I recommend you present the rating system AFTER the app is installed. How is someone suppose to rate something they haven't tried yet?
    06-30-13 02:39 AM
    How is someone suppose to rate something they haven't tried yet?
    That's just the rating from other users shown in the screenshot. The rating from the current user will be prompted after the installation of all apps in que has finished.

I came across some interesting stuff while decompiling the BlackBerry Command Line Tools. I think there might be a way to deploy bar files from within an (Android) app directly on the device, which would be super awesome.

I'm making good progress with the tool, chances are that you will get the first Beta version later today.
    06-30-13 04:26 AM
    Wow, app looks great! Keep up tje good work.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:10 AM
    Pretty stoked for this!
    06-30-13 08:56 AM
    Will remain posted

Kah
    06-30-13 09:18 AM
    Will it need tye debugtok bar?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:17 AM
    can we covert with debug tokens?
    06-30-13 04:36 PM
    please let me know when this ready i can test also
    06-30-13 04:57 PM
    First Beta version available now!
    I just uploaded the latest release, you can find the link in the first post.

The current version does include:
    • Installing BAR files
    • Downloading BAR files
    • Installer, uninstaller and shortcuts
    • A few bugs for sure

The current version does not include:
    • Converting APK files
    • Update tool
    06-30-13 06:38 PM
    Downloaded! Currently showing in beta, once the converting feature comes available, this will definitely be the solution, Even populated BAR files auto...
    06-30-13 10:18 PM
    Subscribed, looks promising.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:23 PM
    First Beta version available now!
    I just uploaded the latest release, you can find the link in the first post.

The current version does include:
    • Installing BAR files
    • Downloading BAR files
    • Installer, uninstaller and shortcuts
    • A few bugs for sure

The current version does not include:
    • Converting APK files
    • Update tool
    Update tool, omg I'll turn gay for you if you get that going.
    06-30-13 10:45 PM
    That updating APK feature is killer, to be honest. You have no idea how many times I've had to check back at Google Play Store to see if any of the apps I've side loaded have been updated.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:07 AM
    You need a website with a donations link
    07-01-13 07:23 PM
    You need a website with a donations link
    It's on the download page and in the tool
    Thanks for your support!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:06 PM
    This looks great. Going to download now!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:05 AM
    I'm I the only one having issues using this tool?.

Okay so yesterday... I set it up for the first time using the development IP address (USB) 169.254.0.1 which worked as i was able sideloaded a .bar fie.This is the same IP i use for DDPB. Also the 'Check Connection' test said 'Device is reachable'

Later on that day... I started up the program for the 2nd time (no settings had changed) but this time i couldn't sideload any .bar's, I get the following message in the logs...

- (Debug) Initialized http client
    - (Debug) Attempting to authorize with cookie
    - (Response) Error: User authentication failed
    - (Response) Error: Device is unreachable. Check you network connection.
    Installing apps done
    Successfull: 0 | Failed: 1

So during the process of trying to figure out what was wrong, i looked at the ? next to the IP address Input field and it instructs you to get the 'Local IP address' with the following steps...

"Connect your device with your Wi-Fi network and go to settings - About. Select the Network category and take note of the IPv4 address. It should look like 192.168.1.23"

I assume this means the Local Network IP address for my Z10 so i put that in, for me it's 192.168.1.14

After i did this, It worked... I was able to side load again.

Today however it doesn't work and i have tried both IP's and still won't sideload with the same log message above.

I'm pretty confused? It's a straight forward setup so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, never had any problems with DDPB i couldn't figure out myself and judging by the non-existence post(s), No-one else is having this issue!

Q: Also quick question based on the instructions to use the Local network IP does this mean we can sideload (over WiFi) without the Z10 being connected to the PC/Laptop via USB?
    07-02-13 09:57 AM
    I'm I the only one having issues using this tool?
    No, I just discovered this bug and I'm working on a fix fixed it. Update for the tool is now available.. It's because the lool creates a login cookie when you sideload your first app. This cookie does expire after a few hours, but the tool is not creating a new one and tries to send the invalid one.

To fix this issue, simply delete the cookie. It's located at
    Code:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\.deployData

Also quick question based on the instructions to use the Local network IP does this mean we can sideload (over WiFi) without the Z10 being connected to the PC/Laptop via USB?
    Yes, you don't need to connect your device. It works when you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Last edited by Steppschuh; 07-02-13 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Fixed the bug
    Dealz417 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:07 AM
    Thanks! Can't wait to try it!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:22 AM
    No, I just discovered this bug and I'm working on a fix. It's because the lool creates a login cookie when you sideload your first app. This cookie does expire after a few hours, but the tool is not creating a new one and tries to send the invalid one.

To fix this issue, simply delete the cookie. It's located at
    Code:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\.deployData
    Thanks for the quick reply with an explanation and fix! I deleted the file you mentioned and sideloading is working now! also good to know your working on fixing the bug!

Yes, you don't need to connect your device. It works when you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Thanks for confirming, tried it and it's great! much easier not having to connect my Z10 to my PC via USB every time.

Question, When will you be adding the option to uninstall .bar's?
    Last edited by Dealz417; 07-02-13 at 11:47 AM.
    07-02-13 11:34 AM
    When will you be adding the option to uninstall .bar's?
    Not sure why this should be useful?

I just uploaded a new version, fixing the expired cookie bug. It now also contains a software update check for the tool, you can deactivate it in the settings if you don't want it.

07-02-13 01:53 PM
    Great! Got the new version!

I've always read around the forums that when deleting an app it's always best to uninstall it the same way it was installed? Because using the trashcan in the top right hand corner of the app icon doesn't delete the app fully and leaves files/folders behind?

DDPB has an uninstall option which I've always used to delete and app.

I assume you use the trashcan when you delete a sideloaded app?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 07-02-13 at 04:40 PM.
    07-02-13 02:48 PM
    As soon as I get to my computer I'm going to download and install I like how it keeps it all together and its neat

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:13 PM
    When running the program, it prompts me to install JRE by directing me to the java download page. I then proceed to install the appropriate file which is java 7 update 25 for x86. Once installed, I try to run the sideloading tool but i get the same error. I tried uninstalling java, reinstalling java, rebooting the pc. Nothing works...please help. Thanks
    Last edited by zilla0617; 07-02-13 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Figured what the problem was, even though firefox is 32 bit my pc is 64bit
    07-02-13 09:01 PM
    How does the direct download work? When I search for apps and select one and go to click the install button I get the message "Download path does not exist. Please check your download folder settings." Sorry I am new to all of this.
    07-02-13 11:02 PM
437 12345 ...