Downloaded it and installed it, upon starting the program, it says I have to upgrade its version, I click upgrade/download and then it crashes...any help guys?
    08-26-13 10:05 AM
    Hi Stepp

Quick update - have re-downloaded and converted the .apk, but same log when I go to install, so it would seem to replicate an issue in the conversion somewhere.

I've connected to my z10 with a different sideload tool (DDPB) and I get the same result on install, so everyone reading should please note that this doesn't appear to be an issue with the install part of this tool, and is most probably my setup here. I'm trying to find the signing keys I used to have installed when I was writing, so it's probably those...

Mr Schuh, if you'd like either the apk or converted bar for research, do just let me know.
    08-26-13 10:37 AM
    Downloaded it and installed it, upon starting the program, it says I have to upgrade its version, I click upgrade/download and then it crashes...any help guys?
    I found that I wasn't running the installer in Administrator mode. Let the prog crash, go to it's folder, right-click on Update.exe and select Run As Administrator. That should solve that for you.
    Steppschuh likes this.
    08-26-13 10:38 AM
    Hi Stepp

Quick update - have re-downloaded and converted the .apk, but same log when I go to install, so it would seem to replicate an issue in the conversion somewhere.

I've connected to my z10 with a different sideload tool (DDPB) and I get the same result on install, so everyone reading should please note that this doesn't appear to be an issue with the install part of this tool, and is most probably my setup here. I'm trying to find the signing keys I used to have installed when I was writing, so it's probably those...

Mr Schuh, if you'd like either the apk or converted bar for research, do just let me know.
    The tool signs the app with it's own signing keys. Click "Refresh signing keys" in the "Convert" tab and try it again.
    08-26-13 12:01 PM
    Convert feature works like a charm.
    No problems so far, up and running.
    Amazing tool, now it's complete.
    Kudos to the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Steppschuh likes this.
    08-26-13 12:41 PM
    cool!
    http://bb10bars.net/images/posts/heading.png

I want to announce the new all-in-one sideloading tool that I've been working on the past months. I know there are existing tools out there that work great, but they are all missing a nice and easy to use GUI. This tool combines all the steps you need to get an app onto your PlayBook, Z10 or Q10 in one application. You can search and download BAR files, install BAR files onto your device and convert Android APK files into BAR files.

http://bb10bars.net/images/posts/install_convert.png

Info

Here's a little preview of what you can expect:
    The start screen shows a minimalistic dialog that allows you to drag & drop .Bar or .Apk files into the tool and it will instantly install or convert it:

Easy to use
    If you are familiar with the process of converting or installing apps, you will be happy to hear that:
    • You can add files via drag & drop
    • You can use all features for free
    • You do not need to install the BlackBerry SDK
    • You do not need to register for codesigning keys
    • You do not need to install debug tokens
    • You do not need to use any command prompt window

Some of you guys will be familiar to the icons, you might have seen them before on bb10bars.net. That's because I'm hosting the site and it's deeply integrated into the tool. You will be able to search for apps directly in the application and, if available, the tool will download and install the app for you automatically.
    Screenshot: Searching for apps

Download

Open Beta has been started
    You can now download the latest release! Grab the installer from one of the links below:

BB10 Sideloading Tool - direct
    or if you want to support the development
    BB10 Sideloading Tool - via Adf.ly

The current version does include:
    • Installing BAR files
    • Downloading BAR files
    • Installer, uninstaller and shortcuts
    • Software update tool
    • A few bugs for sure

The current version does not include:
    • Converting APK files Converter available now!

Change log:
    Version 1.2.5.52
    • Android APK converter
    • Improved default settings
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.1.2.32
    • Double click .bar files to install
    • Added custom URI protocol (test)
    • Added more error handling
    • New software update tool
    • Minor bug fixes

Version 1.0.1.23
    • Fixed expired cookie bug
    • Added software update tool

Version 1.0.0.37
    • Initial release

http://bb10bars.net/images/ui/get_lo...nload_tool.png http://bb10bars.net/images/ui/get_logo_donate.png

That's it for now, I will keep you informed about further progress.
    Your feedback is highly appreciated!
    08-26-13 10:33 PM
    Any chance someone can direct me to. The article where I can learn how to sideload?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:47 PM
    Any chance someone can direct me to. The article where I can learn how to sideload?
    Try to use the searchbar. Sideloading Guide - BB10 Bars
    08-27-13 08:06 PM
    Has anyone tried the Viber bar file in the category link if it would run in 10.1?

http://bb10bars.net/apps/com-viber-voip
    08-28-13 07:40 AM
    Has anyone tried the Viber bar file in the category link if it would run in 10.1?

