Hello Crackberry addicts,

I am trying to set up facebook messenger contact calling on my mother's Z10.

I talked her into the Z10 and our family into BBM (ios& android currently with windows coming soon).

Some of her acquaintances don't have bbm and aren't tech literate enough to install and learn another app but already use native facebook messenger.

So I feel an obligation to find a way for her to be able to call her contacts through a facebook messenger on her Z10.

I've tried the following 3 things:

1: I searched the amazon app store found nothing,
    2: Tried the apk downloader web app and was unable to intall app
    3: I sideloaded snap on her Z10 and installed messenger tried making and receiving calls and wasn't ever able to connect the calls. Using ios & android to and from several accounts using wifi & cellular data to no avail.

I've looked into the De Nemory messenger & lite version of his app
    & found no such mention of the calling feature in the paid or free app.
    Can anyone confirm the absence or presence of the calling feature? or share what stage of development the app is?

Does anyone know or think they know a possible solution to get the facebook messenger calling contacts on a Z10?

I'd prefer everyone get Blackberry10 devices and use the native BBM but the opportunity cost...
    06-24-14 08:27 PM
    I think this is going to HAVE to be some sort of sideload, and you might need a 3rd party facebook messenger app. If the "official" one does not work, perhaps one of the others will work as a sideload. Hopefully someone else has tried so you won't have to spend a ton of money trying them to find out.

I also moved your thread to the BB10 Android App Sideloading sub forum. It was getting buried and lost in Ask a Question, which is basically for non registered guests anyways. NOT that you could not use it. Just a better fit here.
    crackberryspqr likes this.
    06-27-14 11:03 AM
    Try the fb android version and choose message choose call my friend said he can call using the app

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 11:07 AM