I'm reluctantly moving to two generic Android handsets with paid-for Hub+ access.

Are there any existing threads with recommended settings to give as close an experience to the OS10 Hub as possible?

I'm guessing things like - for instance - turning off notifications for native email/SMS etc. and only using Hub+ equivalents
    11-12-17 08:00 AM
    Outside of turning off notifications for other apps, not really sure what you're looking to adjust. It's all pretty self-explanatory, set it up and use it. There's not much to it and there isn't a ton of options to choose from to make it any more BB10 like.. Hub is Hub, you just use it.
    11-13-17 05:05 PM
    Also, if you're using the Hub, you won't really need any other email app. So there would not be any other notifications to turn off. Most android phones have Gmail included, and some manufacturers may have their own default email app. Samsung includes one that isn't that bad, I just like the Hub better. Just don't set them up with any accounts and even delete them if you wish. Gmail, for example, is gone from my phone.

As for SMS, well, the Hub doesn't have its own messaging, so you'll need to keep the notification settings for that app. The Hub can display the message notification in the account tab list, but it doesn't control the notifications and just links back to whatever messaging app you use. I'm using the default Samsung messaging app on my S8. Though, many here swear by Textra.
    11-13-17 06:10 PM
    Yeah don't bother with Gmail. I actually prefer having my app notifications in the notification tray.
    11-13-17 07:07 PM