Is there any way to set Snap as the default app for updating Android apps? The reason I ask is this, and this is the first time this has happened, I updated Skype this evening on Snap, but when I opened it, if told me there was a newer version available, and prompted me to update it. I clicked update, and it immediately took me to that stupid Amazon app store that I can't get rid of. Then when I tried to update it, I got a message stating how Skype was not compatible with my device, and shut me down. I ended up having to set Skype not look for updates, to get rid of the message. Funny how Amazon says Skype isn't compatible, but the version I got off Snap works just fine.

PaulJ
    04-13-15 08:29 PM
    Usually when I download App via Snap (or Cobalts google play), when I open amazon is shows app is installed but says underneath from a different store.

I have several apps that amazon supports that I got from Snap instead because they are more up to date, haven't run into update issue yet. I know it doesn't really help you, but from what I know there's no way to set up the default android store, just have to remember which ones you got from amazon and which ones from Google play.

It's kind of weird that you got the app from Snap and it's telling you a newer version is available from amazon, because amazon never gets updated as quick as Google play (except spotify I find. They are good at keeping amazon up to date)

Dunno if this will solve your issue either, but if you have no plans to use amazon you could sign out from within the app and see if that will help bypass it since we can't delete the store completely

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2558*
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 04-13-15 at 09:25 PM.
    04-13-15 09:07 PM
    Usually when I download App via Snap (or Cobalts google play), when I open amazon is shows app is installed but says underneath from a different store.

I have several apps that amazon supports that I got from Snap instead because they are more up to date, haven't run into update issue yet. I know it doesn't really help you, but from what I know there's no way to set up the default android store, just have to remember which ones you got from amazon and which ones from Google play.

It's kind of weird that you got the app from Snap and it's telling you a newer version is available from amazon, because amazon never gets updated as quick as Google play (except spotify I find. They are good at keeping amazon up to date)

Dunno if this will solve your issue either, but if you have no plans to use amazon you could sign out from within the app and see if that will help bypass it since we can't delete the store completely

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2558*
    Yeah, I dunno. I wasn't even signed in to Amazon at the time. I haven't even downloaded any apps from Amazon, because Snap is my go to store for Android apps. This has only happened the once, so hopefully it's an isolated incident.

PaulJ
    04-14-15 08:00 AM