Hi,

I am happy to have NavFree from the BlackBerry World but now NavFree is renamed to NavMii and have a brand new user interface and I would really like to get it to work. Sadly, Navmii gets stuck on startup screen.

Does anyone know if it can be fixed?

Thanks you

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:33 PM
    Hi,

I am happy to have NavFree from the BlackBerry World but now NavFree is renamed to NavMii and have a brand new user interface and I would really like to get it to work. Sadly, Navmii gets stuck on startup screen.

Does anyone know if it can be fixed?

Thanks you

Posted via CB10
    navmii won't work. I tried patching it, downloading navfree and updating it to navmii through google play

much like Here maps, it's a no go
    03-22-15 01:03 PM
    navmii won't work. I tried patching it, downloading navfree and updating it to navmii through google play

much like Here maps, it's a no go
    Same sadly.. can we have a logcat or something which could help figure out what fails, if there is an exception thrown or anything

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:18 PM
    Same sadly.. can we have a logcat or something which could help figure out what fails, if there is an exception thrown or anything

Posted via CB10
    that would be cool if there was. The only thing you can do really is mess around with it on lucky
    James St-Pierre likes this.
    03-22-15 11:42 PM
    My problem with NavFree is that it never finds an address via search. And therefore it won't work for me.
    mnc76 likes this.
    03-24-15 02:29 PM
    My problem with NavFree is that it never finds an address via search. And therefore it won't work for me.
    When you search for an adress, select Google and I swear it will find the adress I had the same problem at first but when I found the search could be done by Google, all went flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 08:06 AM
    The only downside of that is that you will need an Internet connection, otherwise it will not work. The Navfree search itself could be better, but it does find streets and addresses, while not needing an Internet connection.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    03-25-15 01:19 PM
    Navfree has the worst search feature without using data

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    03-25-15 07:44 PM
    Yup.

I had the Android app Maps.ME Pro installed, and then deleted it when I found NavFree (since it's native).

But I was shocked to find that it was completely useless on the road. Had to stop at a Starbucks and download Maps.ME Pro again.

(FYI: I was in New Zealand at the time and had bought a pay-as-you-go SIM with almost no data, hence why I was using offline maps)

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    03-25-15 07:53 PM
    The only downside of that is that you will need an Internet connection, otherwise it will not work. The Navfree search itself could be better, but it does find streets and addresses, while not needing an Internet connection.

Posted via CB10
    But I found that I could not do a search for many cities in NavFree, even though they were on the maps I downloaded. Specifically, I couldn't do a search for just "Rotorua" (in New Zealand), I think NavFree needed a specific address in there.

In Maps.ME Pro, I could just search for 'Rotorua' and it would map to the city centre, no problems.

03-25-15 07:59 PM
    Navfree definitively search fine if you input the postal code (or zip code) only. Can't tell why it doesn't support well full adresses

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 08:48 PM
    It's a shame search is so bad, because NavFree's user interface is really awesome.

03-26-15 05:55 AM
    It's a shame search is so bad, because NavFree's user interface is really awesome.

As I said, use Zip Code and it's alright

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:57 PM
    As I said, use Zip Code and it's alright

Posted via CB10
    Still would have been a problem as I didn't know the correct New Zealand city postal codes and had no Internet connectivity to find them.

03-30-15 12:19 PM
    I have same problem with Navfree search, could not find many places at Egypt, before its search feature was working fine, now not working at all, as i mentioned at my city Cairo, Egypt...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 08:04 PM
    I still have Navfree, never tried Navmii. I would like an updated Italy map but I don't know where to get it, here Navmii - OpenStreetMap Wiki it says only uk and Usa are free, is that correct? Are you guys all still using Navfree then?
    10-17-15 06:38 AM