Hi, basically i'm looking for some help with this app. I installed the app as soon as I read that the application was working with the o.s 10.3.

The app, worked fine for a while I could make and receive calls, the app even rings when somebody calls me.

But for some reason, the app won't receive calls anymore. I tried to update the app, didn't work. Instead of that, Magicjack seems to star pending on Google play services.

I thought that was the problem. I managed to patch the app with lucky patch to remove dependencies. I've had installed cobalt's files as well, but nothing seems to work to make the app works fine again.

If someone have a solution or an idea to help me with this, please let me know.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:09 AM
    Unfortunetly, 'patching google player services' is a bit of a misnomer.. what this process does it attempt to prevent the app from just shutting down when it learns google play services are not present, but it does not actually replicate these services. For apps where the google play services really aren't necessary for the uses we have for the them thats fine. But if an app actually relies on these services to execute it's function.. no amount of patching will get it to work without them.

If the developer has changed the way the app communicates and it now needs google play services then it's an app that just won't work on BB10 anymore. You can try looking online for an older version of the app from before the change.. that could work, but it's also possible whatever api that old app connected to is no longer there at all.
    12-05-14 02:18 PM
    Actually I patched the app and is no asking anymore for Google play services. I found that in my magic jack account the app that is install was turn off, I don't know why but I just activated it again and started to recieve calls again.

Sometimes the app says "Google services stop working" but I just click OK and the app keeps working.

So any one who wants to install the app in 10.3 os go ahead. It will work

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    12-06-14 01:51 PM
    Actually I patched the app and is no asking anymore for Google play services. I found that in my magic jack account the app that is install was turn off, I don't know why but I just activated it again and started to recieve calls again.

Sometimes the app says "Google services stop working" but I just click OK and the app keeps working.

So any one who wants to install the app in 10.3 os go ahead. It will work

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for following up with your issue. Glad to hear that it still works.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:57 PM
    Yes, I'm glad too. I use the app a lot because of my job. I live in Colombia but I work with a freight forwarder located in Miami so I have to keep in touch with the office in Miami all the time.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:00 PM