UPDATE for 11/15/2013: Those of you who are willing to install leaks/betas/runtimes... please consider installing 10.2.1.1055. there are buttloads of new features along with a 4.2.2 jellybean runtime that will ONLY work for 10.2.1.1055+ so far. Android APK can now be installed directly from device without converting.

Here is the link for the thread with all links to all devices:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/

here is some of the features found if you want to take a look: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...so-far-872682/

here is a semi complete list of changes:
    - runtime unlocked
    - apk files install directly on device without apk to bar conversion or debug token
    - Customizable quick settings
    - group contacts
    - Quick speed dial on Q10
    - Music UI changes
    - Call dialer changes
    - BBM - vibrate on ping, new emoticons
    - white balance adjuster
    - picture lock password
    - IBM notes traveler in accounts settings
    - full device monitor
    - new charge icon
    - custom contact notifications
    - wolfram alpha commands
    - battery percentage in peak
    - hub pinch gesture works
    Instagram video upload works, BlackBerry 10 keyboard works without mods

I will leave the rest of the post up for whoever but you wont be disappointed with the new OS leak.
    I will also note that after you've installed, if you get mobile data issues or wifi connection issues, you gotta reload the OS. On my second install everything worked perfectly.
    UPDATE for 10/13/2013: Today's leak 10.2.1.641 has a SLIGHTLY updated UNLOCKED runtime (from 10.2.1.9 to 10.2.1.13)
    the link to it is here: https://mega.co.nz/#!35xzDIxZ!flJ1ox...eNLHV5ej1e1YbY

I haven't had the time to install or test this newer version yet but so far it seems the people who are getting runtime crashes where the blue loading bar appears frequently no longer has that happen after the first load on boot. HOWEVER, based on READING THE THREAD, some people are still having the same network/connection issues as this one so hard to say how much better it is. Below is tested one.

Unlocked means:
    > no need to deal with debug token and such anymore!! (If you had it installed, please remove before installing this one)
    > no more bar at the bottom!! (its optional. it can choose to hide or show by swiping down from the top bezel)

NOTE: This is on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1767. 10.1 users i have no idea what will happen if you use this.

so far, all my android sideloads have worked (you can convert them here PlayBook .apk to .bar converter)
    if links dont work, try here APK to Bar Online Converter
    instagram (new 4.2.1; keyboard now works btw!)
    candy crush (this is the newest version. 1.18.0)
    pandora,
    redwood credit union,
    paypal,
    songza,
    line,
    flipboard,
    ebay (from blackberry world),
    skype (from blackberry world),
    plants vs zombies 2,
    line (wifi calling works, just received a call from vietnam to cali. without app on, i got a ring and call was good),
    yelp,
    bejeweled blitz,
    google maps,
    waze
    Discover ,
    AmEx
    MyFitnessPal,
    (scroll down as i've posted plenty of screenshots)

How to sideload (with pictures): How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com
    i personally use this: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/ (no need to even deal with development mode [BIG THANKS to @xsacha]
    it is perfectly ok to install over previous runtime.
    ******** just want to make sure you reboot after installation (hold vol+ and vol- for about 20 seconds until phone reboots)

and you MIGHT want to uninstall/reinstall current droid apps? i didnt and they worked so it might not be necessary but if theres trouble, you could start with that

NOTE: those of you with network connection issues, it seems to just need a hard reboot and some time to settle before sideloaded apps work. test it out! let people know what else works!

apps i've tried personally that dont work/crashes so far: starbucks; BoA; KAT; netflix
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 11-15-13 at 10:55 AM. Reason: recommendation to 10.2.1.1055
    10-08-13 09:32 PM
    It would be great if you can explain us about what's new from performance wise, app compatibility, hardware support and if we can use the native share menu for ported apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:35 PM
    thanks for sharing this, now for us , Q users got a best phone ever,apps are no longer a big issues
    10-08-13 09:36 PM
    It would be great if you can explain us about what's new from performance wise, app compatibility, hardware support and if we can use the native share menu for ported apps.

Posted via CB10
    Android runtime 4.2.2 jelly bean run flawsselly on BB10, unlocked one open more options to side load android apk, apps for those crying for them are no longer a big problem
    10-08-13 09:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    i've only installed this for about 15 minutes as the leak was only released to the public about an hour ago. see here

so far, i have not noticed any performance hits. the previous runtime i was using was the 10.2.0.1767 one and between that and this, the only difference so far is that its unlocked. there feels like a better smoothness overall but its hard to quantify. I will certainly post more if i find out more.

as for using the native sharing menu, you'll have to give me an example. none of the apps i use seem to need that?
    10-08-13 09:41 PM
    Thanks for reply.

I am also on previously leaked unlocked run time so just trying to figure out the differences.

