SimplyDone

SimplyDone is an app that helps simplify the installation of the Google Play store and the assets that go along with it. It has the 5 required files to get as close to native support on your BlackBerry for the Play Store as possible, along with a few extras. Each of the .APK's were compiled via Cobalt232, they're being hosted on my server for the downloading process to work.

You can view screenshots with titles/descriptions here at Imgur here or there are attachments below.

View the stats as far as how many runs/what versinos of Cobalt's APKs the app is pushing here: Versions Page

You can get SimplyDone BAR v1.0 from jefflhunt.net here. -- This version of SimplyDone will no longer receive updates to it directly. It will remain fully functional however, so it can be used if desired (it does have hub notifications whereas the APK does not, right now).

You can get SimplyDone APK v1.0.1.100 from jefflhunt.net here.

Functionality:

• Robust Data Management - I have complete control as far as pushing the upgrades, version, file size, etc.. Directly from the script on my server that controls it all. In the "Other APK's" page, I can add or remove as many apk apps from there as I please. By doing this, hopefully it encourages as little sideloading as possible. People like things to "just work", that was my goal here.
    • Hub Notifications - A notification will hit the hub when a download finishes. It will also notify you when there is an upgrade available, however since the app is not headless, it has to be running to check for this. -- This is not functional in the .apk. It is a potential future release, but not urgent.
    • Upgrading - Every time the app is started, it searches for upgrades to each of the .apk's. I don't believe this app requires headless, otherwise it would notify you without needing to start the app. By having the ability to push upgrades remotely, it goes back to as little side loading of .bar files as possible. You can directly upgrade your Play Store or Lucky Patcher or all the others directly from within the app.
    • Options - The ability to turn off hub notifications. If there are any other requests for enabling/disabling please speak up, I'm very open to making changes that the general public wants to see! -- This is not functional in the .apk. It is a potential future release, but not urgent.
    • Installation - The ability to install the app directly after you've downloaded it is featured on each apk's page. No need to leave the app, search through folder directories, etc.. It's all right there.
    • Instructions - On each apk page, there is a white box with instructions.

FAQ:

• Upgrading - Despite potentially already having some of these apps installed on your device. SimplyDone only recognizes when the installation is done from within it. As a result, if you already have these installed and SimplyDone has a newer version, it will not notify you as it has no previous version to reference (due to the previous installation being done not from within). -- This is applicable to the APK version as well. The APK and BAR are viewed as separate apps. If you've installed everything with the BAR then the APK will not recognize they've been installed.
    • 5-10 Second Loading Period - When SimplyDone is first run, it performs a few query's checking for updated information and such on my server. As a result, depending on your service, when SimplyDone is started it will not instantly let you click any buttons to open any pages. They are "restricted" to not be allowed to open until the data transfer is done. If for whatever chance you do get in when the data transfer is not done, it will just show blank areas with no information.
    • Permissions - SimplyDone requests 2 permissions. These are Shared Folders and Device Identifying Information. It requires the shared files to be able to save the apk's when they're downloaded and then to search for them to prompt the installer which leads to Device Identifying Information. In order for me to invoke the android apk installer, SimplyDone needs to have access to Device Identifying Information. Otherwise, it will not allow the invoke, thus rendering the installing to be useless. --- With the .bar being public, it's available for anyone to scour through and use as night time reading for their pleasure. There is nothing hidden in there, nor is the code perfect. I just want to make this clear up front to ease the minds of some people who might be on the fence one way or another.
    • OS/Device Minimum - There is no device minimum. It should work on any device that can run OS 10.3. I have not tested it on OS 10.2 yet due to none of my devices having OS 10.2, but it should work just fine as I've seen no reason it shouldn't. I have tested this as far as design/layout/functionality on a BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Z30 & BlackBerry Passport. If anyone uses a different device, please let me know your results!
    • Installation - This is a .bar app. I needs to sideloaded first, following it is sustainable from within itself. You should only need to sideload this once. -- The APK will be the future supported app. I'll leave the BAR available as it will continue to work, but it will not gain any new functionality. To install the APK simply click the link above on your BlackBerry and follow the installation steps, like any other APK.

Please note, much of the instructions and the apks are provided/used from Cobalt232. I do not take credit for these. This all started when a family member wanted an easier way and I had been looking for an excuse to get back into the App Dev world. Hopefully it can be as much use to you as it has been to her.

