OK...wanted to see if its the BAR file or something else.
    I attempted to install a few other BAR files (gmail, skype) and I get the same."fail to install"

What am I doing wrong?
    A few users reported that exact same problem. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue yet and can't tell you how to fix it. My guess is that it depends on the opearing system, bugs have been reported with 10.1.0.1720.
    07-23-13 06:27 AM
    A few users reported that exact same problem. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue yet and can't tell you how to fix it. My guess is that it depends on the opearing system, bugs have been reported with 10.1.0.1720.
    Turns out that in all cases so far users had the wrong Java runtime environment installed (e.g 32bit instead of 64bit). Please check that, @plsntnrules.

Now that exams are over I finally have more time to work on this service. The Android APK to BAR converter is almost done now, only the UI implementation is missing. If you came across any bugs in the last release, please let me know!

Last edited by Steppschuh; 07-30-13 at 12:00 PM.
    geenaxion likes this.
    07-30-13 10:57 AM
    Totally awesome, easy to use and worked first time for me - very impressed. One question, I converted the .apk to .bar using the PlayBook .apk to .bar converter site, installed the .bar and the application runs just fine, but I was curious as it had not asked for any permissions, neither can I see the app listed under System Settings, Security and Privacy, Application Permissions. As I have no other Android apps on my phone I don't know whether I should be able to see these permissions or not so any advice would be gratefully received.
    08-02-13 01:00 AM
    I was curious as it had not asked for any permissions, neither can I see the app listed under System Settings, Security and Privacy, Application Permissions. As I have no other Android apps on my phone I don't know whether I should be able to see these permissions or not so any advice would be gratefully received.
    Some sideloaded apps show up in the permissions screen, others don't. If you would like to know which permissions apps use, have a look at the Google Play Store entry for that app.
    08-02-13 02:35 AM
    Some sideloaded apps show up in the permissions screen, others don't. If you would like to know which permissions apps use, have a look at the Google Play Store entry for that app.
    Thanks, looking at the MANIFEST.MF file in the .bar I can see the following "Entry-Point-User-Actions: access_shared,play_audio,post_notification,access_ internet,use_camera,record_audio" which I assume are the permissions the app should have asked for? Perhaps because the site I used to convert was designed for PlayBook instead of BB10?
    08-02-13 04:53 AM
    Alright folks, it's time to give you the APK to BAR converter! The latest update unlocks the converter, just start the tool and wait 10 seconds. It will download and install the new version.

If you want to convert apps, you also need to download the Android SDK. Save it anywhere and enter the path of the "SDK" folder into the sideloading tool. Now you are ready to convert any APK file that you can find!

That's right, you don't need:
    • Code signing keys
    • Debug tokens
    • BlackBerry command line tools

Keep in mind that it's still a beta version. Let me know what you think!
    08-03-13 01:55 PM
    Would like to see available updates for my apps
    Like if i have Instagram 2.x i would like it to notify me that there is a 4.0.2 version available

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-03-13 02:18 PM
    Alright folks, it's time to give you the APK to BAR converter! The latest update unlocks the converter, just start the tool and wait 10 seconds. It will download and install the new version.

If you want to convert apps, you also need to download the Android SDK. Save it anywhere and enter the path of the "SDK" folder into the sideloading tool. Now you are ready to convert any APK file that you can find!

That's right, you don't need:
    • Code signing keys
    • Debug tokens
    • BlackBerry command line tools

Keep in mind that it's still a beta version. Let me know what you think!
    Works just fine for me, though could only convert by drag and dropping the .apk onto the tool - couldn't seem to get anything to happen from inside the tool. I still have the same problem with no permissions (used the same apk as before, though may be a problem with the original APK?) Good work though - thanks
    08-03-13 06:01 PM
    What folder/file in the Android SDK do you point the converter towards?
    08-03-13 06:14 PM
    What folder/file in the Android SDK do you point the converter towards?
    I unzipped the SDK, then pointed the converter to the \sdk folder in the unzipped location (e.g. C:\Users\[blah blah]\Utilities\Android SDK\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130729\sdk)

