Not sure if anyone cares but I have sideloaded working versions of:

Vancouver Canucks Mobile
    Baltimore Ravens Mobile
    can you post links to the BARs?
    02-11-13 12:21 PM
    Whatsapp is working! Just sideloaded it to my phone. Also can anyone try out NBA app?
    What happened to 'Whatsapp guy'? One post and he's outta here?
    02-11-13 12:24 PM
    What happened to 'Whatsapp guy'? One post and he's outta here?
    lmao. for real.

I will try to search for a working one.
    02-11-13 12:27 PM
    I have successfully side loaded:

WhatsApp (no contacts showing, but it's fine if they start a conversation with you. Also have to leave running in the background to get notifications.)

Doodle Jump (works perfectly)

KeepSafe (works perfectly)

Tumblr (works perfectly)

Facebook messenger (no notifications)

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 12:29 PM
    If some kind person could test Pageonce, I'd be grateful.
    02-11-13 12:42 PM
    Its incredible the amount of .bars that don't work , or half work and crash ...

Luckily I don't really mind install/check/delete. I do batches of say 10 at a time , try them and then immediately delete non-working ones. I've found a few decent ones recently that are helpful ...

Poynt (didn't think it would be useful , but it auto-opens maps/navigation when you click to find a place which is cool)
    Phases of the moon (simple but effective. Really good moon phase indicator)
    Kijiji (like a big ole yardsale)
    Ubuntu One (quirky but it workee , 5 gigs free storage)
    Evernote (but will I eve use it , traveling soon so maybe)
    Kik messenger (sorry RIM , this the only way to talk to a few family members , glad it works)
    Frostwire (wouldn't use this on roaming data , just at home or wifi)
    AndFTP (works great)
    AndSMB (works but havent tried it)
    Gobooks (its a Go ...)
    Ebay (why not)
    Stumbleupon
    Pintrest
    Google Sky Map

Have you found any android apps that work on the z-10 recently that you find decent ? I'd love to hear what people have recently added that fully work.
    02-11-13 12:56 PM
    lmao. for real.

I will try to search for a working one.
    OK. I did some digging (wasn't too hard) and found this. WhatsApp : BlackBerry 10 Bars
    I loaded it and it appears to work. I don't have any Whatsapp contacts at the moment to test its functionality.
    List of sideloaded apps working on BB10!-img_00000083_zps816ca46d.jpg

List of sideloaded apps working on BB10!-img_00000091_zps8c025e0e.jpg

More screenshots in my photobucket
    WhatsApp Photos by pmccartneyphotos | Photobucket

Edit: btw, trying to download Amazon Kindle from the link on the 1st page requests the user to enter a description key.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!dAEHTQJb!JdJcEW...DMmS6iKmVgNhYg
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-11-13 at 02:57 PM.
    azndoodle and molson0 like this.
    02-11-13 01:47 PM
    oovoo works
    Is this based on the bar that was circulating for the playbook or something new you've converted?
    02-11-13 02:20 PM
    i tried KAKAO TALK from your list and i get a Force Close Error
    02-11-13 02:20 PM
    Sure, how?

I just downloaded the apk and then uploaded it to apk2bar.unker.net

Then re downloaded from there a then side loaded.

02-11-13 03:15 PM
    here is a bar for Kobo ... not sure if it works (I did not test it)

http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/00/e9/2...v1.0.405.0.bar
    i will test this out as soon as i get home from work tonight!! Thank You!!!
    02-11-13 03:19 PM
    @ehchtu

would you be able to get the new york rangers app too?? from one hockey fan to another ;-) ...go canucks go! :-)
    02-11-13 03:22 PM
    Trillian (works perfectly)
    Dropbox (perfect, including camera upload)

Amazon MP3 (a bit slow, otherwise fine)
    02-11-13 03:26 PM
    Edit: btw, trying to download Amazon Kindle from the link on the 1st page requests the user to enter a description key.
    try the other version.

Sure, how?

I just downloaded the apk and then uploaded it to apk2bar.unker.net

Then re downloaded from there a then side loaded.

yea, that should work
    pmccartney likes this.
    02-11-13 03:29 PM
    try the other version.
    How did I miss that there are 2? - time for some new spectacles.
    2nd link download works a runs smoothly on the Z10
    Thanks
    02-11-13 03:33 PM
    How did I miss that there are 2? - time for some new spectacles.
    2nd link download works a runs smoothly on the Z10
    Thanks
    NP. i will delete the first since you are the second to comment. Thanks for letting me know.
    02-11-13 03:53 PM
    @ehchtu

would you be able to get the new york rangers app too?? from one hockey fan to another ;-) ...go canucks go! :-)
    Yeah, I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

Cheers.

MsBrittz1016 likes this.
    02-11-13 04:55 PM
    OK. I did some digging (wasn't too hard) and found this. WhatsApp : BlackBerry 10 Bars
    I loaded it and it appears to work. I don't have any Whatsapp contacts at the moment to test its functionality.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000083_zps816ca46d.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	135354

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000091_zps8c025e0e.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	135355

More screenshots in my photobucket
    WhatsApp Photos by pmccartneyphotos | Photobucket

were you able to verify your number?
    02-11-13 05:45 PM
    Anybody look into the TD Bank app?
    02-11-13 06:32 PM
    Hey guys.

I managed to get a minor but useful app working. Basically I was looking for a clock that would give the same effect as bedside mode in BB10 that would stay on all night but that wouldn't override my notifications. To that end I started grabbing random clocks from google play that seemed to offer what I was looking for to see which would work and which would be able to keep the screen alive all night. To my joy, one of the first that I tried did exactly what I wanted. It's simply called 'NightClock' and conveniently is a free app. Sideload it same way as anything else.

