I need pause and resume function for snap if possible..!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:34 AM
    Did you read the message that came up when you hid the bar? Swipe from the bottom of the screen diagonally up: go from about bottom center toward center of the left screen edge. Hardware key not required.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Yes I did, and in my last message I said that feature is very slow. Doesnt respond quick at all. Reason a hard key back button is needed

Also apps I have tried the T and B buttons dont work. These I use often and am dissapointed they are not working in apps downloaded through Sanchesi.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 08:44 AM
    Yes I did, and in my last message I said that feature is very slow. Doesnt respond quick at all. Reason a hard key back button is needed

Also apps I have tried the T and B buttons dont work. These I use often and am dissapointed they are not working in apps downloaded through Sanchesi.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    You need to differentiate between what is responsible for which features. Snap does nothing but provide a simple way to download apk from the Google Play Store. The installation, functionality, and behavior is the responsibility of the OS. I would agree that the "back-swipe" is slow; slower in fact, than it was on 1925. But it works if you are patient. That said, with each OS release, the android runtime gets better. Be patient. Perhaps the next OS will have an even better runtime implementation.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 01:34 PM
    You need to differentiate between what is responsible for which features. Snap does nothing but provide a simple way to download apk from the Google Play Store. The installation, functionality, and behavior is the responsibility of the OS. I would agree that the "back-swipe" is slow; slower in fact, than it was on 1925. But it works if you are patient. That said, with each OS release, the android runtime gets better. Be patient. Perhaps the next OS will have an even better runtime implementation.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Thats why I want an actual back button/key. So we wouldnt need to use the black bar. Everyone says why do we need it when you can just swipe back on screen, but that doesnt work in android apps. And why is the black bar so big? Sorry to complain here.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 02:24 PM
    Thats why I want an actual back button/key. So we wouldnt need to use the black bar. Everyone says why do we need it when you can just swipe back on screen, but that doesnt work in android apps. And why is the black bar so big? Sorry to complain here.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    I was able to use the back swipe on bottom of screen in kijiji app with no issues. Maybe your not low enough or to low. Which apps are you not able to swipe back on so I can try.

Posted via Z30 using CB10
    02-25-14 02:57 PM

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Ever since android got rid of the hardware back button (I think in 4.0), android app designers should be abiding by the design principle of having a back button/nav button on the top left corner of their apps.

In most cases, this will do what you want, but unfortunately not all devs followed this guideline.

That said, the diagonal swipe works just the same. If it's taking you 5 tries, you're doing it wrong .
    02-25-14 03:34 PM
    I was able to use the back swipe on bottom of screen in kijiji app with no issues. Maybe your not low enough or to low. Which apps are you not able to swipe back on so I can try.

Posted via Z30 using CB10
    Facebook, JoAnns, UrbanSpoon. I havnt found one that works with swipe right. Also regarding the hiding black bar, the swiping from bottom left/right diagonally isnt working for me. Is there a trick to it??

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 05:18 PM
    Facebook, JoAnns, UrbanSpoon. I havnt found one that works with swipe right. Also regarding the hiding black bar, the swiping from bottom left/right diagonally isnt working for me. Is there a trick to it??

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    It does take a little practice. You have to be fast and you need to stay just above the bezel. So start at the middle below the screen and swipe to the left but stay within the bottom half inch. Remember where the bar used to be and stay within that area. Hope that helps

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    02-25-14 05:25 PM
    It does take a little practice. You have to be fast and you need to stay just above the bezel. So start at the middle below the screen and swipe to the left but stay within the bottom half inch. Remember where the bar used to be and stay within that area. Hope that helps

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Tried this over and over, nothing. It just scrolls the screen or selects whats on screen etc.

Ahhhh, ok I was moving from lower left/right diagonally. Its really start in middle then move left. Thanks

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    nappp likes this.
    02-25-14 07:38 PM
    I would like to install an .apk file without first uninstalling/deleting the installed app. (Deleting the installed app also deletes its app data and settings.) Any suggestions as to how I can do that? Thanks.

My scenario: Using Snap, I can download an updated app and then just update over the older one. That process is ok unless I need to modify/patch the .apk file of the newer version. Then, to install that modified .apk, I must first uninstall the version that I just installed with Snap.
    02-25-14 08:14 PM

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    I'll use Urbanspoon as an example of an app that has the android design guidelines implemented.

When you want to go "back" from a screen, you can do so using the apps' own navigation button on the top left corner (there will be an arrow there).

And "swiping right" from an Android app isn't quite as fluid as it is from a bb10 app. You have to literally put your thumb at the right edge of the screen, and slowly slide left (again, only if the android app was built with this functionality. Facebook and Urbanspoon both have this). Alternatively, pressing the top left corner when the 3 lines are present will achieve the same result.

I hope that helps!
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-25-14 08:53 PM
    Hey guys

There is a new version of the Snap Installer available. Check it out here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3/#post9967976

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-snap_installer_win.png
    tryfe likes this.
    02-26-14 04:37 PM
    Hey guys

There is a new version of the Snap Installer available. Check it out here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap_Installer_Win.PNG 
Views:	3399 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	251176
    How do we get Snap app updated?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-26-14 07:11 PM
    Just click download and install buttton in Sap Installer and it will fetch the most recent version of Snap and push it to your device.

So updating is just a one Button click!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:15 AM
    Anyone not able to go back in the app after installing an android app in the new snap update?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:48 AM
    I have downloaded the bar file what should I do next to install snap
    02-27-14 08:32 AM
    Just click download and install buttton in Sap Installer and it will fetch the most recent version of Snap and push it to your device.

So updating is just a one Button click!

Posted via CB10
    Bummer, I was hoping to not have to use PC again anytime soon.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    02-27-14 08:58 AM
    Wow, this is incredible! Because of Snap, I now have what I've been waiting for since 2007! Quicken! Yay!

Thank you, Jamespaulmuir. You just made my life so much easier.
    02-27-14 10:00 AM
    I have downloaded the bar file what should I do next to install snap
    Go and download Snap Installer and install Snap on your device :-)

anand_ma likes this.
    02-27-14 10:16 AM
    A good feature would be the ability to save the old APK as a possible downgrade if the newer version isn't working very well
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 03-01-14 at 09:28 PM.
    02-27-14 06:59 PM
    Wow, this is incredible! Because of Snap, I now have what I've been waiting for since 2007! Quicken! Yay!

Thank you, Jamespaulmuir. You just made my life so much easier.

He accepts donations.
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-27-14 09:20 PM
    Eager to see leticeberry's reply
    He accepts donations.
    02-27-14 11:55 PM
    Ok so how do I get a game (app) back that I deleted? Had Words with friends not loading for some reason, so deleted it. But when I open snap, says already installed!??

So tried redownloading game in menu of snap, but after downloading, it just keeps saying processing after I try and install it??

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 03-01-14 at 05:34 PM.
    03-01-14 05:22 PM
    Ok so how do I get a game (app) back that I deleted? Had Words with friends not loading for some reason, so deleted it. But when I open snap, says already installed!??

So tried redownloading game in menu of snap, but after downloading, it just keeps saying processing after I try and install it??

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    You need to delete it using Ghost Commander. If you just delete the icon it doesn't completely remove the app, so snap will show its still installed.
    03-01-14 05:42 PM
    You need to delete it using Ghost Commander. If you just delete the icon it doesn't completely remove the app, so snap will show its still installed.
    Ghost commander? It shows up under available apps, not installed apps so why wont it install?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 06:11 PM
3,312 ... 9091929394 ...