Well, folks, we are rapidly returning to the OS7 & Playbook days of app restriction on the Blackberry. The list of "incompatible" apps for the Z10 & Z30 is rapidly growing on the Amazon app store, which is supposedly our backup to useful and popular apps not being available on Blackberry World. Over the weekend, we noticed that Terraria and YouVersion were "no longer compatible" with the Z10 & Z30. We have known for several weeks that Netflix is "no longer compatible". Not sure when it happened, but IMDB supposedly "no longer works".

Most of us foolishly believed that 10.2.1 plus the deal struck with Amazon to include their app store on 10.3 was the final solution to our pathetic selection of mainstream apps, movies, and music on Blackberry World. Who knows, maybe Blackberry believed it as well. Which brings us to today, with 10.3.1 finally becoming available to a select few (until it was halted), when all the actually incompatible apps on 10.2.1 are now able to be run on 10.3.1. OneNote finally works, Zinio doesn't crash while you're browsing mags, Survialcraft works, things were finally turning around. So with 10.3.1 we can finally run the stuff that was incompatible, but Amazon has begun restricting what we can load from their app store. I have heard both sides of the explanations for why: devs don't want to support Blackberry, Amazon doesn't want competition for their sales-lagging Fire phone, whatever the reason makes no difference to me. All I know is that we paid for Terraria and now is gone.

So post here for apps that are no longer "compatible" with your Blackbery at the Amazon app store. I will post the ones I know of first:
    +++EDIT: This list contains apps that were once available on the Z10 & Z30, but have since been restricted+++

Netflix
    OneNote
    Wells Fargo Mobile
    Zinio
    Amazon Music with Prime Music
    Terraria
    Bible (YouVersion)
    Guitar Pro
    Prime Instant Video
    The Sandbox - Pixel World Builder

Asphalt 8: Airborne
    Bejeweled 2
    Despicable Me:Minion Rush
    Devil's Attorney

IMDB
    Kingdom Rush Frontiers
    Luxor HD
    Monopoly
    Sonic Jump
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II
    Zombie Gunship
    djay 2
    Yelp
    Aralon: Sword and Shadow
    Flow Free
    CNN Breaking US & World News
    CBS Sports

Charles Schwab Mobile

Final note: Make sure you download and run "App Backup & Restore" on your Blackberry device in order to keep the APK files of the apps you have already purchased. And do it before "App Backup & Restore" also becomes "incompatible"...
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 06-19-15 at 01:56 PM. Reason: ***clarified the list definition***
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    03-09-15 07:36 AM
    They aren't "incompatible".
    The vendors of the apps either specified BlackBerry devices as unsupported or specified the dimensions supported which don't match the device you're using.
    Neither of those things means the app wouldn't work, or that the user experience would be poor.
    I guess the real question is, "why they are doing this"? I certainly don't know, because the apps from your list I've tried work just fine.

So download the apk's to your laptop and open them ftom your BlackBerry.... they'll install and all should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and GSM-S like this.
    03-09-15 07:46 AM
    They aren't "incompatible".
    The vendors of the apps either specified BlackBerry devices as unsupported or specified the dimensions supported which don't match the device you're using.
    Neither of those things means the app wouldn't work, or that the user experience would be poor.
    I guess the real question is, "why they are doing this"? I certainly don't know, because the apps from your list I've tried work just fine.

So download the apk's to your laptop and open them ftom your BlackBerry.... they'll install and all should be fine.
    Yes, we know they are indeed compatible. All of the apps in the list are currently running on a Z10 or Z30 device in my household. They are just recently being resticted to us by the Amazon app store for reasons that are not quite clear. At about the time the 10.3.1 update rolled out, all these apps were changed from compatible to incompatible.

And yes we agree, grab those APK however you can and back them up before they become unavailable via the app store. If you have any other suggestions on how to download APKs from the Amazon app store to your laptop, that would be great.
    03-09-15 07:54 AM
    You can add Yelp, Tripadvisor, and Instagram to that list. Granted, the last two were never made available to begin with, but they're there, just not available for BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:44 AM
    You can add Yelp, Tripadvisor, and Instagram to that list. Granted, the last two were never made available to begin with, but they're there, just not available for BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    Done. Thanks for the feedback.
    03-09-15 08:48 AM
    Bible (youversion) is on BB World - and works well.
    03-09-15 08:50 AM
    Bible (youversion) is on BB World - and works well.
    Yes, it does indeed work. But as is the case for many of the apps on BBW, it is not maintained or updated and features are missing. One of the most important features to me is the ability to copy selections to the clipboard, which is not available on the BBW version of YouVersion. Endomondo is another example: no Pro version exists on BBW so we cannot take advantage of auto pause.

