Hello,

I recently upgraded my Z30 to the latest 10.2.1.1925 and have to say, it is very cool and makes an already great phone that much better; anyway the reason for my very first post even though I've been an avid reader since 2007/8.

I downloaded the Pioneer Controlapp APK's from Good E Reader from the below link and it installed the APKs with such ease that I almost fell off the proverbial chair. I loaded the ip address for my Pioneer A3 speaker and everything was going great. Then it had to download a control file for that product.... After that the App went to a black screen and doesn't work.. Uninstalled reinstalled etc. but it was still no good.

Pioneer ControlApp for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps

What I'm hoping, is there is a clever chap or lady that could advise a cheeky way round this challenge as it feels so close with only one more hurdle to overcome..

Oh and while I'm making requests, just before writing this post I discovered the radio function on the Z30, does anyone know of a 3.5m jack radio antennae that I could plug in to my Z30 so I can still use my Bluetooth headset and listen to the radio... absolutely no research at all done by me, just asking.

Ian
    12-28-13 06:25 PM
    Welcome to CB, and I hope you're enjoying your Z30.

Seems like you've installed an ancient version of the Pioneer Control app. Here's the current version. Hope this helps.

https://mega.co.nz/#!t8VESTZK!UdiyYE...aUt1prA_MSNoqk

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:08 PM
    Hello and thank you,

I regret to say that after inputting the IP and the app confirming the speaker the app just shut down, so unless there is something I may have missed, I think this might be in the 'doesn't work pile'.. Its just a shame as I wanted to buy another speaker and control them and the internet radio/Pandora through the app like it suggests you can on iphone and android.

I can use the wife's Samsung Tablet, it just I would rather use my BlackBerry Z30/Playbook opposed to a bigger tablet for such a simple (I think) app. Fingers crossed someone has cracked this problem and will share a simple(ish) solution.

Thanks again for the reply it really is appreciated.

Ian
    12-28-13 08:18 PM
    Hello,

My Z10 is doing the same with Pioneer Control app.

Whichever version is installed, it is working fine till i connect to my AV Receiver,
    - demo mode, and offline mode run without problem.
    - Connected to AVR the app closes automatically,
    - once i try to reopen it wants to connect automatically, but closes again when connected.

Thank you for any reply!
    Gera
    04-05-14 06:45 AM
    Just passing by, noticed no one answered your question regarding listening to radio over bluetooth headset. The answer to if you need a special cord is yes, and you already have one! All you need is any cord that plugs into your headphone jack. Once you have your radio going on your z30, tap the three little dots to open the overflow menu. Notice the tab near the bottom that says audio? Tap that. It should give you a couple options as to where to route the sound, including any bluetooth headset you have connected! Enjoy
    04-06-14 05:53 AM
    Seeing as I'm now in this thread, I now have a question for YOU. Do you like those speakers? Can you send music from the z30 to it via the 'play on' feature in the music player? ?
    04-06-14 06:00 AM
    wondering if somebody found a solution to this. i spent 6 hours trying all the iControlav(X) soft and also the controlapp, but no luck. I'm trying to get my Z10 connected to the pioneer VSX 823....
    the closes that i was is with the version 5 of the iContolav5. in this case, the app recognized the device, but i cannot return to the main page...
    any help will be appreciated.
    08-16-14 04:38 AM
    Any update on this? I've tried to sideload iControlav5 and as soon as I select the AV Receiver the program closes.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:41 AM