I understand I need Google Chrome in order to sideload Snap. How do I download and install Google Chrome to a BlackBerry Z10?
    03-03-14 11:43 AM
    I understand I need Google Chrome in order to sideload Snap. How do I download and install Google Chrome to a BlackBerry Z10?
    It needs to be installed on your computer, not the z10. Took me less than 5 minutes to install snap this morning.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:48 AM
    You use Chrome with a plugin on your computer to sideload the Snap app to your phone. The plugin is called PlayBook App Manager.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-03-14 03:29 PM
    This app is great; I love it. But, I'd really like access to the downloaded apk BEFORE installing. Some apk's I'd like to move to my computer so I can patch them before installing. It is extra steps to install the app so I can "see" the apk, and then I have to uninstall so I can install the patched version. Could you give that some consideration? Thanks!

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-03-14 03:32 PM
    I have a corporate IT policy restricted z10.
    Bank owned canadian firm

Here is how you get snap on it
    1 delete your corporate email account. This will remove the it policy.
    2 turn on development mode and pair the dz10 to your computer
    3 install .bar file to z10, latest snap ap
    4. Turn off development mode
    5 probably worth while to reboot the device.
    6 reinstall the corporate account by asking for a device activation password from your it department. Most of these departments are in India and will release an activation password without too much trouble. It takes time to add the account back on the device and you will need to update your locked screen display as well . Also, if you synced some of your email folders you will need to reset that as well.

Best of luck as snap is perfect. The bb will continue to live.

I just whish the next snap update is done with an apk file as they can be executed directly on the z10
    03-03-14 05:09 PM
    I seem to be having an issue with the app logging me out every once in a while. I use an app specific password for Snap since I have two-step authentication enabled on my Google account. But after not using the app for a while (not sure exactly how long), when I try to access the app it tells me I've been logged out and need to log in again, which is quite annoying since I have to go generate a new password. I've had this happen twice now. Any idea what's going on?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 03-03-14 at 11:34 PM.
    03-03-14 11:12 PM
    Hey James.. are you reading up the forums for flipshush and snap? both of them need an update..
    flipshush for battery optimization.. I feel its on a higher side as of now.. and an option to exclude alarm from getting silent...
    and Snap.. there is an issue with downloading especially on wifi.. everytime I try to download an app 10MB+ of size.. it gives me download error.. but if I download the same on my mobile network.. it is super fast.. Also, I guess there can be more features you can include in snap..
    03-04-14 12:44 AM
    I'm sure this has been addressed 1000 times but...i just installed snap. is it safe to have it on your device? Do the apps use any more battery or data than native BB apps?

Snap is very safe.

One should be more careful with the Android apps themselves because in general there are more security issues with the Android platform. And yes, some Android apps are big battery drainers. If you follow the discussions here on CB you can usually get a feel for which ones people have good experiences with and which ones not.

I also run some antivirus tools on the device I use Snap on, keep them running all the time. Avast and MalwareBytes. Just in case. They don't use much power, even if I have them set to do a scheduled scan of everything once a day.
    03-04-14 03:34 AM
    Is there any news on whether/when Snap will be updated or what the future plans for it are?

Is there any chance of it being able to update itself OTA rather than having to sideload new versions, or is that something that will never happen because of the way BB10 works?

Will you be able to hide apps that you don't want to update, for example, or that it has picked up even though they were installed by another Appstore? It prompts me to update some of my Amazon appstore apps for instance.
    03-04-14 07:31 AM
    I've got the bar file on my BB but can't open it, any suggestions?
    03-04-14 03:59 PM
    It has to be sideloaded. Unfortunately, it can't be installed straight from the device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3/#post9967976
    03-04-14 04:09 PM
    My suggestion would be to read back a few pages. This question is often asked. Hint: you have to sideload the bar file using a computer.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-04-14 04:10 PM
    I love this app

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:15 PM
    It has to be sideloaded. Unfortunately, it can't be installed straight from the device.http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3/#post9967976
    I commend your response because you took time to direct the reader to exact, additional info, rather than merely telling him to hunt for the answer. I wish more people would do the same.
    anand_ma likes this.
    03-04-14 05:19 PM
    I love this app

Posted via CB10
    Don't we all

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    03-04-14 06:11 PM
    I commend your response because you took time to direct the reader to exact, additional info, rather than merely telling him to hunt for the answer. I wish more people would do the same.
    As one of those that frequently tells people to look for the answer, I wish more people would look for the answer. If you follow a thread like this from the beginning, seeing the same questions repeated every page or two gets tiresome.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-04-14 09:06 PM
    As one of those that frequently tells people to look for the answer, I wish more people would look for the answer. If you follow a thread like this from the beginning, seeing the same questions repeated every page or two gets tiresome.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    I know what's it like to need help and I also know what it's like to feel like people expect others to do the work for them. I guess it's all in how someone asks. If I can search for an old thread and for info, why couldn't the person who asked the question in the first place? The only real difference is experience reading the forums. That lack of experience from the asker can change real quick after some good reading and searching. I'm speaking in general and not towards any particular member or question. Back to the topic of thread!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:20 PM
    Plain and simple... There's enough un-tech savvy people out there, that being a dousche to people on the forums because it makes us feel better, isn't gonna solve BlackBerrys problem of losing users. If snap came preloaded, how many more people would have stuck with bb10? Just trying to be helpful. Why even comment if you're not gonna help? Haha
    03-04-14 11:18 PM
    For the next version I've completely rewritten the Download manager within Snap that saves the file as it downloads. This will allow you to resume a download, either from a failure, switching networks, or just tapping the pause button. Stay tuned!

Also, could you post a screenshot to the Flip Shush thread of your Device Monitor (Battery screen) at the end if the day showing Flip Shush's battery usage percentage?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:36 AM
    For the next version I've completely rewritten the Download manager within Snap that saves the file as it downloads. This will allow you to resume a download, either from a failure, switching networks, or just tapping the pause button. Stay tuned!

Also, could you post a screenshot to the Flip Shush thread of your Device Monitor (Battery screen) at the end if the day showing Flip Shush's battery usage percentage?

Posted via CB10
    Hey thats great! When can we expect the update?

And here is your screen shot. Also any other app you will give us? Remember we talked about social feeds? Or maybe a call recorder or a map app for complete offline navigation etc. ? I don't mind paying you for app as you work is just so perfect.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140305_183626.png

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 07:08 AM
    Also please check for flipshush muting the media even when the option is off. (

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:10 AM
    I'm feeling a bit inept. I downloaded the file but there has to be more to it. Can someone send me to a link that walks you through the install process?

Thanks,
    03-06-14 12:26 PM
    I'm feeling a bit inept. I downloaded the file but there has to be more to it. Can someone send me to a link that walks you through the install process?

Thanks,
    How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9967976
    03-06-14 01:45 PM
    Thanks so much Sally Mack!!
    03-06-14 02:01 PM
    I was wondering is there a specific bar file to side load SNAP on a BB Playbook.. You assistance would be greatly appreciated...
    03-07-14 02:10 AM
3,312 ... 9293949596 ...