James,
    Snap is just awesome, although I regret to say that I used it just for a couple of days, as I then did this stupid thing:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...nality-906233/
    Do I need to delete Snap and reinstall the APK again to have up and running?

Congrats & many thanks
    02-16-14 03:50 PM
    James,
    Snap is just awesome, although I regret to say that I used it just for a couple of days, as I then did this stupid thing:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...nality-906233/
    Do I need to delete Snap and reinstall the APK again to have up and running?

Congrats & many thanks
    Sideload the Android runtime posted on this thread, and you should be good 2141 android runtime bars. If you have already downloaded OS 10.2.1.2141, you can extract the android runtime and sideload.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    02-16-14 04:04 PM
    Well it worked until I restored all my data and apps. Now I have the same problem. Jim

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:19 PM
    well,it worked until I restored all my data and apps. Now I have the same problem again. Jim
    02-16-14 05:46 PM
    Dear dustmalik,

I did sideload the Android runtime BAR (the 1st one) through your links but the Snap installer still is not working. Do I need to delete and reinstall Snap for this matter?

I operate on 10.2.1.2102

many, many thanks

Sideload the Android runtime posted on this thread, and you should be good 2141 android runtime bars. If you have already downloaded OS 10.2.1.2141, you can extract the android runtime and sideload.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    02-16-14 06:17 PM
    In device location settings, is it necessary to allow Snap access to my location??

Posted via CB10
    I guess it requires the location so it can load the country specific Google Play store.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:18 PM
    Up to you. The first option moved it to a folder of your choice so you can backup the APK so that you don't have to download it again if you ever wanna delete and reinstall an app. The second option deletes the APK from your phone. That's what I have it set to. I don't see the need to save an APK since Google Play saves a list of my downloaded apps and I don't mind downloading them again should I ever need. Saves space on my phone.
    Thanks shifty

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:44 PM
    Hi to all, a quick question for all the pros out there. I have a Q10 and just discovered about this "Snap" app which allows us to get android apps onto our Blackberry phones(YAY)

I have successfully installed 2 apps of which I could never have done so before and I must say they work beautifully. My question to you all is quite simple...I travel a lot for work and would like to be able to video chat back home via my Q10 to family and friends(most have iphones and android phones).

Is there an app that anyone knows of that now works by downloading it through SNAP for a Q10? Help me out here guys! I am loving this!

Thx
    ThaRockTDC
    02-16-14 07:30 PM
    Starman9, I have the same problem. Jim

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:40 PM
    Hi to all, a quick question for all the pros out there. I have a Q10 and just discovered about this "Snap" app which allows us to get android apps onto our Blackberry phones(YAY)

I have successfully installed 2 apps of which I could never have done so before and I must say they work beautifully. My question to you all is quite simple...I travel a lot for work and would like to be able to video chat back home via my Q10 to family and friends(most have iphones and android phones).

Is there an app that anyone knows of that now works by downloading it through SNAP for a Q10? Help me out here guys! I am loving this!

Thx
    ThaRockTDC
    Doesn't Bbm support video chat for all devices now? If not, Tell your friends to upgrade to a real phone j/k non BlackBerry users .

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-16-14 07:44 PM
    Doesn't Bbm support video chat for all devices now? If not, Tell your friends to upgrade to a real phone j/k non BlackBerry users .

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    From what I have read, the most recent update for iPhone and Android users permits them only to use BBM Voice(tried it with non-BB users and works great), but not BBM Video yet. I am hoping one day it will be able to do that, but in the meantime I would like an alternative until that day arrives! Any suggestions?
    02-16-14 07:47 PM
    I fixed it. Just only restore your data not your apps

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:11 PM
    well,it worked until I restored all my data and apps. Now I have the same problem again. Jim
    Restore always causes issues... Always.... What happens if you try installing from the apk's direct saved location outside of Snap? Ex GPO to where the apk is saved on your apk or SD card and install from there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk Pro
    02-16-14 10:11 PM
    Hey Dustmalik,

this is an update on the issue of the Installer of Snap. After sideloading the Android runtime BAR you suggested and restarting my phone, Snap runs perfectly!
    Thank you for your expertise
    starman9
    02-17-14 02:44 AM
    so why they developer is not supporting us with Snap APK file

Because it's a native app, not an Android app. APKs are Android apps.