Viber for BlackBerry - BB10 Bars
    Im sure it wont, you'll need the unlocked JellyBean runtime from 10.2.
    08-28-13 09:23 AM
    I keep getting a failed log. What can I do to make it work? Posted Below is the log. My pin is 2AB0EB65

BB10 Sideloading Tool is starting
    Version: 1.2.5.52
    - Loading settings
    - Preparing GUI
    - Checking libraries
    - Loading simple drag and drop dialog
    - Checking registry keys
    - URI key found
    - BAR key found
    Ready
    Checking for updates
    - No important update available
    Open file event:
    - barinstall-1_0_0_2.bar
    Adding app to install queue:
    - barinstall-1_0_0_2.bar
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Installing apps
    - Installing barinstall-1_0_0_2.bar
    Installing apps done
    Successfull: 0 | Failed: 1
    Trying to reach 169.254.0.1
    - Success
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    09-03-13 04:39 PM
    I keep getting a failed log. What can I do to make it work? Posted Below is the log.
    Please look at the last few posts in this thread, we've already talked about the possible issues.
    09-03-13 05:59 PM
    Great application, really speeds up the process thank you!
    One question, not sure if it's possible or maybe I haven't figured it out yet.. Once I download an .apk can I drag it into the application then let it convert and install without having to do any more touches of application? At the moment I drag the apk into the application, it converts then I must drag the converted file back into the application again to install it.

Hope this makes sense!
    09-04-13 03:48 AM
    Great application, really speeds up the process thank you!
    One question, not sure if it's possible or maybe I haven't figured it out yet.. Once I download an .apk can I drag it into the application then let it convert and install without having to do any more touches of application? At the moment I drag the apk into the application, it converts then I must drag the converted file back into the application again to install it.

Hope this makes sense!
    Thanks for your feedback! You are right, at the moment you have to convert and sideload with two steps. I might add this feature with the next update.
    shaunj539 likes this.
    09-04-13 07:28 AM
    Great app <3 !!

keep up the good work.
    09-04-13 04:33 PM
    Awesome sauce!
    09-04-13 04:37 PM
    Slick ....... especially if I can get it to work for me. No problem seeing device, etc. It's doing something a little weird to me in making the call for signing keys (I refreshed signing keys a few times with the same result).

LOG --- attempt to convert .apk:
    Open file event:
    - misc.apk
    Adding app to convert queue:
    - misc.apk
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Converting apps
    - Setting up signing keys
    - Creating CSK store
    - Error: \\ABCDSERVER\FolderRedirection\john.doe\Research In Motion\barsigner.csk (Access is denied)
    - Generating key pair
    - Restoring key database
    - Done
    - Converting misc.apk
    - (Debug) Checking Blacklist
    - (Debug) Parsing Android Manifest
    - (res/drawable/icon.png) icon too small | impact: 2
    - (Debug) Creating BlackBerry Manifest
    - (Info) Version: 2.6.0.1200
    - (Debug) Creating BAR file
    - App converted successfully
    - Signing misc.bar
    - Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK. RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.
    Converting apps done

NOTE:
    1) Yes I am on a network system .... however ..... I don't understand where/how the call is being made for the .csk on the server.

2) I was set up to convert and sign .apks using the apk2bar_HaTaX.bat and signbar_HaTaX.bat. I had keys issued from BB, BB Webworks, JAVA-SDK, AIR, etc. installed. I had converted & signed several apps for my own use. All of a sudden last week - problem signing apps ......... I've tried a number of things to get everything back working. No luck, I could not identify where the problem was. Anyway, if I can figure out what's making the call for \\ABCDSERVER\FolderRedirection\john.doe\Research In Motion\barsigner.csk ...........I think it would allow me to use this converter/sideloading solution. This is a much more efficient and simple tool.

Thanks!!!
    09-04-13 05:40 PM
    "download path does not exist"

what does this mean, how can i get around it?
    09-04-13 06:20 PM
    "download path does not exist"

what does this mean, how can i get around it?
    Go to settings and select a valid folder for your downloads. It should be something in your user directory.

Slick ....... especially if I can get it to work for me. No problem seeing device, etc. It's doing something a little weird to me in making the call for signing keys (I refreshed signing keys a few times with the same result).

