[New App] Wearable Companion OR how to get the most out of your android wearable-img_20150208_074705.png
    I unchecked this option, double notification gone, but after restart, all the notification also gone,

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:57 AM
    Notification error message - wearable is fine - HELP!!
    Install NotificationDelegator-1_0_82 (1).apk: failure 500 'Package-Id'
    02-15-15 04:09 PM
    how to clear notification on notificationdelegation app ??
    02-15-15 07:10 PM
    Brilliant app.. Works with my garmin 920xt.

But. Bit of advice needed... When the phone rings via a incoming call, on my watch I get only one vibration and notification is too short.

Can I increase the notification time?

I have passport 10.3.1

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-19-15 08:10 AM
    Nice work with the app. The notifications work well with my vivosmart.
    I have a couple of questions though.
    Is it possible to remove the delegator notifications from the hub?
    Also if I stop the app from running, can I re-enable it and get notifications pushed to my vivosmart without restarting the phone?
    02-19-15 03:12 PM
    Nice work with the app. The notifications work well with my vivosmart.
    I have a couple of questions though.
    Is it possible to remove the delegator notifications from the hub?
    Also if I stop the app from running, can I re-enable it and get notifications pushed to my vivosmart without restarting the phone?
    Both apps (blackberry and android) are headless. So they should always work. Whether the ui part is started or not

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:34 AM
    Hi there,

i created an app to make BB hub notifications available to android apps running on a BB device.
    This is quite useful since most of these devices work on our Blackberries but can't access incoming mails, phone calls etc.

The app cosinsts of actually 2 applications.
    One headless native Blackberry app and one android app.
    You have to have both apps installed.

You can download the BETA 4 here
    https://gitlab.com/gemx/smartnotific...er/tree/master

Please also use the issue tracker there for providing bug reports and use this forum just for general discussions.
    The beta 3 will work till March 1st 2015.

Before polishing for submission to the blackberry world i would like to see if there is really an interest in such an app besides myself

Thanks for your feedback

What's it for?
    It's main purpose is to bring bb notifications such as incoming call or mails to
    android applications that also run on the BB device.
    It also supports direct notifications to sony smartwatches (SW1 and SW2).

Current Version
    Beta 1
    Beta 2
    Beta 3
    Beta 4 (just a bugfix release)

Feature Status

Create Android wear compatible android notifications for
    • Incoming Mails (Beta 1)
    • Incoming Textmessages (Beta 2)
    • Incoming Calls (Beta 1)
    • Pushbullet notes (Beta 2)
    • Calendar events (Beta 3)
    • BBM messages (Beta 3)

Create Sony smartwatch notifications for
    • Incoming Textmessages (Beta 2)
    • Incoming Calls (Beta 1)
    • Calendar events (Beta 3)
    • BBM messages (Beta 3)
    • Notifications created by other android apps (Beta 2)

!!!ATTENTION!!! <br>
    I can only detect if there was any kind of activity in your BBM account.
    So you get a notification even if you post a message yourself.
    Sorry for that but this is a limitation of the api :-(

Installation

The solution consists of 2 parts. A blackberry app in form of a .bar file and the android application in form of an apk file

1) The native blackberry app
    Please follow the instructions here How to Side Load apps on your BlackBerry 10 device for the installation itself.
    The application is automatically started after installing.
    The UI app is just for testing a notification

2) The android app
    Just copy the apk file to your device and execute it via the file manager.
    You should start the application once and go to settings (the three dotted line on top right corner).
    If you use a sony smartwatch then you should click "Blacklisted apps".
    If clicked for the first time this will send you to the "Notification Access" screen.
    You should check the checkbox for "NotificationDelegator" to allow it to grab notifications from other app.
    If it doesn't catch any notification you should restart your phone.
    Sorry for that but that happens sometimes due to an Android bug

Issue Reporting and feature requests
    Please use the **Issues** tab to file and track issues.
    Hi,

Since you are able to create Android Wear compatible notifications, what is missing to let send those notifications to Android Wear device? Is your project open source?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:20 AM
    Just in time. Will watch this thread to buy my next watch.
    02-24-15 09:50 AM
    Hi
    with new firmware ,i could install .bar and all work fine
    passport and sony smartwatch 2
    kwasi76 likes this.
    02-24-15 12:15 PM
    Hi,

Since you are able to create Android Wear compatible notifications, what is missing to let send those notifications to Android Wear device? Is your project open source?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that the android wear isn't working. Someone got an android wear device to pair with the BlackBerry and even patched the android wear app but still the device was not working

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:56 PM
    Hi
    with new firmware ,i could install .bar and all work fine
    passport and sony smartwatch 2
    How about double notification? It occur to u? My smartwatch sometimes didn't have notification from Bbm, email, etc, but other notification good.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:29 PM
    I have double notifications with sms and for mail (i’m going to try to check gmail in blacklistapps ).
    For bbm I dont’t test
    02-24-15 10:51 PM
    Hi everybody,

