Hi we have just tried to side load apps for the first time!! They where Google maps and Spotify - Google maps works perfectly and Spotify just forces close and does not work

Is this safe? Or should I now think about a anti virus software to to protect my device

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-25-13 09:34 AM
    Hi we have just tried to side load apps for the first time!! They where Google maps and Spotify - Google maps works perfectly and Spotify just forces close and does not work

Is this safe? Or should I now think about a anti virus software to to protect my device

Posted via CB10
    It's all safe.
    08-25-13 10:21 AM
    Never had a virus yet from any app side loaded or not.

I do have a virus scanner on my bb and it never finds anything.

I hope it is scanning good.

So i would say sideloading is fairly safe.

By the way if the app is crashing it means the app is not compatible with android 2.3 and will require OS 10.2 which has jellybean android player version 4.2 which spotfy will work with.

Also it could be the version of spotfy your using as not all versions will work with android player 2.3

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:21 AM
    Side loading is great for those that can do it. What about an app that you can put on BB10 handsets that does all the work? The system needs to be simplified for the average user and would make the use of apps more universal. I realize this app would need the blessing of BlackBerry but really, for most average or beginning users, side loading is a non starter. Anyway an "automatic" side loader app could be developed? Or is it just not possible?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:38 AM
    Try sideswype. It is an OTA side loading tool.
    Also many android apps require a debug token.... unless you have 10.2 and the latest leaked runtime
    Basic search will find all this info here. My suggestion is to read read read to learn all about what ever you plan on doing so you do not get stuck

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .0.13xx
    08-25-13 10:54 AM