LOG --- attempt to convert .apk:
    Open file event:
    - misc.apk
    Adding app to convert queue:
    - misc.apk
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Converting apps
    - Setting up signing keys
    - Creating CSK store
    - Error: \\ABCDSERVER\FolderRedirection\john.doe\Research In Motion\barsigner.csk (Access is denied)
    - Generating key pair
    - Restoring key database
    - Done
    - Converting misc.apk
    - (Debug) Checking Blacklist
    - (Debug) Parsing Android Manifest
    - (res/drawable/icon.png) icon too small | impact: 2
    - (Debug) Creating BlackBerry Manifest
    - (Info) Version: 2.6.0.1200
    - (Debug) Creating BAR file
    - App converted successfully
    - Signing misc.bar
    - Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK. RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.
    Converting apps done

NOTE:
    1) Yes I am on a network system .... however ..... I don't understand where/how the call is being made for the .csk on the server.

2) I was set up to convert and sign .apks using the apk2bar_HaTaX.bat and signbar_HaTaX.bat. I had keys issued from BB, BB Webworks, JAVA-SDK, AIR, etc. installed. I had converted & signed several apps for my own use. All of a sudden last week - problem signing apps ......... I've tried a number of things to get everything back working. No luck, I could not identify where the problem was. Anyway, if I can figure out what's making the call for \\ABCDSERVER\FolderRedirection\john.doe\Research In Motion\barsigner.csk ...........I think it would allow me to use this converter/sideloading solution. This is a much more efficient and simple tool.

Thanks!!!
    This might be a problem caused by your network system. The call is made by the tool when copying the csk and db file to the directory that the BB SDK will look for.

Code:
                Dim path_appdata As String = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) & "\Research In Motion\"

If Not My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(path_appdata & "barsigner.csk") Then
                    path_appdata = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory)
                    path_appdata = path_appdata.Substring(0, path_appdata.LastIndexOf("\"))
                    path_appdata = path_appdata & "\Research In Motion\"
                End If

My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyFile(getDataFilePath("barsigner.db"), path_appdata & "barsigner.db", True)
                My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyFile(getDataFilePath("barsigner.csk"), path_appdata & "barsigner.csk", True)
    You could try to start the tool as administrator to give it access to that location or figure out why the files was not stored in Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData, which should be \\ABCDSERVER\FolderRedirection\john.doe\AppData\Lo cal\Research in Motion\
    09-05-13 06:32 AM
    I am getting this error i have done everything as tutorial says but i am not able to install
    here is the logs

- Loading settings
    - Preparing GUI
    - Checking libraries
    - Checking registry keys
    - URI key found
    - BAR key found
    Ready
    Open file event:
    - com.instagram.bar
    - com.instagram.bar
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Installing apps
    - Installing com.instagram.bar
    Installing apps done
    - Success
    Checking for updates

- Loading settings
    - Preparing GUI
    - Checking libraries
    - Checking registry keys
    - URI key found
    - BAR key found
    Ready
    Open file event:
    - com.instagram.android.bar
    - com.mobisystems.msdict.embedded.wireless.collins.f .bar
    - com.instagram.android.bar
    - com.mobisystems.msdict.embedded.wireless.collins.f .bar
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Installing apps
    - Installing com.instagram.android.bar
    - Installing com.mobisystems.msdict.embedded.wireless.collins.f .bar
    Installing apps done
    Successfull: 0 | Failed: 2
    - Success
    Checking for updates

Please help
    09-05-13 11:25 AM
    I am getting this error i have done everything as tutorial says but i am not able to install
    here is the logs
    You need the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in order to install apps. If you don't have it already, download it here. Make sure that you install the right version:
    - x86 if you are using a 32bit Windows
    - x64 if you are using a 64bit Windows
    09-05-13 12:35 PM
    You need the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in order to install apps. If you don't have it already, download it here. Make sure that you install the right version:
    I am using windows7 64.Bit and i have downloaded this file Windows x64 20.34 MB jre-7-windows-x64.exe
    and i am having same problem
    09-05-13 02:27 PM
    - Loading settings
    - Preparing GUI
    - Checking libraries
    - Checking registry keys
    - URI key found
    - BAR key found
    Ready
    Open file event:
    - com.instagram.bar
    - com.instagram.bar
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Installing apps
    - Installing com.instagram.bar
    Installing apps done
    - Success
    09-05-13 02:30 PM
    I am using windows7 64.Bit and i have downloaded this file Windows x64 20.34 MB jre-7-windows-x64.exe
    and i am having same problem
    And you have restarted your PC after installation and you are running the tool as admin?
    09-05-13 04:42 PM
    And you have restarted your PC after installation and you are running the tool as admin?
    Yes i have restarted my laptop several times and i am running the software as admin but having same problem dont know why
    09-05-13 05:25 PM
437 ... 1011121314 ...