I also had to change the location of the download folder in Settings as the update changed my previous setting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\BB10 Sideloading Tool\BARs" but this folder needs admin access to write to so the convert failed
    08-03-13 08:10 PM
    I unzipped the SDK, then pointed the converter to the \sdk folder in the unzipped location (e.g. C:\Users\[blah blah]\Utilities\Android SDK\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130729\sdk)

I also had to change the location of the download folder in Settings as the update changed my previous setting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\BB10 Sideloading Tool\BARs" but this folder needs admin access to write to so the convert failed
    Thanks for helping out here. The default folder for downloads is indeed a bad idea, I'll change that to a folder in the user directory with the next update.
    08-04-13 04:00 AM
    Can this tool make BAR with 4.2.2 instead 2.3.3 like the old methode?
    I hear if we can convert on 4.2.2 SDK android then it will running more flawless on 10.2
    08-04-13 11:39 AM
    Can this tool make BAR with 4.2.2 instead 2.3.3 like the old methode?
    I hear if we can convert on 4.2.2 SDK android then it will running more flawless on 10.2
    It uses the latest SDKs and can convert anything.
    08-04-13 12:38 PM
    Took the plunge and tried it out. Sideloaded for the first time. WOW! Crazy easy and fast. GF has Instagram and Snapchat working and I snagged Netflix and Kijiji. Couldn't get the Squeezebox Controller app to work. Also failed installing the game, Plague Inc. Said it lost network connection with it after 100% install.

Fantastic app/tool here people. This dev has got something huge here.

Edit: We are running the official Rogers 10.1 MR.
    08-04-13 01:55 PM
    will this work for playbook???
    08-04-13 02:11 PM
    First of all, thank you for the Dev, its seems like a amazing tool, but im having a problema, its similar to a post before, i try to download apps, but always get the fail message, i have windos 8 pro, plz help
    08-04-13 02:14 PM
    will this work for playbook???
    Yes, as long as you don't convert JellyBean apps.

I try to download apps, but always get the fail message, i have windos 8 pro
    What's that message? Make sure that you've set the download directory to something in your user folder.
    08-04-13 02:27 PM
    i dont know what happen i install the java run time 32 and the 64 bit, offline, and the its work!!! its amazing!!! Donating rigthh nowww with the paypal app! this is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MUST HAVE APP!
    08-04-13 02:41 PM
    You know I read something about this tool before but have to busy to really focus on it.

Anything to know about using the tool with one PC and a Z10 and a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:02 PM
    You know I read something about this tool before but have to busy to really focus on it.

Anything to know about using the tool with one PC and a Z10 and a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    it requires installation of a secondary download od a download manager program id you want to install .bar files dorectly w/ this tool,,, it contains adware/toolbars that sets off my firewall warnings...
    08-04-13 10:01 PM
    it requires installation of a secondary download od a download manager program id you want to install .bar files dorectly w/ this tool,,, it contains adware/toolbars that sets off my firewall warnings...
    I don't know what you are talking about, but I want to make clear that:
    • It doesn't require any download manager
    • It contains no ads
    • It installs no toolbars
    • It doesn't change any firewall settings
    08-05-13 02:11 AM
    Please don't write this on every post about sideloader and sideloading. You just make people nervous about inexistant potential problems and some people (notably xsacha) already told you that your antivirus is too severe.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 02:17 AM
    I also have installed this, and can swear by this product.

The poster must have been smoking some

I don't know what you are talking about, but I want to make clear that:
    • It doesn't require any download manager
    • It contains no ads
    • It installs no toolbars
    • It doesn't change any firewall settings

Sent from my Z10
    08-05-13 02:20 AM
    I also have installed this, and can swear by this product.

The poster must have been smoking some

Sent from my Z10
    So can i, I have been using it for a while now (since it was released) and all the things claimed by that user is false. Besides there are several pages in this thread, something would have been said sooner by multiple users if there was any truth to his claims.

Imo this tool is the easiest way to sideload! Great UI, Easy Setup and No usb cable needed!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 03:00 AM
    Does this tool do what the debug token does? I'm really not sure if I'm asking the question correctly.

I want to use a debug token for a troublesome app. My problem is I'm getting an error after the keys are registered, I'm getting a token.

If this tool rendered the token unnecessary this would be very useful.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:19 AM
437 ... 56789 ...