I did try to connect my android wear watch with BB10 some monthes ago without success. I managed to run android wear apk and it saw the watch, but initial process stopped prior to change hour in the watch so the watch became unusable.
    I've seen some of you have got success and there is even an app to send notifications to the watch.
    So, the question is:
    a) Is it true? Do you manage to pass through the initial process?
    b) Can you install apps into the watch installing its counterpart in the phone?
    c) Is weather working on the clock?
    Thank you very much.
    02-25-15 02:17 AM
    [INDENTHow about double notification? It occur to u? My smartwatch sometimes didn't have notification from Bbm, email, etc, but other notification good.[/INDENT]
    after 2 days, same problems : sometimes,my sony didn’t have notification .I’m going to try to restart the smartwatch
    02-25-15 11:14 AM
    The problem is that the android wear isn't working. Someone got an android wear device to pair with the BlackBerry and even patched the android wear app but still the device was not working

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

I did patch myself Android Wear and also installed Google Play Services and the app did pair with my LG G Watch R, but it was unable to communicate or felt like that because I couldn't install apps and the time shown was wrong.

However, why do we care if Android Wear doesn't work? Why can't we make our own native app ? What we need to figure out is what does the watch expect to receive and build a native app that communicates the same exact way.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:46 PM
    Many thanks
    It worked fine in my Blackberry Classic 10.3.1.2267 and sony smartwatch 2 but
    it vibration only one and time of notification ( screen on) is too short

how can i fix this problemp
    02-26-15 03:20 AM
    Will you be adding SW 3 to your compatible devices? When?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:13 AM
    Will you be adding SW 3 to your compatible devices? When?

Posted via CB10
    SW3 runs Android Wear, it will come along all other Android wear which is unlikely to happen right now sadly

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:29 AM
    @KWASI76
    Hi
    Do you continue to work on this project ?
    Actually, my greatest problem comes from notifications. On the bebinnig all seems Ok but after 7 or 8 notifications, no notifications anymore.I restart phone and/or smartwatch and it works again (for 7 or 8 notifications)...
    I'm ready to buy this app if it works.
    Thanks for your work
    (Always sorry for my poor english)
    03-03-15 12:56 AM
    My Z30 running 10.2.1.3062 and my Sony Smartband 2 both arrived this week. I've followed the instructions to load the.bar file, but get the following error message a few seconds into the process:
    • Install WearableCompanion-1_0_0_82.bar: failure 533 File is not a zip file

Has anyone else encountered this?
    03-06-15 03:49 PM
    Apologies. I'd right-clicked "Save link" in GitHub rather than opening and clicking the Download link. However, I now get the following error:
    Install WearableCompanion-1_0_0_82.bar: failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version
    I'm assuming this requires an update of my BB10 version. I received 10.2.1.3062 as an OTA when I first turned the phone on: is there a later build available? If so, can someone tell me where to download it?
    03-06-15 04:00 PM
    I've made some progress. I successfully sideloaded BB10.3.1, after which both the .bar and the.apk installed without a hitch. They seem able to talk with each other too. But the phone doesn't want to talk to the SmartBand SWR30.

My previous phone, an LG running Android 2.3.4, was able to pair and connect to the SmartBand SWR30 (although it couldn't do anything else). But while the Z30 recognises the SWR30 as an NFC device, Bluetooth doesn't find it.

At this point I thought it possible I might need some more Sony software. I installed SmartConnect, but that couldn't find the SWR30 either. I intended to look at a number of other Sony .apks, but the PlayStore didn't allow me to install them on the Z30.

Is there a part of the puzzle I'm missing? I don't understand why the Z30 won't recognise the Sony Smartband as a Bluetooth device. Perhaps the SWR30 just isn't compatible with the Wearable Companion software. What's the usual process for setting up a Sony Smartwatch once the .bar and .apk are installed?
    03-07-15 12:19 AM
    Hi
    well,I ’m going to explain what I’ve done .
    I have installed
    sw2 1.6.22 patched
    smart connect patched
    notificationdelegator 1.0..082 apk and bar
    it works fine with no native app.
    then ,I have installed aptoid (aalternative store for apk)
    I have installed k9mail.apk (to have notifications of all mail)
    I try to find an alternative app for sms
    03-08-15 04:06 AM
    Finally got everything running by signing the new apps. However Notification Delegator Pushbullet Receiver isnt running. Blackberry Receiver and System notification receiver is running correctly. This is on Blackberry passport. Still not getting any notifications unless they are system notifications. No emails, texts, etc.. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Maerlyn13; 03-11-15 at 11:09 PM.
    03-11-15 08:41 PM
    I'm grateful to the developer of these apps, who's provided a good guide to installing and testing them, but I'd welcome a step by step for using them.
    1. Once the Wearable Companion apps are installed, do I need to install any other apps?
    2. What exact steps do I take to connect my Sony Smart device to my phone?
    03-13-15 01:28 PM
124 12345