Good afternoon, fellow crackberrians I just finished loading the leaked O.S. 10.2.1.2102 on my Verizon z10 and the following apps. Ghost commander,Snap, 1mobile market and apk permissions remover. i'm trying to use apk permissions remover to remove certain permissions to android apps. i've read through the forums but i can't same to find a solution on how to remove certain permissions to android apps. Is there a simple step by step tutorial on how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.
    Last edited by curiouslow; 02-16-14 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo
    02-15-14 02:26 PM
    You want to give permissions? Most of the time the question is how to remove them. Are you getting an error or a problem with installing a file?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:54 PM
    To help with a few common issues, follow these tips:

Snap
    1. In the BlackBerry OS make sure you go to Seetings, App Manager, Installing Apps, and make sure Allow Apps from Other Sources is on

APK Permissions Remover
    1. Open Ghost Commander, Applications, Launch Settings, Security, check the box Unknown Sources.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:12 PM
    ok i have it all setup, does anyone have an idea which permissions i can remove?
    02-15-14 09:20 PM
    Trial and error. The app either will work or it won't. If it doesn't you try again. Go at it aggressively. Remove everything that you feel uneasy about

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:39 PM
    To help with a few common issues, follow these tips: Snap 1. In the BlackBerry OS make sure you go to Seetings, App Manager, Installing Apps, and make sure Allow Apps from Other Sources is on APK Permissions Remover 1. Open Ghost Commander, Applications, Launch Settings, Security, check the box Unknown Sources. Posted via CB10
    Hi Nappp,

I've installed both (BB Ghost Commander - BlackBerry edition | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net and Android Ghost Commander - Browse Files at SourceForge.net) latest versions of Ghost Commander one at a time but I can't find the Launch Settings.

I'm trying Ghost Commander to try to make Auto SMS (Autoresponder) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...esponder&hl=en) work.

So far no luck, any suggestions?

Thanks.
    02-15-14 10:10 PM
    Hi red. First, I want to say that an app like that might not work. I am not positive that an android app has access to the sms messages of our BlackBerry. However I have not used that app so feel free to try.

What I was talking about is this:
    1. Start Ghost Commander. Use the android app you got as they are the same so use the most updated version.
    2. From the home page, scroll down until you see Applications. Tap on that.
    3. Scroll down until you see Settings. Long press Settings until a menu comes up. You will see Launch Settings.

* unless you are installing an app from apk permissions remover I do not see a reason to be in this setting. I personally would advise loading the apk regularly and if it doesn't work, either Google the error message you get or post a question to see if there is a solution. I have never used a third party sms app so I can't think of anything I can say to help make one work better.

Good luck and post your results! It's always good to discover a new that works or know that one does not

Posted via CB10
    redchilli88 likes this.
    02-15-14 10:23 PM
    Hi red. First, I want to say that an app like that might not work. I am not positive that an android app has access to the sms messages of our BlackBerry. However I have not used that app so feel free to try.

What I was talking about is this:
    1. Start Ghost Commander. Use the android app you got as they are the same so use the most updated version.
    2. From the home page, scroll down until you see Applications. Tap on that.
    3. Scroll down until you see Settings. Long press Settings until a menu comes up. You will see Launch Settings.

* unless you are installing an app from apk permissions remover I do not see a reason to be in this setting. I personally would advise loading the apk regularly and if it doesn't work, either Google the error message you get or post a question to see if there is a solution. I have never used a third party sms app so I can't think of anything I can say to help make one work better.

Good luck and post your results! It's always good to discover a new that works or know that one does not

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Got to check the box Unknown Sources!

Rebooted but Auto SMS (Autoresponder) still not working.

I've googled but so far nothing, I'll continue.

I did write to a developer who is going to look into it on his return from holiday.

Thanks again for your time nappp.
    nappp likes this.
    02-15-14 10:46 PM
    You're welcome!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:02 PM
    update, i was able to install instagram by removing full network access and read phone state. Also if you open the apk permissions remover program, on the screen there is a little help tab that you can select. Thank you so much for your help nappp.
    nappp likes this.
    02-16-14 09:49 AM