I would like to know the differences between the following methods of unistalling Android apps in terms of delete associated data or cache, etc:

1: from home screen/desktop icon, and remove
    2: from BB Settings, Device Monitor, Storage, "app", delete
    3: Ghost Commander; apps,"app",Manage, Uninstall
    3: from any android utility app, and delete

Regarding Natives apps, if there are some differences i am also interested in this info
    Last edited by dpgo; 10-11-15 at 07:28 AM.
    TSY-CB likes this.
    10-11-15 07:01 AM
    I would like to know the differences between the following methods of unistalling Android apps in terms of delete associated data or cache, etc:

Regarding Natives apps, if there are some differences i am also interested in this info

#1 just deletes the icon/shortcut, not the app itself.

The rest should be relatively equivalent, though BlackBerry most likely does not "officially" support any but #2.

I have found cases where using Android utilities did not work, this is probably something to do with the unique attributes of the BlackBerry Android runtime.
    10-12-15 02:20 AM

#1 removes icon only
    #2 baked-in Amazon app does NOT have delete option
    #3 & #4 last thing I want is ANOTHER Android app

My solution - use Chrome plug-in w. device in developer mode, still requires removal of "permanent" status, using plug-in, after which it happily uninstalls the app. Haven't noticed any side-effects of not having baked-in Amazon app, 'cept increased battery life - booyah!

There're two native BlackBerry apps for both eBay & Amazon called "Search For..." I'ma take native over ports any day of the week inc Sunday.

SQC 100-3 | 10.3.2.2789 ...... I WANT my Q10 back!!
    11-07-15 04:48 PM
    Thanks TSY

After a short trial, I decided stop using Amazon apps, so I uninstalled it.

So when I want an android app I install it on an android device and after it I extract the file apk and transfer it to BB.

for free apps, I use f-droid app and repository (aka store) directly in BlackBerry, and as most free apps are not using Google services they work perfectly in BB.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 09:57 AM
    So when I want an android app I install it on an android device and after it I extract the file apk and transfer it to BB.

The problem with that method is that Gplay often customizes the version of the app it delivers based on the device making the request. So you may end up with APK versions that are either not optimized for the device you're using (BlackBerry BB10 device in this case), or actually incompatible.

for free apps, I use f-droid app and repository (aka store) directly in BlackBerry, and as most free apps are not using Google services they work perfectly in BB.
    I have found the variety of apps available via F-Droid to be extremely small - few hundred last I checked, maybe 1,000 at the absolute most - whereas Gplay has between 1.5 to 2 million apps. Totally disagree that "most free apps" don't use Google services, and even if they didn't, that doesn't mean that they would be available on F-Droid. F-Droid only offers open source apps, which are actually quite a small proportion of the apps you see on Gplay.

Fine if all you care about are apps like VLC (not even Firefox now, F-Droid has decided it's not 'pure' enough for them), but not very practical for most non-OSS-purists.
    11-11-15 11:39 PM
    What I meant by free was free as freedom not free as free beer (gratis)

Firefox is still available, and yes maybe F-droid people are very strict when they complain about FF because few parts or addons are not opensource.

Anyway there are some good software available, comparable in quality with software in play, but without the problems of many software in play, such as price, plenty of ads or doing bad things in background.

Of course play and f-droid are not in the same league, but in my opinion f-droid is a required app.

A few examples, K9, FireFox, vlc, some file explorers, system tools,...
    Last edited by dpgo; 11-16-15 at 02:25 PM.
    11-16-15 02:11 PM
    VLC and Firefox are cool but they threatened to remove FF months ago, I guess they backtracked on that.

K9 was stagnant for months, maybe even years, I think it finally got an update a couple months back. Really the F-droid selection is microscopic, something like 1,000 times smaller than Gplay. That is not a trivial differential.

The next app store I'm going to check out is Aptoide.. couldn't run it under BB10 because it has a hard call to the default Android APK installer which doesn't work on BB10 and I don't yet know if I can change that. Supposed to be largest 3rd-party app store in Europe, has some nice features, decent quantity of app reviews, better search engine than Gplay and vastly more apps than F-Droid. And probably the apps from there are free from Gplay dependencies, big plus.
    11-23-15 07:54 PM
    I have a problem uninstalling an android app.

In brief, I patched an android app Wikiloc 2.7.1 because its dependencies with google maps services.

Now I want to uninstall, and I tried to do it from ghost commander, file expert, lucky patcher uninstall,..

But always the uninstall process is cancelled and also it seems that the runtime or something is stopped because opening an android app shows a green or yellow loading line in the middle of screen.

Also I used the delete button from BlackBerry desktop, and now the app doesn't appear in device monitor, but the apps is still available in the android side.

Any idea? I suppose the following question would be common to any android devices, is there any way to manually uninstall an android app? I mean using file explorer or something else.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dpgo; 02-26-16 at 12:18 PM.
    02-26-16 12:04 PM
    How to download F Droid

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 12:16 PM
    I have a problem uninstalling an android app.

In brief, I patched an android app Wikiloc 2.7.1 because its dependencies with google maps services.

Now I want to uninstall, and I tried to do it from ghost commander, file expert, lucky patcher uninstall,..

But always the uninstall process is cancelled and also it seems that the runtime or something is stopped because opening an android app shows a green or yellow loading line in the middle of screen.

Also I used the delete button from BlackBerry desktop, and now the app doesn't appear in device monitor, but the apps is still available in the android side.

Any idea? I suppose the following question would be common to any android devices, is there any way to manually uninstall an android app? I mean using file explorer or something else.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry pushed a new Android Runtime in BBW to correct the problem.
    02-26-16 12:50 PM
    Thanks Conite,
    How can i know which version of runtime I have installed?
    I have installed the so update 10.3.2836
    Am I suppose to have the last runtime?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 05:25 PM
    Thanks Conite,
    How can i know which version of runtime I have installed?
    I have installed the so update 10.3.2836
    Am I suppose to have the last runtime?

Posted via CB10
    If you are on OS2876 (sw2836), you have the broken Runtime. You must update with BBW.
    02-28-16 12:24 AM
    I see that it is a common issue
    Anyway, I spent some time in blackberry and I couldn't find this updated runtime,
    are they publishing only for some countries?
    Any trick to force the update?
    Any link?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 09:27 AM
    I see that it is a common issue
    Anyway, I spent some time in blackberry and I couldn't find this updated runtime,
    are they publishing only for some countries?
    Any trick to force the update?
    Any link?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now
    02-28-16 09:49 AM
    Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 10:40 AM
    From bb10 I clicked to your link, installed, reboot and everything works fine

Note: the bbw link doesn't show a page from a computer

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 12:44 PM