution to the community.
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    03-11-14 08:19 AM
    Hi all!

I am new to blackberry... so please help me out a little bit here. I have a Q10... I have successfully update to 10.2 and surely enjoying it very much! I side load Snap and installing some apps... How could I get rid off the bar on the bottom? I’ve tried to look around but still cannot find the solution to it. Im sorry if it’s been mentioned before...

Click image for larger version. 

And if you ever decide you want the bar to come back, just swipe down from the top again and tap on "show bar" for it to return.
    03-11-14 12:20 PM
3,312 ... 9394959697 ...