I have downloaded Netflix through a converter method from Google play store. It works fast and smooth up to viewing lists and navigation, but when I try to play a video, it just goes to the Netflix full screen and attempts to load the video but nothing happens.

I am able to go back and continue browsing shows, but videos just won't play.

If anyone has similar issues (or any Netflix related issues) and fixes, it would be nice to post them here.

Also post sources, versions and phone model numbers for those that got it working.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:16 AM
    I guess posting pics via the CB10 app doesn't work
    11-16-13 10:18 AM
    Which OS are you on?

If you're on 10.2.1.1055, then you should be fine with the latest APK, installed directly on your device.

If you're on 10.2.1.(less than 1055) or 10.2.0, then download this bar file: Download Netflix for your BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com and once installed, change the player type in the settings menu to Software.

If you're on 10.1.0.(anything), then you should be fine with converting the latest APK to bar via the debug token method.
    wolfee48 and chrisstanley1987 like this.
    11-16-13 10:21 AM
    Which OS are you on?

If you're on 10.2.1.1055, then you should be fine with the latest APK, installed directly on your device.

If you're on 10.2.1.(less than 1055) or 10.2.0, then download this bar file: Download Netflix for your BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com and once installed, change the player type in the settings menu to Software.

If you're on 10.1.0.(anything), then you should be fine with converting the latest APK to bar via the debug token method.
    Yes... this.
    11-16-13 10:33 AM
    I'm on 10.2.1.1055 using a STL-100-1.

The latest APK installs and runs fine until I try to play video.

I have restarted, deleted, re-installed and still the same issue.

One thing I noticed, is that when I uninstall the app using Apex Launcher, 1mobile still saw the app as being installed, no matter what I did. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue though.

Also, can not having an SD card installed prevent video from playing? Has anyone tried playing Netflix videos without an SD card?

I'm pretty much grasping at straws at this point.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:47 AM
    None of this is working for me. I'm on STL100-3, running 10.2.1.1055, and when I've loaded the APK, it goes through to the screen that says "initialising. please wait" and then it just crashes. Every time.
    Some of my reloads since the upgrade are working great from loaded APKs: Instagram, Snapchat, Google Maps...they all seem to be working. But a lot of others (Netflix, Chrome, Plants vs. Zombies 2, etc.) either don't even open, or open partway and then just hang and crash. Is it my phone? Or are other people having similar issues?
    11-16-13 05:26 PM
    These netflix problems usually have something to do with how the user installed 10.2.1.

If you restored from backup, certain sediments of data is what probably are causing the issues.
    11-17-13 01:53 PM
    Topic title makes me feel this is the right place for general Netflix questions. So here goes:
    Is there any way on my Q10 to force movies to play Fullscreen through HDMI output?
    I did not find any settings in the app/system settings, hoping there is some tweak for the Android runtime?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-17-13 01:58 PM
    These netflix problems usually have something to do with how the user installed 10.2.1.

If you restored from backup, certain sediments of data is what probably are causing the issues.
    Yes, I restored to get my settings, contacts, etc. back after I updated. So is there a workaround here?
    11-17-13 05:25 PM
    Yes, I restored to get my settings, contacts, etc. back after I updated. So is there a workaround here?
    Did you have an older version of netflix before?
    11-17-13 05:33 PM
    I've installed on 10.2 7 set player to software & it's playing perfectly.
    11-18-13 03:44 PM
    I had the older version of Netflix, I restored from backup (not app data though) I downloaded Netflix through 1mobile.
    It works fine.
    Just trying to help eliminate some variables here.
    11-18-13 08:19 PM
    Did you have an older version of netflix before?
    I had a version that I had sideloaded back in September when I first got my Z10. It was removed with the fresh 10.2.1. update, but maybe there was still some code left behind (or was put back onto it with my restore) that's messing with things?
    11-19-13 06:11 PM