Anyone have the apk for this or know where to get it. Not available in APKTrain or Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:24 AM
    It's in the Google Play Store, so use Snap.
    04-26-14 09:46 AM
    Don't feel like doing the whole setup for something I probably won't use again.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 12:38 PM
    Got it off 1Mobile Market which has an app for easy downloading.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:42 PM
    Thanks me!

Your welcome!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:52 PM
    Unfortunately won't work. Needs Google Services to locate your position. Anyone have a recommendation for a similar app? I am looking for something that will alarm to wake me up at night.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 07:44 AM
    The phone has WEA built in, see if your carrier is properly supporting it:
    NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - Protecting Lives & Property
    Wireless Emergency Alerts

In conjunction, I use BeWeather.
    Last year the WEA system on my phone let me know of a flash flood warning for the area I was at, a cabin I was staying at in the NC highlands about 10 minutes before it hit, and got the alerts through BeWeather a few seconds after the WEA alert. I then tracked the storm and knew which side of the mountain is was coming off of so was able to relocate to safety.
    04-27-14 06:33 PM
    Looks like Verizon doesn't support the Q10. I do have those options on my phone. They have always been on but I haven't gotten any notifications through them.

I am looking for something that alarms. Another post has a patch method for Android apps that require Google services. I have gone that route but am not sure if I will get push notifications or notifications through the Red Cross app yet.

Posted via CB10

Correction. WEA is supported on Q10 by Verizon. Still, I have never gotten weather alerts through it.
    04-27-14 07:37 PM
    The alert in BeWeather is customizable, you can assign any sound you want to it, however it is restricted by the global notification settings.
    As in, if you have the phone on mute, the alert would also be muted.
    I believe WEA over rides notification settings.

The only thing I can think of, as to why your Q10 didn't get a WEA alert, would be the event didn't fit under the requirements for the system as it must be an imminent threat.
    If your have a tornado watch, that means that while the conditions are favorable a tornado has not been spotted, so while your NOAA weather radio may alert, the WEA system most likely wont. If a tornado is spotted and your location is in its area or future area of effect, you should get a WEA assuming your phone has a tower lock and signal.
    In my flash flood case, it was an event in process as the water was already over the banks and rushing down the mountain.

EDIT: Fixed typos
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 04-28-14 at 12:04 PM.
    04-28-14 04:59 AM
    The alert in BeWeather is customizable, you can assign any sound you want to it, however it is restricted by the global notification settings.
    As in, if you have the phone on mute, the alert would also be muted.
    I believe WAE over rides notification settings.

The only thing I can think of, as to why your Q10 didn't get a WAE alert, would be the event didn't fit under the requirements for the system as it must be an imminent threat.
    If your have a tornado watch, that means that while the conditions are favorable a tornado has not been spotted, so while your NOAA weather radio may alert, the WAE system most likely wont. If a tornado is spotted and your location is in its area or future area of effect, you should get a WAE assuming your phone has a tower lock and signal.
    In my flash flood case, it was an event in process as the water was already over the banks and rushing down the mountain.
    I have already been through several tornado warnings and had to take shelter without a WEA notification. I get warnings and watches pushed from weather apps, but they are just non-customizable text messages. Was hopong for something while I sleep that is loud. Weather radio has too many notifications.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:47 AM
    I have already been through several tornado warnings and had to take shelter without a WEA notification. I get warnings and watches pushed from weather apps, but they are just non-customizable text messages. Was hopong for something while I sleep that is loud. Weather radio has too many notifications.

Posted via CB10

OK, you should get what you are looking for via BeWeather then.
    Within it's Advisory Notification Filter, you can turn off alerts you don't wish to be notified of or are not applicable for your area. If you wish, all off except Tornado.
    Then assign the Alert to a loud ringtone or other audio file of your choosing.

As for the not getting the WEAs, I would contact Verizon to find out why there was no alert or what the issue is causing you to not get them.
    As far as I know, they were required to be in service on 4/7/2012.

I too have a home weather alert radio and can tweak it to shut off alert for certain categories.
    Midland All-Hazard SAME Weather Alert Radio : Phones & Radio Communications | RadioShack.com
    See if yours has the ability to filter out certain types of alerts, you may be able to tweak it down to a tornado only box.
    04-28-14 12:12 PM
    Unfortunately won't work. Needs Google Services to locate your position. Anyone have a recommendation for a similar app? I am looking for something that will alarm to wake me up at night.

Posted via CB10
    Patch it with Cobalt"s app "GMaps Patcher". App works great on many, but not all situations such as this. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    04-28-14 01:18 PM
    Patch it with Cobalt"s app "GMaps Patcher". App works great on many, but not all situations such as this. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    Already did. Will find out in a few hours if works. Storms heading my way.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 01:50 PM
    OK, you should get what you are looking for via BeWeather then.
    Within it's Advisory Notification Filter, you can turn off alerts you don't wish to be notified of or are not applicable for your area. If you wish, all off except Tornado.
    Then assign the Alert to a loud ringtone or other audio file of your choosing.

As for the not getting the WEAs, I would contact Verizon to find out why there was no alert or what the issue is causing you to not get them.
    As far as I know, they were required to be in service on 4/7/2012.

I too have a home weather alert radio and can tweak it to shut off alert for certain categories.
    Midland All-Hazard SAME Weather Alert Radio : Phones & Radio Communications | RadioShack.com
    See if yours has the ability to filter out certain types of alerts, you may be able to tweak it down to a tornado only box.
    Thanks for the info. We have gone through two Midland radios. In both cases, they stopped working out of the blue in less than a year. I decided to try another brand, Eton. Plus, it was the only kind our Best Buy had.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:33 PM
    I emailed the Red Cross. They said no plans to develop apps for BlackBerry because it is too expensive and their are too many types of BlackBerry phones. Hopefully the patched app works. Luckily, tornados went around us.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:49 AM