I converted and side loaded a bunch of apps, most of which delivered the message "Unfortunately, NAME OF PROGRAM has stopped working" almost immediately after I opened the apps. Any idea why these apps are not working? Thanks.
    Keep in mind that converted JellyBean apps need the JellyBean runtime from BB10.2 to work.
    08-08-13 05:24 AM
    Tool seems great and I would use it but I cannot get it to connect to my phone. The only PC I have access to is at work and the wifi at work is a different network then what the PC is on. If there is away to connect via USB I haven't found out how, despite spending my lunch break trying. Any help would be appreciated!!! Back to the debug token method for now.
    08-08-13 07:22 AM
    Tool seems great and I would use it but I cannot get it to connect to my phone. The only PC I have access to is at work and the wifi at work is a different network then what the PC is on. If there is away to connect via USB I haven't found out how, despite spending my lunch break trying. Any help would be appreciated!!! Back to the debug token method for now.
    Simply connect your device via USB and enter the development IP as IP address in the settings tab. It should be 169.254.0.1
    08-08-13 07:27 AM
    Tried that, it didn't work. Its gotta be something else. I am able to connect to install with debug keys. Thanks for the reply btw.
    08-08-13 07:37 AM
    Tried that, it didn't work. Its gotta be something else. I am able to connect to install with debug keys. Thanks for the reply btw.
    You can find it out under Settings - Security - Development Mode. It has to be turned on of course
    08-08-13 07:45 AM
    Yes, of course, and it is. I've been side loading for months, I am familiar with the requirements. I assumed there wasn't USB connection support in the app so gave up after 30minutes of trying. Hearing that there is, I closed the app and ran it under admin privileges (should have thought of this yesterday) and it was able to connect.

When trying to convert, have the sdk location set to the sdk folder but get the following:
    Code:
    Converting apps
      - Setting up signing keys
       - Creating CSK store
       - Generating key pair
       - Restoring key database
      - Done
      - Converting com.audible.application.apk
    Converting apps done
    Successfull: 0  |  Failed: 0
    Removing login cookie
      - No cookie found.
    I think I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what.
    08-08-13 07:55 AM
    Code:
    Converting apps
      - Setting up signing keys
       - Creating CSK store
       - Generating key pair
       - Restoring key database
      - Done
      - Converting com.audible.application.apk
    Converting apps done
    Successfull: 0  |  Failed: 0
    Removing login cookie
      - No cookie found.
    Looks like it can't find or access the Java libraries. They have been added with the last update, maybe something went wrong and it didn't download them. Try running the "extractor" file, you can find it in the installation directory. You may execute it as administrator.
    08-08-13 11:44 AM
    New BB10 Sideloading Tool!-bb10-sideloading-tool-error.jpgNew BB10 Sideloading Tool!-bb10-sideloading-tool-error-2.jpgNew BB10 Sideloading Tool!-bb10-sideloading-tool-error-3.jpgNew BB10 Sideloading Tool!-bb10-sideloading-tool-error-4.jpg
    These are the errors I get when I try to open this after it prompts to install the update. I haven't been able to update since the first version, and I do run the update tool in admin mode. I'm running windows 8 with the 64 bit version of Java 7. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance for the wonderful tool.
    08-08-13 11:49 AM
    These are the errors I get when I try to open this after it prompts to install the update. I haven't been able to update since the first version, and I do run the update tool in admin mode. I'm running windows 8 with the 64 bit version of Java 7. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance for the wonderful tool.
    Uninstall the tool, download the latest version and install it with admin rights. I don't know why, but something has corrupted the directory / files.
    08-08-13 12:25 PM
    Looks like it can't find or access the Java libraries. They have been added with the last update, maybe something went wrong and it didn't download them. Try running the "extractor" file, you can find it in the installation directory. You may execute it as administrator.
    Thanks for the help but that didn't work either. I also tried rerunning the update (also as admin) and then running extractor (as admin) but it still gives the "Successfull: 0 | Failed: 0" message and does nothing. I've uninstalled and am going to stick with using my debug token, this is just too much effort to get working.
    08-09-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks for the help but that didn't work either. I also tried rerunning the update (also as admin) and then running extractor (as admin) but it still gives the "Successfull: 0 | Failed: 0" message and does nothing. I've uninstalled and am going to stick with using my debug token, this is just too much effort to get working.
    My last guess is that you are using the wrong Java RE Version.
    08-09-13 07:45 AM