Please critique, comment, hate/love, whatever. Just make sure you let me know! With no feedback, then I won't know what to improve upon and what not to.

Thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-cobalt_blackberry_id.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-google_login.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-google_login_being_downloaded.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-google_login_download_successful.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-google_login_upgrade.png  

SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-google_play_services.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-home.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-other_apks.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-other_apks_upgrade.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-patching_procedure.png  

SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-play_store.png   SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-play_store_downloader.png  
    Last edited by ShimmyShine; 06-18-15 at 11:48 AM.
    03-25-15 03:38 AM
    Hey that's grt, link to image seems broken.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-25-15 03:45 AM
    SimplyDone - Play Store Installation Assistant-img_20150325_164944.png

HI nice app

But it is a bar file you need to sideload first when you want to install

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-25-15 03:50 AM
    HI nice app

But it is a bar file you need to sideload first when you want to install

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    Correct, it does need to be sideloaded at first. After that you'll be able to download/install all of the apks from within it.

Hey that's grt, link to image seems broken.

Thanks
    The image link is a link to imgur. I'll update my OP to add in the screenshots so they're a part of the physical post.
    03-25-15 03:59 AM
    I've been debating installing the playstore. Maybe I'll give it a shot with this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    ShimmyShine likes this.
    03-25-15 06:17 AM
    What's the battery impact of running all the Google services?
    Does this mean I can then run Nokia Here?

BlackBerry Passport, UK
    03-25-15 11:17 AM
    What's the battery impact of running all the Google services?
    Does this mean I can then run Nokia Here?

BlackBerry Passport, UK
    I've noticed very little battery impact and I've run it on my Z30, Z10 and Passport. I'm not sure if it'll run Nokia Here, I haven't tested it with specific apps within the Play Store.
    anon(6098928) likes this.
    03-25-15 11:49 AM
    Yeah
    03-25-15 11:50 AM
    Link broken

And download sideload.it

No need for a PC

And for Sideloadit dev, please put it on your server if you read this! Thnx

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:21 PM
    Link broken

And download sideload.it

No need for a PC

And for Sideloadit dev, please put it on your server if you read this! Thnx

Posted via CB10
    Which link is broken? The Imgur or jefflhunt.net link?
    03-25-15 12:25 PM
    In the CB app when I press Jeff link opens empty browser, from the browser forums it works

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:48 PM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:59 PM
    Installed and everything works perfectly. I now have Google Play on my Classic and my few banking apps work really well. Thank you.
    ShimmyShine and anon(8908445) like this.
    03-25-15 02:57 PM
    Wait, can WebWorks get information about installed android apps now?
    03-25-15 03:11 PM
    Thanks everything works good, the only thing i can't login in my youtube account!

From Le BlackBerry Passport 
    03-25-15 04:16 PM
    The Jeff Hunt link doesn't seem to work.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:24 PM
    Open the thread in browser, than click the link again

From Le BlackBerry Passport 
    ShimmyShine likes this.
    03-25-15 04:28 PM
    Tried it all. I was not able to run Here Maps
    03-25-15 05:34 PM
    Wait, can WebWorks get information about installed android apps now?
    No I don't believe so. That's why I did it the way I did and it won't read the version numbers of previous installs. Only when an apk is installed through SimplyDone or updated can it keep track of version numbers.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:53 PM
    No I don't believe so. That's why I did it the way I did and it won't read the version numbers of previous installs. Only when an apk is installed through SimplyDone or updated can it keep track of version numbers.

Posted via CB10
    Ah makes sense. Thanks for the response
    ShimmyShine likes this.
    03-27-15 06:56 PM
    How do I get Google play via my phone I don't have a computer I need an easy step by step guy

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:04 AM
    Great Effort!

'Simplydone.apk', otherwise you didn't make things much easier.. imho

STA100-6 White
    03-31-15 02:34 AM
    Great Effort!

STA100-6 White
    You're not wrong. And it's been brought to my attention a few times. It's certainly next on my list to accomplish to make this easier for people.
    03-31-15 10:16 AM
    How do I get Google play via my phone I don't have a computer I need an easy step by step guy
    Great Effort!

I'm pretty please to let you guys know I've got this made in APK format. Refer to the first post in the thread for downloading instructions!

Thanks!
    04-21-15 12:56 AM
    Can someone test Olacabs app if it runs through. As of now it gives google play services error and empty map data.

Also will this get apps like quizup working?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 01:09 AM
52 123