Again, thanks a lot for this great app.

My problem: I can download and install already purchased apps (e.g. gReader Pro). But when I start the app, it behaves as if it were not the full version (adds appear). Others, that have separate unlock/key apps don't work either.

Any suggestions?
    I have the same issue with some paid apps. Some apps need to check the license with Google play store before they will run as the paid app, and blackberry, right now, cannot check with Google play. The pro keys are the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:42 PM
    Ghost Commander is a file manager. How will it help determine which apps are running in the background? Unless I'm missing something, it's useless in this case.
    Ghost commander also manages applications to the extend that the android runtime allows you to (certain things like battery stats don't work).

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140217_154249.png
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140217_153609.png
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140217_154317.png
    02-17-14 02:46 PM
    Ghost commander also manages applications to the extend that the android runtime allows you to (certain things like battery stats don't work).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140217_154249.png 
Views:	1957 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	248806

Name:	IMG_20140217_153609.png 
Views:	1958 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	248807

Name:	IMG_20140217_154317.png 
Views:	1962 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	248808
    I didn't bother installing it since the name suggests it's nothing more than a file manager. Thanks for your post, though. I'm gonna give it a go.
    02-17-14 03:13 PM
    If you're going to install Ghost Commander, get the apk version as it is much more newer then the version in BlackBerry World..

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-17-14 04:17 PM
    I seem to be having an issue with opening the android apps I installed, they download and everything goes fine, but once I try and open them, it's like the screen doesn't recognize my hand is touching it (although I can drag down from top to show bar, and also swipe up to close)..

Is this issue fixed in the recent updates? I haven't updated yet, so I just wanna make sure incase it's something more major.

Since I cannot recall anyone else ever complaining about this, and I have no idea what OS version you are using, I can't really answer that.
    02-17-14 05:08 PM
    Also, when I go into device monitor, because I have none of the android apps actually open, there aren't any showing in the battery, cpu or memory tabs, showing taking up use space.

You don't need an app to be currently open in order to have it show in the "Battery" section of Device Manager, as that is a cumulative, historical list. (What you mention is only going to affect the CPU and Memory tabs)

Bear in mind that you need to select what timeframe you want to show historical battery usage for. If you have it set to ie "Since last charge" and you just took the device off the charger and haven't launched any Android apps since then, it won't show you anything.

There's an app in BlackBerry World called task manager, it's a task manager app just for android apps. It will show you what android apps are running in the background, as you say they won't show up in the BlackBerry device monitor. It will show you how much ram they are using and you can shut them down.

Bear in mind that due to app sandboxing in BB10, oftentimes that app will not display anything but its own process. I can't figure out the rhyme or reason why one minute it shows a bunch of other processes, and the next minute it just shows its own. In theory, it should never show any processes other than its own.

Download ghost commander from blackberry world and you can manage your android apps from within the runtime using that app

If you use that to run the Android application manager, I have found that it doesn't work right. IE if you try to uninstall an Android app that way, in my experience, it doesn't do anything.

Ghost Commander is a file manager. How will it help determine which apps are running in the background? Unless I'm missing something, it's useless in this case.

The Android version is actually more than just a file manager.
    02-17-14 05:13 PM
    Hi! It sounds like the app has been working for everybody else except me.. When i press open installer it says "Android installer not found on device. plese ensure you are running a compatible version of BlackBerry 10." What should i do??
    02-17-14 05:15 PM
    Hi! It sounds like the app has been working for everybody else except me.. When i press open installer it says "Android installer not found on device. plese ensure you are running a compatible version of BlackBerry 10." What should i do??
    02-17-14 05:16 PM
    Any chance this app will have the feature for updating apps without having to manually search each app for an update?? That would be a great feature.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:48 PM
    Any chance this app will have the feature for updating apps without having to manually search each app for an update?? That would be a great feature.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to search manually for each and every app. There's a list of all your installed apps that have an available update.
    02-17-14 07:49 PM
    Are you on os 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    02-17-14 08:26 PM
    I still can't install purchased apps. It downloads fine but Snap crashes when I tap open installer.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:18 AM
    Hi everybody, the Philips TV apps like ambilight + hue and myremote I installed over snap Google play can't find my Philips TV (6000 series, 2013, jointspace is activate, the TV is on and connected to the same network as the device)... Does anyone have the same problems (or can anyone check out the functionality if he/ she has a philips TV, too)? please help me thx!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:53 AM
    If you use that to run the Android application manager, I have found that it doesn't work right. IE if you try to uninstall an Android app that way, in my experience, it doesn't do anything
    I've actually encountered the opposite, where an app has been "uninstalled" via bb10, but when I went into ghost commander I could still see it in the app list. Then uninstalling from there did the trick.
    02-18-14 07:13 AM
    Since I cannot recall anyone else ever complaining about this, and I have no idea what OS version you are using, I can't really answer that.
    OS 10.2.1. w/ .1925 radio.

And yes, I haven't encountered anyone else running into the issue in any of the forums.. I'm hoping that when I update Snap tonight I can just reinstall the apps and they'll work. Just very strange that they open, I can get to the pull down header to show the bar, but I cannot use the app itself..
    02-18-14 08:49 AM
    Hi. I'm trying to download snap. But the the site redlightoflove is not working. plz help
    02-18-14 09:15 AM
    Snap says there is an update to one of my apps, Dice with Buddies, but it when I click on the app, it says that it installed and there is no option to update the app. Anyone know how to go about updating the app?
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140218_151758.png
    02-18-14 03:21 PM
    Why haven't they put you on BlackBerry World yet :'(

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    02-18-14 03:25 PM
    Why haven't they put you on BlackBerry World yet :'(

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    If you'd read a few posts back you'd know why it can't be so.
    02-18-14 03:37 PM
    Anybody else being promoted to re-enter their Google password?

Opened snap today (first time in a few days) and it said my password gad changed (it hasn't) and asked me to input it again. Given that snap is unofficial this kind of thing does raise alarm bells.

Anybody else seen this?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 04:31 PM

Opened snap today (first time in a few days) and it said my password gad changed (it hasn't) and asked me to input it again. Given that snap is unofficial this kind of thing does raise alarm bells.

Anybody else seen this?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I just figure it might opt to ask you for the password again (with that suspicious error message as a fallback) if it fails to authenticate for some reason. I just re-entered the password and it worked fine.
    02-18-14 05:14 PM

Anybody else seen this?

Posted via CB10
    Any chance you're using 2 step verification and had to enter a unique password the first time you set it up? I believe those expire and that may be why.
    02-18-14 05:44 PM
    Not sure where to post suggestions but well I have one. When we download an application, it would be nice to have the option to give a review that actually goes to the Google Play Store itself. As well writing them, viewing other reviews for that app. It will raise awareness for BlackBerrys. Just a suggestion, ya'know?

Posted via Mellor's Q10
    02-18-14 06:22 PM
    I love Snap. And Sachesi!

Big Love. Thanks everyone involved.
    saxxman likes this.
    02-18-14 08:50 PM
    If you'd read a few posts back you'd know why it can't be so.
    It's amazing. That question has also been answered about 50 times during this thread

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    02-18-14 10:39 PM
3,312 ... 8788899091 ...