Anyone here use the Pebblebee bluetooth locater device? I asked emailed them and they say no plans for it. They say that the bluetooth on BlackBerry doesn't support it, (older berries).

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    06-16-15 04:24 PM
    From their website:

Compatibility: Android 4.4+ (Bluetooth 4.0 equipped devices), iPhone 4S or newer, iPad3, and iPad Mini
    BB10 Android Runtime is currently based on Android 4.3, but it might still work anyway. Just download the Android app onto your BB10 and try it. Obviously you'd need their hardware first, but maybe you could try it out in a store first, if they're sold at retail. (I think the website said Target.)

You could also reply to them and educate them a bit if you felt like it. Explain to them that the new BB10 devices use Bluetooth 4.0 and also are capable of running Android apps in addition to native BB10 apps.
    06-16-15 04:42 PM
    Did that. I just feel like I'm beating a dead horse sometimes. I got a Z10 soon to be 3 years old and they said in their email to me that BlackBerry's bluetooth isn't compatible. I hate when they lie. They should just say the truth, which is we just don't want to support BlackBerry. Well I'm returning their stuff. I'm not supporting them either.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    06-16-15 04:53 PM
    I picked a few up. The app doesn't work as it claims it needs Google Play Services to function. I can see it loaded my 'honey', but won't actually connect to them.
    08-07-15 01:11 PM
    Well, I have some good news. When looking around, I found a BB blog talking about tracking ble devices.
    Bluetooth Low Energy on BlackBerry 10 ? Cadence and Cascades | BlackBerry Developer Blog

There is a sample app that can at least trigger the PebbleBee to play a sound!
    https://github.com/blackberry/Cascad...-1_0_1_445.bar

No way to get a range indicator, or label the devices to know which tag is which, but better than nothing.

Edit: if you pair the tag to your phone, you can then edit the Tag name in Bluetooth settings. So then in the app, you can see which tag is which
    08-07-15 01:31 PM
    I picked a few up. The app doesn't work as it claims it needs Google Play Services to function. I can see it loaded my 'honey', but won't actually connect to them.
    For the missing Play Services there is a solution available:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Read post 1 for instructions and follow relevant links; pay specific attention to topic "patching".

It is not guaranteed that the patched app will work at the end, but this is your best chance.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:34 PM