Hi long time reader first time poster had the PlayBook and this was my number one source for figuring it out. Yesterday I took the plunge and got a z10 it's alright so far but I'm getting more trouble than I thought I would with the snap Google play front store for BlackBerry. I have it loaded on from the chrome extension and it boots and downloads fine but so far any app I have downloaded have not worked this includes plants vs zombies 2 and Netflix amongst others I don't care to list. With Netflix I sign in see the list of shows but when I start one the program crashes, with pvz along with most others it says my phone does not support Google play functions and to contact the manufacturer. I did sign in into snap with my Google account just as an FYI which is supposed to bypass this from everything I have read. I can't find anything on this so any help would be great thanks for everything so far crack nation!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:21 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I'd highly recommend you use the Sachesi desktop app for any sideloading on BB10. Must be plugged in, but otherwise it's super easy. It's also a tool OS updates and backups & restores.

Several apps, usually bigger games like PvsZ 2 for example, require a secondary file called an obb file be manually installed in your device memory too.
    I'll find you the link for the thread on Plants vs Zombies 2 anyway.

I haven't used Netflix app yet, but I was under impression it worked.
    04-17-14 03:37 PM
    Thread moved to Android Apps (APK Files) Forum.

The Sticky Threads at top of this forum will be an excellent resource for you.
    04-17-14 03:41 PM
    Thanks you so much for your in depth reply I will make sure to take a look at the stickies above and update my profile I wasn't aware that those things made a difference. I will come back online later on tonight and update on how it went. Lastly sorry about posting in the wrong forum >.>

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:58 PM
    Thanks you so much for your in depth reply I will make sure to take a look at the stickies above and update my profile I wasn't aware that those things made a difference. I will come back online later on tonight and update on how it went. Lastly sorry about posting in the wrong forum >.>

Posted via CB10
    Which OS are you on?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-17-14 04:03 PM
    http://redlightoflove.com/snap/

Go to the link above and download to your computer. Plug your phone via USB to your computer and then click on the 2nd link BlackBerry empire : how to side load Google play. Here are detailed step by step instructions to get it installed in your Z10 or Z30. I followed it and I got it installed on my time. All the apps I installed so far work. Delete and do the above and reinstall it. Let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:17 PM
    Hey there I'm on 10.2.1 and that link for snap is ironically the one I used and the method I used as well hence why I can't figure out the reason why it's not working thanks though guys

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:22 PM
    http://redlightoflove.com/snap/

Go to the link above and download to your computer. Plug your phone via USB to your computer and then click on the 2nd link BlackBerry empire : how to side load Google play. Here are detailed step by step instructions to get it installed in your Z10 or Z30. I followed it and I got it installed on my time. All the apps I installed so far work. Delete and do the above and reinstall it. Let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    Would this work with the Q 10 also? (can't imagine why not...)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 04:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    yes
    04-18-14 05:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry my quote. I meant to say Q10 as well. Yes it will work.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:41 AM
    Hey there I'm on 10.2.1 and that link for snap is ironically the one I used and the method I used as well hence why I can't figure out the reason why it's not working thanks though guys

Posted via CB10
    Well I read your initial post and decided to download plants vs Zombies 2. I couldn't install it either. It said something about Google play services not supported by this device. I think 10.3 will resolve this but for now there some apps that are not going to work. It was said that not all Google play apps were going to work, the majority of them actually do. I guess just wait until 10.3 comes and then it should resolve it. Go to Crackberry and see what's new in 10.3. I think they mentioned about being logged into Google play services. I think that's why this game doesn't work. It has something to do with that. I could be wrong but that is my thought.

Attachment 263967

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:53 AM
    Hi thanks to everybody for your replies and help. It's been two or three days and I am beyond frustrated at this point. When it comes to fluff apps I don't have a huge list of one's I want or use but the fact I can't get one to work that I see everyone else using is becoming depressing. A recap of my specs so far I'm using a stl100-3 z10 with 10.2.1 on wind mobile in Canada I have now tried about four different methods of side loading including snap (signing in with my gmail), amazon (using an amazon account), Aptoide using the sticky store for bb10 found on these forums and lastly downloading both .bars and .apks and using the chrome pc based side loading method. Apps I'm trying to load along with problems include netflix which I sign into and can see the list of flix but crashes when I try to play anything all research I have done points to this being an stl100-1 issue not stl100-3 which I have. Candy crush saga just shows the orange startup screen that says king and the crashes. Bad piggies shows the rovio title screen and crashes. Plants vs zombies 2 says something about not being able to connect to Google and contact the manufacturer. There were others but this is the main idea with all of those I tried multiple avenues as stated above (side loading, snap, amazon, aptoide) none of them have worked. Am I missing something? Do I need to root the phone ala android? I keep hearing about obb but I cannot figure out what that is all explanations/guides on this site seem to be for people who should already know have a basic understanding and don't seem very noobie friendly to be honest (no shade just frustrating). At this point I'm in love with the os but so frustrated I'm ready to go back to android for ease of use so I'm here begging for help and understanding I'm starting to wonder if my unit is defective solely based on the fact that nobody else is suffering from these problems I hope I have given more than enough information so that the gurus here can at least give me some guidance any help would be amazing thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:09 AM
    What's the complete version of your OS? I am on 10.2.1.2228 and find I can directly load most of what I have tried. No Snap. Though it seems you still need Snap for Google Play.
    04-21-14 12:12 PM
    Hi I wanted to come and update this thread with the resolution I found. After weeks of frustration I thought to myself maybe the snap bar files were not deleting when I deleted the apps so I went into downloads on my phone found the files and deleted them and went to the aptoid bb10 store you can find on Crackberry forums downloaded candy crush netflix pvz2 and more all working takes a minute to boot (stays on the title screen doing nothing it looks like) but when it does it runs flawlessly. Posting this because nobody seems to post resolutions or follow up on this site they just go off with their fix and don't bother again so this is for people like me who were stuck and hopefully can use this for answers I would also like to say don't use snap I found it useless beyond belief and if your looking to torrent ttorrent works really well just have to keep it open in the background to work. Good luck new BlackBerry users

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:49 AM