Hmmmm interesting...
    01-10-14 06:36 PM
    Play services still won't function properly no matter how many times it's updated because of the stub where the Google services framework should be. Those apps are going to need you to install gsf, which at this point on the current leak is impossible without rooting the device, which unfortunately is also impossible as of right now. The apps that are working now because of the modified google play services we installed are a small few that can operate without the gsf.

I'm only able to log into:
    -Gmail
    -Maps
    -Play Music
    -Google Earth

And google goggles also works

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Azrae49; 01-10-14 at 07:36 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-10-14 06:45 PM
    Got my hopes up OP. One of the files installs and runs but still has no option for Google account sign in. Cannot wait for the day that my Z30 has Google Now!
    MERCDROID likes this.
    01-10-14 06:51 PM
    I'm surprised Groupon needs Google Play Services. What is so special about it?

Posted via CB10
    clezdiva likes this.
    01-11-14 01:02 AM
    I'm surprised Groupon needs Google Play Services. What is so special about it?

Posted via CB10
    Just some background information: Google Play Services provide Google Maps API v2 support.
    Therefore it must be installed if an app uses location based services based on Google Maps API v2.

My guess is, that Groupon uses such location features

To patch Google Play dependent apps you may want to try the automated APK patcher. Get it here!

Note: A prepatched and tested version of Google Play is included in the script folder.
    SlcCorrado and damien kupuku like this.
    01-11-14 09:34 AM
    im a little unclear on the instructions. multiple files, other files with patches. not sure if someone could just simplify the instructions on what we can do to get certain google apps working.

my interest is in google voice
    01-11-14 03:27 PM
    I forget where I got mine from, but it opens fine and everything, just shows this:
    New Google play services-img_20140112_024431.png

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:44 AM
    The Google Play Services Patched APK trick has been around for a while now, the problem with it is it's unstable and it also breaks your accounts settings in 1055. I'm still on that for the sake of laziness and long term accommodation due to my sorted contacts and app data I don't wanna give up (backing up is ew).

That being said, if it works for you, that's awesome.
    01-12-14 07:52 AM
    It's not Google Play services that breaks you account settings on 10.2.1.1055. It's the number of installed apps that causes the problem. If you install more than 15 apps, you can't access your account settings anymore. This bug has been fixed with 10.2.1.1925.

Just to be said.
    01-12-14 08:32 AM
    It's not Google Play services that breaks you account settings on 10.2.1.1055. It's the number of installed apps that causes the problem. If you install more than 15 apps, you can't access your account settings anymore. This bug has been fixed with 10.2.1.1925.

Just to be said.
    If you read through those threads, everyone had different results. For me, android Dropbox alone would break accounts. For my girlfriend, even when I removed all apk it couldn't be accessed. Still others said 15 was the magic number, where some swore it was 23.

I know I haven't had one issue using 1925.
    01-12-14 09:05 AM
    Great progress. It looks like one day we will have Google Play Service on BB10.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-12-14 09:20 AM
    Just some background information: Google Play Services provide Google Maps API v2 support.
    Therefore it must be installed if an app uses location based services based on Google Maps API v2.

My guess is, that Groupon uses such location features

To patch Google Play dependent apps you may want to try the automated APK patcher. Get it here!

Note: A prepatched and tested version of Google Play is included in the script folder.
    Cobalt

I have been trying to patch com.google.android.gm-4720010.apk using your APK patcher... unfortunately I'm not successful... Here is the output of the script:
    PROCESSING FILE: com.google.android.gm-4720010.apk
    PROCESSING MODE: AUTODETECT
    DECOMPILE RESOURCES: [YES]
    TRY TO REMOVE ADS: [NO]
    DEBUG MODE: [NO]

