Hi,
    Can anybody guide me how to run email on microsoft outlook 365 as currently installed through BB world is not functioning???

Posted via CB10
    11-07-18 08:30 PM
    You don't need the Outlook app to support Office 365. The Hub will work just fine. If you add the account, it should just be able to configure it correctly, unless you've added two-factor authentication, in which case you'll need to add an app password for it to be able to connect.
    11-08-18 03:13 PM
    Hi,
    Can anybody guide me how to run email on microsoft outlook 365 as currently installed through BB world is not functioning???

Posted via CB10
    +1 for rthonpm here shakir. Blackberry 10 supports ActiveSync, which is the same protocol Microsoft uses to sync Office 365 information to all mobile devices. I use it myself and it works perfectly.
    11-09-18 04:44 PM
    Sir,
    Thanks for your guidance but to further elaborate I have received the message from my work company as mentioned below..

Device or Client not approved. Please use the Microsoft Outlook mobile app for iOS or Android.

Your device won't be able to synchronize with the server via Exchange ActiveSync because of an access policy defined on the server.

Information about your device:

Device model:Passport SQW100-4
    Device type:BlackBerry
    Device ID:BB2C343872
    Device OS:BlackBerry 10
    Device user agent:RIM-Passport-SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    Device IMEI:357917061087726
    Exchange ActiveSync version:14.1
    Device access state:Blocked
    Device access state reason:Global....

Please guide in this scenario.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-18 08:21 PM
    Sir,
    Thanks for your guidance but to further elaborate I have received the message from my work company as mentioned below..

Device or Client not approved. Please use the Microsoft Outlook mobile app for iOS or Android.

Your device won't be able to synchronize with the server via Exchange ActiveSync because of an access policy defined on the server.

Information about your device:

Device model:Passport SQW100-4
    Device type:BlackBerry
    Device ID:BB2C343872
    Device OS:BlackBerry 10
    Device user agent:RIM-Passport-SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    Device IMEI:357917061087726
    Exchange ActiveSync version:14.1
    Device access state:Blocked
    Device access state reason:Global....

Please guide in this scenario.

Posted via CB10
    I would suggest talking to whoever manages your corporate IT, as that indicates that they have put a whitelisting policy in place. It is not that Office 365 does not work with Blackberry 10; it's that your IT administrators have actively decided to block it.

If they seem amenable to allowing Blackberry 10 but believe there actually are security concerns, please feel free to put them in touch with me and I will try and convince them otherwise. I am an IT Consultant of longstanding and manage an Office 365 environment to which my Z30 connects with no trouble or security concerns whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-18 09:36 PM
    It sounds as if your company is taking a stand on the side of caution by only permitting the Outlook mail client, which is manageable through Office365's Intune MDM. That's certainly understandable that they would want to limit third-party mail clients from accessing your email.

You could try installing the Outlook app through the Amazon app store if it's available in your country. There are other methods available, but your company may blacklist installing apps from non-approved sources. You also run the risk with Amazon of only having an older version of the app available.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 04:49 PM
    Thanks,but I no outlook app is available or if available on BB world but doesn't support.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-18 06:55 AM
    Please send or suggest link therefore to runn outlook app shamelessly.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-18 07:52 AM
    Seamlessly

Posted via CB10
    11-26-18 09:16 AM
    Hi,
    Also received below mentioned message..

Upon checking your app logs, your device isn't OS is not supported. Minimum Android version is 4.4 or higher, yours is currently 4.3. Also, the Outlook app latest version is 2.2.248 or higher. You cannot install or update the app, if you have an old android version of 4.3. You will want to contact your Device manufacturer to help you update your android version to 4.4 or higher and then, update the outlook app version by going to your play app, type in 'outlook', tap on 'update'. We highly recommend that you install the updated version to avoid any issues from the older version of the App.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-18 06:18 AM
    Hi,
    Also received below mentioned message..

Upon checking your app logs, your device isn't OS is not supported. Minimum Android version is 4.4 or higher, yours is currently 4.3. Also, the Outlook app latest version is 2.2.248 or higher. You cannot install or update the app, if you have an old android version of 4.3. You will want to contact your Device manufacturer to help you update your android version to 4.4 or higher and then, update the outlook app version by going to your play app, type in 'outlook', tap on 'update'. We highly recommend that you install the updated version to avoid any issues from the older version of the App.

Posted via CB10
    I'm no IT guy, but I believe you've hit the infamous wall of ART limitation due to BB10 forever stuck at ART 4.3 with everyone moving on to ART 4.4 or higher as minimum requirements.
    12-04-18 06:28 AM
    Solution please

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 10:28 AM
    Solution please

Posted via CB10
    Shakir, you're going to need to talk to your corporate IT. Again, there is no problem with Blackberry 10 here; it is simply that your IT department has decided to block it. There is no security reason to do this; it is likely simple misunderstanding about what Blackberry 10 is and how it works.

Have you been able to discuss this with your corporate IT?
    12-11-18 10:32 AM
    Yes I spoke but they replied no issue from their end.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 10:45 AM
    Yes I spoke but they replied no issue from their end.

Posted via CB10
    They specifically said they allow Blackberry 10 devices to connect via ActiveSync?
    12-11-18 11:14 AM
    But now active sync is no more supported for which they have informed and now only way out to run email would be through microsoft outlook 365 mail App.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 11:17 AM
    But now active sync is no more supported for which they have informed and now only way out to run email would be through microsoft outlook 365 mail App.

Posted via CB10
    So let me see if I understand this: they are saying ActiveSync is not supported for ANY device? In other words, even if you had an iPhone you would not be able to use ActiveSync, according to these guys?

(I would specifically ask that question were I you.)
    12-11-18 11:19 AM
    Yes Sir

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 11:21 AM
    Yes Sir

Posted via CB10
    Forgive the redundancy here shakir, but just to confirm: you specifically asked them whether you could use ActiveSync if you had an iPhone and they said you could not?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 11:29 AM
    Sorry,I have just checked on my IPad, rather active sync is allowed to run the mail with the help of new server mymail1.gsk.com.
    Also these settings are installed by the profile GSK Mail -MS Exchange/V_5'

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 11:35 AM
    Sorry,I have just checked on my IPad, rather active sync is allowed to run the mail with the help of new server mymail1.gsk.com.
    Also these settings are installed by the profile GSK Mail -MS Exchange/V_5'

Posted via CB10
    Ah...that's what I thought. So what error do you get on your BB10 device when trying to add your work e-mail account?
    12-11-18 12:49 PM
    I get message..."The user is configured to allow only some devices to sync and this is not an allowed device "

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 08:54 PM
    I get message..."The user is configured to allow only some devices to sync and this is not an allowed device "

Posted via CB10
    Your IT is blocking BB10 shakir. Again, have you specifically asked them whether they are blocking Blackberry 10 devices?

Please forgive the redundancy but either they are stonewalling you or we have a language barrier. (Or possibly both.)

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 09:03 PM
    Ok! Let me have a chat again with IT.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 09:16 PM
    Ok! Let me have a chat again with IT.

Posted via CB10
    Great; let me know how it goes. As I've mentioned in other threads I'm an IT consultant myself who actively manages Office 365 and there is absolutely no reason to block BB10 devices other than simple misunderstanding. I'd be happy to get into the technical weeds with your IT if it will help.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 09:19 PM
26 12