The BAR is available here: com.gubbel.nightclock.free_v1.0.50.0.bar I'm not sure which file hosters offer decent service, but the link seems to be working and someone else can put it up in a more permanent home.

***For doing settings, you'll need to open the task bar and pin it open because you need the back button but once its set up you can hide it***

For bedside-mode like effects, you'll need to open preferences with the three dots on the right of the taskbar, then press the button when it opens. From there go to 'screen timeout', and check 'disable lockscreen' and 'disable dimming' (unknown if these would do anything but y'know) then in 'screen timout' select never. That will keep the clock on screen forever. You can set the clock display to any colour and brightness in 'clock settings'; I'm a fan of setting it to exactly like bedside mode with red and the brightness set to about 70. Since BB10 doesn't 'dim' as such, you need to set the brightness exactly how you want it to be when in use. The screen saver function does work if you want to use it, it just bounces the time up and down. Not sure if its worth it but I figure why take the risk of damaging the screen? The alarm inside the program does work, and it has the capability to set multiple alarms whenever you want them, however you will be stuck just with one alarm tone and its loudness is totally dependent on the system volume. For some of you that'll be great, but for me (who listens to audio books to get to sleep) it's not great because the volume is always down low. Alternatively, you can use the BB10 clocks alarm, and that works fine too with the popup appearing over the top. A notable difference between using this clock and bedside mode is that it will NOT engage the lock no matter how long its left open for. For some of you that might be an issue, but personally I like it. My phone is currently sleeping in my 9800's unofficial charging dock, which doesn't have the end bits so both my Z10 and my PB will happily sit on it, but it does mean my Z10 is in landscape while its being an alarm clock. That in turn means that its REALLY hard to put the password in without taking it off the dock, which in turn makes checking notifications time consuming.
    02-11-13 07:00 PM
    Hey guys.

I managed to get a minor but useful app working. Basically I was looking for a clock that would give the same effect as bedside mode in BB10 that would stay on all night but that wouldn't override my notifications. To that end I started grabbing random clocks from google play that seemed to offer what I was looking for to see which would work and which would be able to keep the screen alive all night. To my joy, one of the first that I tried did exactly what I wanted. It's simply called 'NightClock' and conveniently is a free app. Sideload it same way as anything else.

The BAR is available here: com.gubbel.nightclock.free_v1.0.50.0.bar I'm not sure which file hosters offer decent service, but the link seems to be working and someone else can put it up in a more permanent home.

***For doing settings, you'll need to open the task bar and pin it open because you need the back button but once its set up you can hide it***

For bedside-mode like effects, you'll need to open preferences with the three dots on the right of the taskbar, then press the button when it opens. From there go to 'screen timeout', and check 'disable lockscreen' and 'disable dimming' (unknown if these would do anything but y'know) then in 'screen timout' select never. That will keep the clock on screen forever. You can set the clock display to any colour and brightness in 'clock settings'; I'm a fan of setting it to exactly like bedside mode with red and the brightness set to about 70. Since BB10 doesn't 'dim' as such, you need to set the brightness exactly how you want it to be when in use. The screen saver function does work if you want to use it, it just bounces the time up and down. Not sure if its worth it but I figure why take the risk of damaging the screen? The alarm inside the program does work, and it has the capability to set multiple alarms whenever you want them, however you will be stuck just with one alarm tone and its loudness is totally dependent on the system volume. For some of you that'll be great, but for me (who listens to audio books to get to sleep) it's not great because the volume is always down low. Alternatively, you can use the BB10 clocks alarm, and that works fine too with the popup appearing over the top. A notable difference between using this clock and bedside mode is that it will NOT engage the lock no matter how long its left open for. For some of you that might be an issue, but personally I like it. My phone is currently sleeping in my 9800's unofficial charging dock, which doesn't have the end bits so both my Z10 and my PB will happily sit on it, but it does mean my Z10 is in landscape while its being an alarm clock. That in turn means that its REALLY hard to put the password in without taking it off the dock, which in turn makes checking notifications time consuming.
    try the Cassandra app that I posted. it will give you a clock with weather and news... although the numbers may be a bit small bc it was originally a pb app.
    02-11-13 07:06 PM
    were you able to verify your number?
    yes you can verify your number, but you cant pull in your contacts. They have to message you then just leave the chat open.

Heres the best google reader I can find, works great."Google Reader PRO" http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/f0/5d/7...v1.0.130.0.bar
    02-11-13 07:23 PM
    For MSN, Google Talk, Facebook, Skype multi-client chat program free, and way more fluid than IM+

Confirmed 98% working, Older version of IMO. sometimes when replying you have to close the chat and go back in, its rare. SKYPE LOGS IN ONLY, Calls are obviously a flop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zcam16pg5...v1.0.125.0.bar
    02-11-13 07:24 PM
    I tryed a draw something bar with no luck maybe someones found on thst works?

02-11-13 07:28 PM
    try the Cassandra app that I posted. it will give you a clock with weather and news... although the numbers may be a bit small bc it was originally a pb app.
    I loaded Cassandra up, but it's not quite what I'm looking for in a bedside clock. Even with the news feed turned off, the numbers are a bit too small for me without my glasses. Secondly, and more importantly, it's just too bright. Even with the screen at the lowest brightness the clock (since its white) comes out quite bright. I could probably learn live with cassandra, but since I have NightClock working and its doing exactly what I want it to there doesn't seem to be much reason to try.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll be sticking with inch-high red numbers with an independent brightness control.
    02-11-13 07:38 PM
2,199 ... 1112131415 ...