Is it possible that excessive installing android apps and sideloading apps will destroy my device. It become heated up? Even I removed all my apps. Even BlackBerry apps are removed especially skype. So the question is should I install back my snap and put onenote, vnc, vuze, spotify, videodownload?

Posted via My Seay and Bold Passport CB10
    12-25-14 08:08 AM
    Is it possible that excessive installing android apps and sideloading apps will destroy my device
    No.. but overloading it with a bunch of apps can cause it to run slower. You shouldn't just load crap on it to load crap on it. Install what you plan on using. As for the heating up, well Android apps are known to make the device work a bit harder so of course it's going to heat up. Chances of it reaching dangerous levels is not exactly high though.
    12-25-14 08:20 AM
    Not infect but slow down maybe. I use an Android app called TaskManager to close running Android Apps. I would suggest if you don't use the app often then don't keep it.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:22 AM
    No.. but overloading it with a bunch of apps can cause it to run slower. You shouldn't just load crap on it to load crap on it.
    Thanks blaze! In one week time I'll install snap and my 'need' android apps only. Start slow...

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    12-25-14 08:22 AM
    12-25-14 08:26 AM
    No.. but overloading it with a bunch of apps can cause it to run slower. You shouldn't just load crap on it to load crap on it. Install what you plan on using. As for the heating up, well Android apps are known to make the device work a bit harder so of course it's going to heat up. Chances of it reaching dangerous levels is not exactly high though.
    By the way, blaze, when the device was heating up, I removed all android apps even my BlackBerry apps and couple of reset the Passport device. But still my device was still heating up all day long. Is there an app that can see services? Our device monitor can see running apps only. But I think there an hidden process or service inside the system% like in our windows os

12-25-14 08:39 AM
    Not infect but slow down maybe. I use an Android app called TaskManager to close running Android Apps. I would suggest if you don't use the app often then don't keep it.

Posted via CB10
    Nice idea man! I'll try next time... it is very uncomfortable when your phone is heating up. Even in pocket thigh and especially when calling 'heat in ear'

12-25-14 08:42 AM
    Overloading android apps will in fact drain your battery.

Posted via CB10
    engrbugs likes this.
    12-29-14 02:19 AM
    Overloading android apps will in fact drain your battery.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah man! I'll stop adding my android apps. I have 10 androids apps I think. It's essential one. Kylie

12-29-14 08:34 AM
    By the way, blaze, when the device was heating up, I removed all android apps even my BlackBerry apps and couple of reset the Passport device. But still my device was still heating up all day long. Is there an app that can see services? Our device monitor can see running apps only. But I think there an hidden process or service inside the system% like in our windows os

You should soft reset your phone and/ or install a android app manager to see if all apps are closed properly. Just deleting the apps will still heat up your phone, which is weird but true.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    12-29-14 08:51 AM
    You should soft reset your phone and/ or install a android app manager to see if all apps are closed properly. Just deleting the apps will still heat up your phone, which is weird but true.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    I cannot even see them in android task manager. I upgraded my os to 1154 and limiting my android apps. Now, it is everything fine. Hoping it will going well in the future.

12-29-14 06:58 PM
    Just like android a task killer will shut down an app but it may start right back up. I found one in the app world that worked but a few apps started right back up.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 10:56 PM
    I saw where we can limit BlackBerry apps running in the background check that too. I shut down a couple that I didn't need running and it helps with my battery on my Z30, Z10 is in the closet for now or till AT&T stops playing games.

04-29-15 12:08 PM
    What OS version are you on? 10.3.2.500 is known to heat up rather excessively, for instance.
    06-06-15 09:23 AM
    Make sure to manually adjust permissions to disable the app from running when minimized. This did worlds of wonder for me regarding performance and battery life on the classic 10.3.2.798.
    06-16-15 08:17 PM