BlackBerry World does not allow apps that promote software stores that compete with BBW, so that is why BBW does not allow Snap to be distributed that way.

So, it's a five-minute sideload process. I find it that pretty easy, myself.

And multiple Snap releases in a single day is a very very rare occurrence, so that's not likely to be much of an issue going forward.
    nappp likes this.
    02-17-14 03:00 AM
    Second thing: does the fact of having the android apps on the phone (and not even open or running) kill battery life? Battery life has been horrible since 10.2.1 and downloading android apps for me.

Common problem.

Many Android apps install background services that run all the time, Android doesn't give users much control over that.

You can use the Device Monitor to check which apps are using the most battery, and try deleting those to see if it helps. (Remove them and then make sure to restart the device afterwards to make sure all the background processes get terminated. Sometimes that doesn't even work, as some can be hard to uninstall. Most reliable method is use Device Monitor, go to "Storage" tab, find the app you want to remove, press that, then press the Delete button at the bottom.)
    02-17-14 03:17 AM
    My question to you all is quite simple...I travel a lot for work and would like to be able to video chat back home via my Q10 to family and friends(most have iphones and android phones).

I haven't used it for this, but Skype is available directly from BlackBerry World and is very popular for that type of application.

It's actually a ported Android app but it's designed specifically for BB10 and officially tested and supported on the platform.
    02-17-14 03:26 AM
    I seem to be having an issue with opening the android apps I installed, they download and everything goes fine, but once I try and open them, it's like the screen doesn't recognize my hand is touching it (although I can drag down from top to show bar, and also swipe up to close)..

Is this issue fixed in the recent updates? I haven't updated yet, so I just wanna make sure incase it's something more major.
    02-17-14 09:31 AM
    Common problem.

Many Android apps install background services that run all the time, Android doesn't give users much control over that.

You can use the Device Monitor to check which apps are using the most battery, and try deleting those to see if it helps. (Remove them and then make sure to restart the device afterwards to make sure all the background processes get terminated. Sometimes that doesn't even work, as some can be hard to uninstall. Most reliable method is use Device Monitor, go to "Storage" tab, find the app you want to remove, press that, then press the Delete button at the bottom.)
    Appreciated!! however the android apps I've downloaded are ones I use, or use intermittently, because there is no support to BB10 for them from the Dev. Main reason I think many are happy to have android runtime built in....

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:47 AM
    Common problem.

Also, when I go into device monitor, because I have none of the android apps actually open, there aren't any showing in the battery, cpu or memory tabs, showing taking up use space.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:50 AM
    Also, when I go into device monitor, because I have none of the android apps actually open, there aren't any showing in the battery, cpu or memory tabs, showing taking up use space.

Posted via CB10
    There's an app in BlackBerry World called task manager, it's a task manager app just for android apps. It will show you what android apps are running in the background, as you say they won't show up in the BlackBerry device monitor. It will show you how much ram they are using and you can shut them down.

Here's the link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23203885

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    02-17-14 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Download ghost commander from blackberry world and you can manage your android apps from within the runtime using that app
    02-17-14 11:06 AM
    Download ghost commander from blackberry world and you can manage your android apps from within the runtime using that app
    Ghost Commander is a file manager. How will it help determine which apps are running in the background? Unless I'm missing something, it's useless in this case.
    02-17-14 11:16 AM
    Sometimes the apk is not in the download folder where it is designated.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    02-17-14 11:44 AM
    Sometimes the apk is not in the download folder where it is designated.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    After installation is finished, hit the back button and wait until it repopulates to show the app as installed.
    It won't move it if after install you just swipe up to close it.
    Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:31 PM
3,312 ... 8687888990 ...