So Ghost commander in BB World?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 06:22 PM
    So Ghost commander in BB World?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Yes.

Once downloaded, go to applications-> scroll to whichever app -> long press -> manage -> uninstall
    03-01-14 06:34 PM
    Yes.

Once downloaded, go to applications-> scroll to whichever app -> long press -> manage -> uninstall
    Ok tried, and when I go to open app, it gives me BlackBerry screen with blue bar across bottom, and then reverts back to home screen??

This is what happened when I tried opening words app, and reason I deleted and wanted to reinstall.

What is going on?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 06:38 PM
    Ok tried, and when I go to open app, it gives me BlackBerry screen with blue bar across bottom, and then reverts back to home screen??

This is what happened when I tried opening words app, and reason I deleted and wanted to reinstall.

What is going on?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Sounds like your android runtime is acting up. Restart and try downloading/installing words with friends again. Chances are you won't even need to do the ghost commander thing.
    03-01-14 06:54 PM

What is going on?

Android apps should be uninstalled using the "Storage" tab of the App Manager / Device Monitor.

Removing the icon is not adequate.

And using Ghost Commander or some other tool to invoke the Android app manager, in my experience, doesn't work either.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    03-01-14 06:55 PM
    Yeah, sounds like a runtime issue. But in the future just for reference, you still want to use Ghost Commander to remove any. apk files you install..
    03-01-14 06:57 PM
    Android apps should be uninstalled using the "Storage" tab of the App Manager / Device Monitor.

And using Ghost Commander or some other tool to invoke the Android app manager, in my experience, doesn't work either.
    That's good to know, never thought of trying that, but I've haven't run into an issue yet with GC.
    03-01-14 06:59 PM

App manager, you mean in BlackBerry world, or through Snap? Where is this?

I turned off/on phone. Same problem. Just says initiating when trying to install words with snap.

Still getting black screen with blue bar when opening ghost commander.

Ok, now when opening ghost commander I just get black screen, no bar....

??

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 07:04 PM
    Swipe down from the top on your home screen and open device monitor. Then go to storage and look for the app, then delete.
    03-01-14 07:24 PM
    Swipe down from the top on your home screen and open device monitor. Then go to storage and look for the app, then delete.
    Words not under Storage list, but I deleted Ghost Commander this way, then tried redownloading Ghost Commander and still only get black screen when opening app. ?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 07:27 PM
    Ok found out that when I access the Storage, all apps that say loading, will open to black screen. So why are these apps still sitting at "loading"??

I found words apk in file manager and deleted the apk. I tried downloading again, but still sits at "processing" screen.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 08:00 PM
    Ok found out that when I access the Storage, all apps that say loading, will open to black screen. So why are these apps still sitting at "loading"??

I found words apk in file manager and deleted the apk. I tried downloading again, but still sits at "processing" screen.

Something is very screwed-up w/ your device.

And I may be mis-perceiving something, but it sounds like you aren't patient enough when you try to launch things and keep closing them before giving them a chance to finish loading.

The Android runtime after a cold system restart has to re-initialize itself. That means the first time you launch an Android app, it might take 60 seconds or more to launch.

Be patient. Because if you keep killing that process before it finishes, it's possible it is getting the runtime into some weird state.
    03-01-14 08:05 PM
    I know about apps needing time to load after restart, I waited over 5 min for each. No change.

I am getting same results.

There a way to refresh the runtime?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 08:16 PM

You can try sideloading the 2 Android BAR files again. Not sure if that will help or not in this case.

HaTaX posted a tutorial on resetting the Android runtime but some people had trouble with that technique.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hlight=android
    03-01-14 08:31 PM
    I know about apps needing time to load after restart, I waited over 5 min for each. No change.

I am getting same results.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Not sure how you installed 2141, but if you restored App Data from a backup your Runtime may be corrupt - and you would have to reinstall the OS from scratch. If this is not the case and you're familiar with desktop tools like Sachesi , you can just the android runtime bar file and sideload it to your device. That usually clears up a rouge bar file.

Here's the download link, for the 2141 Runtime bar file: http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Hope this helps.
    03-01-14 08:43 PM
    I installed 2141 using Sanchesi

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 09:08 PM
    I just donated $5 to you, I know its not much but you just created the best Blackberry App on the market. Complete life saver! Thanks so much dude.
    03-01-14 09:42 PM
    Not sure how you installed 2141, but if you restored App Data from a backup your Runtime may be corrupt - and you would have to reinstall the OS from scratch. If this is not the case and you're familiar with desktop tools like Sachesi , you can just the android runtime bar file and sideload it to your device. That usually clears up a rouge bar file.

Here's the download link, for the 2141 Runtime bar file: http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Hope this helps.
    Well, installed with Sanchesi and no difference None of my android apps that I installed with Snap work at all....

In process of deleting Snap and reinstall with Sanchesi again
    Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 03-01-14 at 10:49 PM.
    03-01-14 10:22 PM
    Fixed!! I deleted android apps, deleted Snap, reinstalled Snap with Sanchesi and redownloaded android apps. Apps now working! Seems part problem due to Snap app was not working correctly.

I just hope I dont have to do this often...

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Mecca EL and Omnitech like this.
    03-01-14 11:12 PM
    Fixed!! I deleted android apps, deleted Snap, reinstalled Snap with Sanchesi and redownloaded android apps. Apps now working! Seems part problem due to Snap app was not working correctly.

I just hope I dont have to do this often...

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Good job!
    03-02-14 08:19 AM
    I think your problem is that you're using Sanchesi instead of Sachesi.
    ralphlauren27 and pvphooman like this.
    03-02-14 02:47 PM
    Just completed new leaked OS and side loading Snap... Took a few hrs but mission accomplished.. Z30 running great. Thanks VZW for challenging my intelligence..

BlackBerry Z30 / BlackBerry PlayBook 32G
    03-02-14 02:51 PM
    Hi, just had a blast at installing this, working amazingly, updates a few Android apps too where as 1M never seems to work, thank you
    03-03-14 04:53 AM
    Just completed new leaked OS and side loading Snap...
    WHAT ??? New leaked OS? What do you mean?
    03-03-14 05:25 AM
    I'm sure this has been addressed 1000 times but...i just installed snap. is it safe to have it on your device? Do the apps use any more battery or data than native BB apps?
    03-03-14 10:25 AM
3,312 ... 9192939495 ...