Question, When will you be adding the option to uninstall .bar's?
    Hello. You (op) replied to this member "why would it be necessary "
    I just read all 11 pages (on z10) and there was no other mention of this question?
    I feel it is a important question because I have similar issues.
    I just wrote a post last night in side loading thread titled "yahoo sports". Where I have deleted the app with the garbage can method and although the app is gone it is still showing in my "sports" home screen folder, but not there when you open it.
    At this point I have only had one reply from a member who says it's because I deleted it the way I did (and always have) and that I only deleted the icon and the program is still there, and to delete it the same way it got there DDPB.
    How do you delete apps with your program?

Thanks keith

P.S. After reading all 11 pages u would love to try this program, but downloads are scattered around the 11 pages. Are all the files we need condensed some where all up to date? And SDK? Like page 1?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:57 AM
    Hello. You (op) replied to this member "why would it be necessary "
    I just read all 11 pages (on z10) and there was no other mention of this question?
    I feel it is a important question because I have similar issues.
    I just wrote a post last night in side loading thread titled "yahoo sports". Where I have deleted the app with the garbage can method and although the app is gone it is still showing in my "sports" home screen folder, but not there when you open it.
    At this point I have only had one reply from a member who says it's because I deleted it the way I did (and always have) and that I only deleted the icon and the program is still there, and to delete it the same way it got there DDPB.
    How do you delete apps with your program?

Thanks keith

P.S. After reading all 11 pages u would love to try this program, but downloads are scattered around the 11 pages. Are all the files we need condensed some where all up to date? And SDK? Like page 1?
    The tool doesn't allow you to uninstall apps, as this is clearly a feature that the OS has to provide. If the runtime has issues with that atm, BlackBerry will have to fix them.

You only need one download, which is the installer: tool.bb10bars.net
    The Android SDK is available here: developer.android.com/sdk/
    08-09-13 09:06 AM
    I have read suggestions to use the trashcan or use the same method used to install, with the latter always making more sence to me. I used DDPB to uninstall apps as that was the way I use to install apps. But for a while now I have been using the sideloading tool in this thread as it's quicker over Wi-Fi to sideload as I don't need the usb cable and since I asked that question about adding the ability to uninstall apps I have tried the trashcan method and for me it's hit and miss. Some apps seems to uninstall just fine but others will still show in the search and then the app icon would reappear after a device restart or the app would still be running after using the trashcan.

So I now always use the DDPB tool to uninstall as I haven't had any issues with it.

For the app I want to delete i just add the .bar to DDPB , select it via the check box and the click uninstall.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:39 AM
    I am having issues getting the loader to actually install the files. It appears to be downloading properly, but wont install. I have check my Java version, I have uninstalled and reset the loader plus restarted my device. I am lost at what to do with this now.

