I think i might know the answer, but I am going to ask anyway -

My girlfriend is considering switching form her iPhone to a Q10. The main issue she is concerned with is one app she needs for work, called Jobulator. She is a substitute teacher, and the app notifies her of available jobs. I am running it under 10.2.1 on my Q10, and the app seems to work okay, but the square screen is causing some annoying but workable issues. My real question is as follows: The app works the notification system (chime, hub) perfectly well when the app is open. What I'm wondering is what happens when the app is "minimized", or when it is closed. Can an Android app pass notifications to the hub when it is closed?
    03-07-14 12:01 PM
    Generally, no. Android apps without modification cannot pass notifications. The modification would have to come by way of the developer specifically adjusting it for BlackBerry.
    03-07-14 12:30 PM
    Generally, no. Android apps without modification cannot pass notifications. The modification would have to come by way of the developer specifically adjusting it for BlackBerry.
    Exactly. OP: This means Android apps from BBW have working notifications, but ones from third party Android app stores will not.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 04:52 AM