[DECOMPILING APK]
    I: Baksmaling...
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Loaded.
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\scamenis\apktool\framework\1.apk
    I: Loaded.
    I: Regular manifest package...
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=internal, name
    =layout_maxHeight, value=0x00004001
    W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=internal, name
    =layout_minHeight, value=0x00004001
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Done.
    Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec:
    0x0101045f
    at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPa ckage.java:61)
    at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:58)
    at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTabl e.java:54)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResAttrDecoder.decode(Re sAttrDecoder.java:3
    5)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.AXmlResourceParser.getAt tributeValue(AXmlRe
    sourceParser.java:313)
    at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.XmlPullParserDelega te.getAttributeValu
    e(XmlPullParserDelegate.java:69)
    at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializer Wrapper.writeStartT
    ag(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:267)
    at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializer Wrapper.event(Stati
    cXmlSerializerWrapper.java:211)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder$1.e vent(XmlPullStreamD
    ecoder.java:80)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder.dec ode(XmlPullStreamDe
    coder.java:130)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResStreamDecoderContaine r.decode(ResStreamD
    ecoderContainer.java:34)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(Re sFileDecoder.java:1
    07)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(Re sFileDecoder.java:9
    1)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(Androli bResources.java:238
    )
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androli b.java:115)
    at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:11 4)
    at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
    at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)
    Error: Unable to decompile C:\temp\gmaps-apk-patcher-v2.3.1\com.google.android
    .gm-4720010.apk.
    [CLEANING UP]
    (Done)

[FINISHED]

Press any key to continue . . .
    01-22-14 12:30 AM
    It looks like this APK can not be decompiled (it's an apktool problem). You can try with option Decompile Resources NO. If this doesn't work, we're out of luck.
    01-22-14 05:57 PM
    thanks for this, got it and got Ingress finally working. My agent name on there is thatZ10Guy of course...
    01-29-14 08:30 AM
    It may be of interest to you that I have patched the latest version of Google Play Services (v4.3.25036). Go and grab em here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10267648
    eywong, tryfe and zocster like this.
    04-22-14 05:26 AM
    My Google play open but can't go to store as yet
    New Google play services-img_20140422_180102.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 05:07 PM
    It may be of interest to you that I have patched the latest version of Google Play Services (v4.3.25036). Go and grab em here:
    Excellent!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 08:19 PM
    Thank you!

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk
    04-22-14 08:22 PM
    oh yes i download this. Yes you also say this is working good for previous version. I agree with you. I hope next google play is better.
    04-25-14 01:57 AM
    I'm using the latest frn snap not patched

Posted via CB10
    bobshine likes this.
    04-25-14 04:39 AM
    Why don't these developers just disable Google play services and dump the app in the Amazon store and label it "For BB10". ?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:41 PM
    Why don't these developers just disable Google play services and dump the app in the Amazon store and label it "For BB10". ?
    Because sometime google services power major important features (like push notifications!)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-06-14 07:51 PM
    Because sometime google services power major important features (like push notifications!)

Yes but I mean, if BlackBerry users are going to go to all the trouble of disabling Google services just to use the app's basic features, I would think they would pay a dollar to download a version in which the developer did that work for them.

Even for the dev to just do it and offer it for free, makes sense to me. What's a couple hours work when you are gaining access to 100 million new potential customers.

BlackBerry runs these apps with the android runtime, their us very little work needed to make them run well for BlackBerry phones, I would think .

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 likes this.
    11-07-14 06:20 PM
    Yes but I mean, if BlackBerry users are going to go to all the trouble of disabling Google services just to use the app's basic features, I would think they would pay a dollar to download a version in which the developer did that work for them.

Even for the dev to just do it and offer it for free, makes sense to me. What's a couple hours work when you are gaining access to 100 million new potential customers.

BlackBerry runs these apps with the android runtime, their us very little work needed to make them run well for BlackBerry phones, I would think .

Posted via CB10
    Its nowhere near a 100 million new users, its more like 5 to 10 million.... Google has billions of users. Google has a better developer community. Developers use Google Play services, because it does all the work for them. Thus faster updates and abilities within their own app.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-07-14 06:41 PM

The converted app would not work on BB7 or BB6, so I'm not sure where the 100 million figure comes from? These apps would work on BB10 devices only, which is 10 million potential users at best. In our case the intersection of BB10 users and our own customer base is just a hundred thousand or less. Most of those users also have an Android or iOS device and can just use our apps on that device instead.

Speaking for our teams, our apps just don't make a lot of sense without these services. People will patch them and get them running on BB10 for the sake of saying it "works", but it doesn't really work the way we intended. Further, customers will call us and say this feature doesn't work properly or this notification that you advertised didn't come through.

If we are going to support an app we want it to work properly not just "work" to some lower standard. The right answer I think is for BB to sell enough phones to matter to us and then we make a proper complete version of our apps. The Passport is a great start. If they can make enough of them, it could be a popular device. I have high hopes for other future devices also now that BB10 is truly production ready.

11-07-14 11:17 PM
52 123