There are other items in the list that exist in BBW: Asphalt 8, Despicable Me: Minion Rush are two more that I know of and work really well. Those who have used Wells Fargo on BBW are all rolling their eyes right now since it is nothing but a web link. But that is not the purpose of the list.
    03-09-15 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought Instagram was not available on amazon at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:13 AM
    I think their mutual agreement is falling apart. Besides protecting the fire phone amazon doesn't really have any excuse

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:29 AM
    The fire phone sells less than bb does.
    03-09-15 09:38 AM
    I thought Instagram was not available on amazon at all.
    Posted via CB10
    It's on the Amazon app store, just not available for BB devices: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KZP2DTQ...UvbUpU11448808
    03-09-15 09:40 AM
    I think their mutual agreement is falling apart. Besides protecting the fire phone amazon doesn't really have any excuse
    I agree. Something has definitely changed, and recently. If Minecraft becomes "incompatible", my kids will swear off Blackberry forever. They are already irritated that the 10.3.1 update hasn't come to all Z10s. Even more of a rant: those of us with Playbooks were told "buy a Z10 and all will be well, that solves the app gap". We did that and all was well for about 6 months. Now we're being marginalized again for whatever reason. What's the next solution Blackberry? Buy a Passport?
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    03-09-15 09:45 AM
    I agree. Something has definitely changed, and recently. If Minecraft becomes "incompatible", my kids will swear off Blackberry forever. They are already irritated that the 10.3.1 update hasn't come to all Z10s. Even more of a rant: those of us with Playbooks were told "buy a Z10 and all will be well, that solves the app gap". We did that and all was well for about 6 months. Now we're being marginalized again for whatever reason. What's the next solution Blackberry? Buy a Passport?
    Starting to sound like that plan is to buy any other phone and use their app suite. Pfffft might as well dump bb altogether if that's the case.
    03-09-15 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think Instagram was never available in general in the Amazon App Store, so this topic does not really apply to IG.
    Last edited by igor10000; 03-09-15 at 10:00 AM. Reason: I didn�t read all before reacting, sorry guys.
    03-09-15 09:57 AM
    They went 'incompatible' because you updated to 10.3.1.. before then, you're device wasn't recognized, with 10.3.1 it is. You can check it yourself by going back to 10.2.1. They'll all be available again. Not that that's a solution just saying that's where the change happened / came from.
    03-09-15 09:58 AM
    I think Instagram was never available in general in the Amazon App Store, so this topic does not really apply to IG.
    As noted already it's there and available to Fire phones and Kindle.
    03-09-15 09:59 AM
    Yeah, I reacted earlier than I finished reading the thread, sorry.
    03-09-15 09:59 AM
    Anyway, it is always available in 1Mobile (which I use even more than Snap, coz of the sideloading)
    03-09-15 10:01 AM
    Simple fix. Get an android
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    03-09-15 10:09 AM
    They went 'incompatible' because you updated to 10.3.1.. before then, you're device wasn't recognized, with 10.3.1 it is. You can check it yourself by going back to 10.2.1. They'll all be available again. Not that that's a solution just saying that's where the change happened / came from.
    Hate to correct the all-knowing Bla1ze, but this is not true. My son's Z10 is locked into AT&T's 10.2.1 and Terraria is still outlawed. Same goes for Netflix, YouVersion, Sandbox, etc. Netflix was outlawed before my Z10 loaded the update.

Cool that Bla1ze is weighing in on the debate, though!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-09-15 10:37 AM
    Anyway, it is always available in 1Mobile (which I use even more than Snap, coz of the sideloading)
    Yes, and that is what most of us will have to do in order to stay up to date with the updated apps like Netflix, OneNote, Wells Fargo, whatever. But 1mobie was never the official solution according to Blackberry; Amazon was. And I would rather not have that debate again: yes, Snap is great... yes, 1mobile works too even though it seems to be less trustworthy. But for many BB users, we spent money on apps available in the Amazon app store. At a minimum, we should all be demanding our money back for paid apps. And most novice users are not going to sideload Snap.

And another question: how do we know 1mobile won't marginalize us too, at some point?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-09-15 10:44 AM
    Simple fix. Get an android
    I have already done that. I bought a Fire HD7 tablet because I am sick of this. At every turn, BB is being railroaded for whatever the reason. Can't really use OneNote on the tiny screen, watching movies on the Z10 is joke, reading Zinio mags and then crash, not all Kindle content works on the BBW version, I am GIVING UP. Amazon wins, I am ditching the Playbook and Z10 for apps and games and movies and books, and the Z10 is just a superphone that does communications on steroids. I hope this isn't what John Chen had in mind for the new Blackberry because it's starting to feel like the old days again.
    03-09-15 10:50 AM
    Citrix works...so I'm good!
    03-09-15 10:55 AM
    Why go with amazon stuff if you're dumping bb? They aren't much better. Might as well get a real android.
    03-09-15 10:57 AM
    Why go with amazon stuff if you're dumping bb? They aren't much better. Might as well get a real android.
    Not dumping BB for android. I am keeping the Z10; just not using the Z10 for anything but Hub, BBM, contacts, calendar, etc. I use connect to OneDrive for cloud files & music on the go. And we already have lots invested in Amazon content: books, movies, apps, whatever. This was Blackberry's solution for the ecosystem, and I bought into it hook, line, and sinker. We bought into the "buy a Z10 to replace OS7 & Playbook" solution too. We are morons for doing what was suggested. I was happy with it too, looking fwd to the 10.3.1 update to fix things, for a while.

EDIT: I understand what you are saying - why the Fire HD7 instead of a Samsung or alternative true android. Because I don't want to get screwed twice, buying a Samsung or whatever and then not being able to download an Amazon Instant Video to the device because they are locking out other competitive devices too.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 03-09-15 at 11:38 AM. Reason: ***clarification to the comment***
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-09-15 11:06 AM
222 123 ...