And for sharing menu, for example I have economic times as android port app from where I like to share articles etc to my various social accounts, BBM etc which currently we can't do.

Similarly, we can't post pics etc from the phone or other app to android ported app like Instagram.

I have a lot of such apps which have content to share or vice versa but can't use the native share menu to do that.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:47 PM
    Can someone explain to me how to install this please. Does your Z10 or Q10 need to be unlocked ? What OS do you have to have for this to work ? Any other specs are required?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:48 PM
    Can someone explain to me how to install this please. Does your Z10 or Q10 need to be unlocked ? What OS do you have to have for this to work ? Any other specs are required?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    this is fairly easy to install. you can start with directions from this blog post How to sideload Android applications to the BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    your device does not need to be "unlocked" but most of those methods will require you to enable development mode. settings>security>development mode>on

once thats on, from the zip file, you will need to install both bar files (they are named blahblahblah.bar) onto your device.
    after that, press and hold both volume up and volume down rockers on the device until the phone reboots.
    once its loaded up, you can proceed to sideload converted android apps without the debug token.

in app> swipe down from top to hide the bar at the bottom. to bring it back, swipe down again from top to unhide bar.
    10-08-13 09:56 PM
    this is fairly easy to install. you can start with directions from this blog post How to sideload Android applications to the BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    your device does not need to be "unlocked" but most of those methods will require you to enable development mode. settings>security>development mode>on

once thats on, from the zip file, you will need to install both bar files (they are named blahblahblah.bar) onto your device.
    after that, press and hold both volume up and volume down rockers on the device until the phone reboots.
    once its loaded up, you can proceed to sideload converted android apps without the debug token.

in app> swipe down from top to hide the bar at the bottom. to bring it back, swipe down again from top to unhide bar.
    OK, dumb question, how do I install the bar files?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:00 PM

You forgot to said you have to on 10.2 if u on 10.1 it will broken ur runtime

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sideload to your phone

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    in the OP right above the screen shot i said my os version. im sorry its missable. i'll make it bigger
    10-08-13 10:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ah, that's what I thought. I'm on 10.1 for now. I will have to wait till 10.2 is released.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    here is a step by step with pictures: How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com
    10-08-13 10:05 PM
    Smooth!

Thanks

STL100-1
    Last edited by jagungturbo; 10-08-13 at 10:50 PM.
    10-08-13 10:06 PM
    is it work for STL100-1 ?
    yes it should.
    10-08-13 10:07 PM
    Ah, that's what I thought. I'm on 10.1 for now. I will have to wait till 10.2 is released.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Or you could just install a leak

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-08-13 10:21 PM
    just wanted to put it out there:
    NEW UNLOCKED runtime from the 10.2.1.575 leak!-img_00000368.pngNEW UNLOCKED runtime from the 10.2.1.575 leak!-img_00000370.pngNEW UNLOCKED runtime from the 10.2.1.575 leak!-img_00000372.png

with the help of this thread and the already converted bar here, as you can see on my Q10, this game works. i played through level 1 to try it.

note: this is mainly for the Z10 and Z30 since on the q10, the accuracy is a little off. you have to touch a tiny bit above the point where you actually want to hit. its annoying and is a dealbreaker for the q10 but on candybar devices, i imagine it works great.
    10-08-13 10:55 PM
    Google Maps 7.0 stopped working with this new unlocked runtime. It keeps saying that there is no internet connection.
    Anyone have a working build?
    xales likes this.
    10-08-13 11:02 PM
    Google Maps 7.0 stopped working with this new unlocked runtime. It keeps saying that there is no internet connection.
    Anyone have a working build?
    my flipboard was doing this and my gmaps seems to be working fine. perhaps try uninstall/reinstalling? or another hard reset? when the no network thing happened to my flipboard, i exited the app, waited a few minutes, and started it up again it worked. im guessing it needs settling time
    10-08-13 11:04 PM
    Gonna see if it works with 10.2.0.1761
    10-08-13 11:15 PM
    guess what.....

Attachment 209225
    bejeweled blitz works! ugly on Q devices but should be awesome on Z devices

lastly:
    Attachment 209226Attachment 209227
    yay for yelp solution!
    drinka4yearz and Pfize183 like this.
    10-08-13 11:28 PM
    Android runtime 4.2.2 jelly bean run flawsselly on BB10, unlocked one open more options to side load android apk, apps for those crying for them are no longer a big problem
    How is the Viber and maybe... Instagram? What versions are the most stable for Callings (Viber), thnx.
    Is the Facebook sideloaded from Android better than the Native?
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    10-08-13 11:32 PM
    tried using this off wifi. It DOES NOT work. Did hard reset, uninstall/reinstall apps. all same. it says no network on cellular
    10-08-13 11:47 PM
    Yes it appears a known issue with this runtime need wifi to open the apps

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:49 PM
320 123 ...