https://forums.king.com/en/forum/can...ice=smartphone

If you want Candy Crush on BlackBerry 10 or other big names apps and games, let's take it to their communities. Sending emails, calling their headquarters, and Tweeting them are all good ideas, but we should also make our requests in a more public manner. By posting on forums like the one above for Candy Crush, we will make it known to their current customers that this company is ignoring some potential customers out there, some of which could be friends/family of the current customers. Also, if we show people that working versions of these apps/games are out there, maybe people who want a BlackBerry but must have these apps will be willing to leave iOS and Android.

The more public we make our requests, the more pressure these companies will feel, especially when the public sees how easy it is to port an Android version!

P.S. To those that are against Android ports, the new Android player performs so nicely that many of these ports perform as smooth as Native apps. They are much much better than on 10.1!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:19 PM
    Not that I wouldn't like to see it there but please take the time to look at it in a dev perspective as well.

How does Candy Crush Saga make money on BB10? How do they work their in app purchases?

Telling them the game works 'flawlessly' is a lie. You're only giving them the bare minimum of information.
    http://developer.blackberry.com/andr...s_support.html
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-26-13 04:23 PM
    When it is sideloaded, they make nothing. However, if they ported it themselves, they could use BlackBerry World for in-app purchases.

Am I correct that Android apps can use in-app purchases if reworked? Or does that API not exist yet for Android apps in BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:26 PM
    Not that I wouldn't like to see it there but please take the time to look at it in a dev perspective as well.

How does Candy Crush Saga make money on BB10? How do they work their in app purchases?

Telling them the game works 'flawlessly' is a lie. You're only giving them the bare minimum of information.
    http://developer.blackberry.com/andr...s_support.html
    I guess "flawlessly" isn't the right word. However, in the case of Candy Crush, everything but the in-app purchases works perfectly from my experience. However, they are missing out from in-app purchases because people like me don't even have the opportunity to give our money. With the game already performing as smoothly as the Android and iOS counterparts, it seems foolish for them to not put in the minimal effort (compared to how much it takes to start from scratch) to get this on another platform, especially considering some people on that platform are already using it without any way of spending money...

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:39 PM
    I guess "flawlessly" isn't the right word. However, in the case of Candy Crush, everything but the in-app purchases works perfectly from my experience. However, they are missing out from in-app purchases because people like me don't even have the opportunity to give our money. With the game already performing as smoothly as the Android and iOS counterparts, it seems foolish for them to not put in the minimal effort (compared to how much it takes to start from scratch) to get this on another platform, especially considering some people on that platform are already using it without any way of spending money...

Posted via CB10
    You could tell the developer that the game works fine, but you could not buy in-game add ons unless they make an official port of the game which supports payment options on BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:21 PM