I noticed something odd today. I was downloading Cardio Trainer on my Z10 from the Amazon appstore. On Android, Cardio Trainer is created by Noom and has the Top Developer distinction.

On Amazon, it says it's by WorkSmart Labs.

OK, that's weird but whatever. I hit install. On the next page, under Cardio Trainer it says Saeju Jeong.

Who is that?? I tried this with some other apps and I got the same thing. It'll have an official developer/company on the first page, and then on the second page after I hit install it'll have someone's name or in the case of Fly Delta, it says delta_com_android underneath the app name.

I'd just like to get some clarification on this. Being on Android for so long has made me cautious of where I download my apps from. I've RARELY downloaded anything that didn't have the Top Developer or Editor's Choice distinctions from the Play Store. The only exceptions I make are smaller but official apps like my local news station's app.

Thanks!
    07-06-14 05:02 PM
    I did a little Google search and it turns out that Saeju Jeong is the CEO of Noom, so you're probably OK. But it's a good question, I've seen that on a few other apps as well...I'm guessing it depends on what name they choose to put down when submitting the app?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-06-14 08:49 PM
    Cardio Trainer = WorkSmart Cardio Trainer = By WorkSmart Labs = Noom Inc. = Noom owns WorkSmart.

Saeju Jeong is the CEO of Noom Inc. and if I'm not mistaken, the developer of Cardio Trainer. That information shouldn't be shown to the general public (the names / description that BB10 Android installer shows), or so it wasn't intended to do so in terms of installing Android apps, as it just shows who signed the app.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-06-14 08:52 PM
    Makes perfect sense!! Thanks guys!
    07-07-14 12:14 AM
    Fyi : reason why you see that discrepancy is because the android apk install screen refers to the name on the signing certificate (most often a developer's name) whereas google play listing usually refers to a company / marketing name.
    07-08-14 10:54 PM