I am scratching my head. Only some Android Apps see the SD card while others which support saving data to SD card don't.

All BlackBerry native apps such as the camera see the card and work fine. Spotify (from Amazon) sees the SD and works fine. However, neither Maps.me or Navigator (both from Amazon) see the card. Both have the check box to move map data to SD Card greyed out with message no external SD Card found.

Any suggestions?

All Android apps were downloaded from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:16 AM
    From what you're explaining, it seems to be app limitations
    I don't know what else you could do apart from tell the dev?
    06-13-15 05:57 PM
    I believe that the issue is that Android apps use expanded internal memory, separate from the system memory, which is called sdcard. The external SDCARD used in BlackBerry devices is called external_sd by the android devs/apps. So this may be an issue with these apps being used through the android runtime. So when you're moving an app to the sdcard in Android, you're actually moving it to a different section of the internal memory, which is all one thing in BlackBerry devices.

I think.

I'm not a dev, nor do I have much experience with Android OS/file system.

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    06-13-15 06:05 PM