Windows Phone 8 and Android are super smooth while cloud syncing so don't think that's the issue. The most probable and obvious answer is that OneNote needs to optimized for BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:14 AM
    Windows Phone 8 and Android are super smooth while cloud syncing so don't think that's the issue. The most probable and obvious answer is that OneNote needs to optimized for BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    Once it finishes syncing it's fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:31 PM
    I have the version that was on Snap (which also has inking/drawing capability). It's still "sticky" even after syncing. Maybe Amazon has a different version?

On another note, I went to the Amazon app store and OneNote was not listed available for my device. Maybe it detected my Android version?

Hoping for an official release or announcement from Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:00 PM
    OneNote from snap does not work on my Passport (with latest OS). The app crashes when I try to 'sign in.'

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 08:50 PM
    Which OS are you running? Only 10.3.1 runs OneNote. The version that came with the Passport (and the online update) are not sufficient. You have to manually update your OS to the latest version.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-09-14 12:23 AM
    I have the version that was on Snap (which also has inking/drawing capability). It's still "sticky" even after syncing. Maybe Amazon has a different version?

On another note, I went to the Amazon app store and OneNote was not listed available for my device. Maybe it detected my Android version?

Hoping for an official release or announcement from Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    What official release/announcement are you looking for from Microsoft? Official BlackBerry 10 support? If so I am fairly confident there won't be any as they done see BlackBerry as a major player in the mobile device market.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-09-14 06:33 AM
    You never know what Microsoft is up to. They are recently on a roll with cross platform enthusiasm (adding DropBox service as a service, free Office for IOS and Android, etc. )

Agree that there is nothing imminent. However as BlackBerry is targeting Enterprises which usually subscribe to Microsoft services, maybe we'll get lucky. There's also a Microsoft OneNote Blog which had a large poll recently. BlackBerry support was by far the number one request.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:40 AM
    You have a link to that poll data?
    11-10-14 08:49 AM
    Sure, here you go:

https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums...for-blackberry

Believe you could sort on votes before (showing 8,000+ votes currently)

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-11-14 02:41 AM
    Thanks. I voted. Last reply from Admin said no plans for a native app. However that was in July. Votes still coming in. Maybe we can change their mind.
    11-11-14 07:51 AM
    FYI there is a OneNote update in the Google Play store. Was able to update via Snap

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:51 PM
    How is it working?
    11-13-14 08:00 AM
    May be my imagination but OneNote does appear to run smoother. Less lag when moving around a page. Think it's worth the download.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:22 AM
    You on 10.2 or 10.3?
    11-14-14 08:41 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1 which I assume you need to be if you want to run OneNote on BlackBerry.

OneNote is working but there are a few pages that still won't sync. Not sure why but the pages are more graphic intensive than others. Perhaps that's the reason?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:58 AM
    I'm using 10.3.0. Why would I have to manually install an OS update?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 08:20 PM
    I'm using leaked os 1151 and loaded with ms onenote via snap. It works!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:20 AM
    I'm using 10.3.0. Why would I have to manually install an OS update?

Posted via CB10
    Because it only runs with 10.3.1+ and that update is not available as a regular update via carrier. You can grab the OS in the forums and install it manually. You don't HAVE TO, it's just necessary for using OneNote on your BlackBerry.

Tapatalked with a BlackBerry
    11-25-14 06:43 AM
    I'm interested in having OneNote on Blackberry as well. I do see that it is being reported to work on 10.3.1, but my question is around whether it would work and connect to my employer's network (i'm connected to the employer BES)? I have a feeling that since this won't be loaded in the "workspace" it won't be able to access it, but thought I would verify.
    11-26-14 02:08 PM
    I'm interested in having OneNote on Blackberry as well. I do see that it is being reported to work on 10.3.1, but my question is around whether it would work and connect to my employer's network (i'm connected to the employer BES)? I have a feeling that since this won't be loaded in the "workspace" it won't be able to access it, but thought I would verify.
    From within OneNote on your desktop, set it up to sync your notebooks to your OneDrive that comes with your Microsoft account. Then login to OneNote on your BB using the same account and it will auto sync all changes back and forth without needing access to your corporate network.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    11-29-14 09:59 PM
    Just got an email from MS confirming they've reviewed converting One Note Android to BB10 and have decided not to do so. Totally lame and probably untrue as to their explanation - difficulty, required resources, etc. Here's the precise wording:

"Under Review → Declined

Thanks for expressing your support for a BlackBerry version of OneNote. Our engineers have investigated the possibility of releasing the Android version of OneNote on BlackBerry, and unfortunately, it appears that will be difficult to do—we were hoping it would be easy to get OneNote for Android running on BB10, but that hasn’t been the case. Given our current priorities, and the work required to do this, we can’t commit to doing this for the foreseeable future. Sorry for the bad news, but we wanted to be clear about where we’re at and that we did investigate the possibility of doing this.

Omeed Chandra
    Omeed Chandra
    Program Manager, OneNote Team"
    12-11-14 03:45 PM
    I just got it too.
    12-11-14 03:48 PM
    I received the same message from Microsoft about OneNote for BlackBerry 10. I guess 9,327 votes is not enough for MS to invest the resources to make it happen.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    12-11-14 03:56 PM
    At least they gave us an answer. Being ignored is worse.
    12-12-14 09:09 AM
    I emailed Omeed letting them know OneNote (at least the one from Amazon) works with 10.3.1. They forwarded my email email on to someone else who asked me some more questions. It appears they only tried it with 10.2.1 because that's what's released for most BlackBerry users.

I'm hoping they make some sort of announcement once 10.3.1 hits the streets, but even if they don't it will still work fine for us.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    Tim-ANC and sjwpenney like this.
    12-13-14 08:45 PM
116 ... 2345