Searching apps with keyword netf
    - Netflix (com.netflix.mediaclient)
    - Junos Pulse (net.juniper.junos.pulse.android)
    - Android (net.lp.androidsfortune)
    - BattStatt Pro (net.bajawa.batterypro)
    - EVAC HD (net.hexage.evac.hd)
    - Movies (net.flixster.android)
    - NetMeter (com.google.android.netmeter)
    - Network Browser (com.flopcode.android.networkbrowser)
    - Penetrate (com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.F.Penetrate)
    - PdaNet (com.pdanet)
    - Remote Web Desktop (net.xdevelop.rm)
    - Telnet (koushikdutta.telnet)
    - Thinking Space (net.thinkingspace)
    - BlitzDroid (net.londatiga.android.blitzdroid)
    - Type Fresh (net.pixelpod.typefresh)
    - Zedge (net.zedge.android)
    - kicker (com.netbiscuits.kicker)
    - Jewels Maze 2 (com.ezjoynetwork.jewelsmaze2)
    - SongPop Free (air.com.freshplanet.games.WaM)
    - PokerStarsNET (com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.net)
    - Mindjet Maps (net.thinkingspace)
    - PlanetRomeo (com.planetromeo.android.app)
    - Q-See QT View (com.qsee.network)
    - MetaTrader 4 (net.metaquotes.metatrader4)
    - nummi (nl.ninetofive.nummi)
    - PdaNet Tablet (com.pdanet.tablet2)
    - Hornet (com.hornet.android)
    - MetaTrader 5 (net.metaquotes.metatrader5)
    - Vault (com.netqin.ps)
    - iNet Viewer (com.inetviewer)
    - Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (com.blizzard.bma)
    - Netflix (com.netflix.mediaclient)
    Dwonloading file: Netflix
    Downloading finished: com.netflix.mediaclient.bar
    - com.netflix.mediaclient.bar
    Adding app to install queue: com.netflix.mediaclient.bar
    Removing login cookie
    - No cookie found.
    Installing apps
    - Installing com.netflix.mediaclient.bar
    Installing apps done
    Successfull: 0 | Failed: 1
    Trying to reach 192.168.1.5 / 24
    - Success

Anyone else with the same issue? Or a solution?
    08-09-13 03:33 PM
    I am having issues getting the loader to actually install the files. It appears to be downloading properly, but wont install. I have check my Java version, I have uninstalled and reset the loader plus restarted my device. I am lost at what to do with this now.
    Looks like the tool can't access the Java libraries. Have you tried running the tool as administrator?
    08-09-13 05:14 PM
    OK I finally got the thing working. All my problems were user error. Reading about everyone's issues gave me clues to solve my own issues.

So to recap thanks to everyone for having issues because without you I wouldn't have gotten my issues solved! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Steppschuh likes this.
    08-09-13 06:11 PM
    Any mac user have this working via Wine? I've got it installed, and java installed, just not connected yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:17 PM
    Looks like the tool can't access the Java libraries. Have you tried running the tool as administrator?
    I did run the tool as administrator and I got the same issue. I went back to ensure I had the correct Java version and I do, so I dont know what I am missing. Im running windows 7 64 bit and I selected that Java version when I downloaded it.
    08-09-13 08:06 PM
    Any mac user have this working via Wine? I've got it installed, and java installed, just not connected yet.
    I can try to help you troubleshooting if you post your log. Try the USB connection set the IP to 169.254.0.1

I did run the tool as administrator and I got the same issue. I went back to ensure I had the correct Java version and I do, so I dont know what I am missing. Im running windows 7 64 bit and I selected that Java version when I downloaded it.
    I'm logging that exception in the next update because I can't reproduce the issue, let's see what's causing it.
    08-10-13 04:21 AM
    can't convert apps.
    New BB10 Sideloading Tool!-img_00000004.jpg

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    08-10-13 03:56 PM
    can't convert apps.
    Change the download path to a folder in your user directory.
    geenaxion likes this.
    08-10-13 04:13 PM
    Just to let you know I have used all the side loading tools around and yours is the easiest for non technology wise users. Only one difficulty upon updating but just fixed by deleting and reinstalling. Keep the good work

Posted from the best mobile device Z10
    Steppschuh likes this.
    08-10-13 05:36 PM
    New BB10 Sideloading Tool!-img_20130712.jpg does this mean it's done? I can't find the bar file

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:18 AM
    does this mean it's done? I can't find the bar file
    You should scroll down in your log, you only see the beginning.
    08-11-13 07:02 AM
437 ... 7891011 ...