Thanks for posting these screen shots. What is the difference between the Amazon App Store and this Amazon App? And why would Instagram and Netflix be available in one and not the other? Or is it just a case of the devs not shutting out BB phones (yet) from the Amazon App?
    04-08-15 09:42 PM
    The apps will show in amazon but you cannot install them...it will state the app is not compatible

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:04 PM
    Thanks for posting these screen shots. What is the difference between the Amazon App Store and this Amazon App? And why would Instagram and Netflix be available in one and not the other? Or is it just a case of the devs not shutting out BB phones (yet) from the Amazon App?
    Amazon App is the all-encompassing Amazon storefront. You can shop the entire site via the app.
    04-08-15 11:44 PM
    Amazon App is the all-encompassing Amazon storefront. You can shop the entire site via the app.
    Thx Tre! So I'm assuming it is only a matter of time before the devs catch on and blacklist BB devices through this app as well.
    04-09-15 01:17 AM
    Thx Tre! So I'm assuming it is only a matter of time before the devs catch on and blacklist BB devices through this app as well.
    NVM, I figured it out. I just installed the Amazon Shopping app and I am still not able to see IG or Netflix. The reason why The Big Picture can see them is because they are on 10.3.2 which is an unknown OS. Once this OS goes live, expect to see the apps blacklisted again.
    04-09-15 01:29 AM
    In the case of Netflix: they do occasionally whitelist some devices after an app update. Not sure why/how, could just be they are forgetting to uncheck BlackBerry compatibility. For example the latest version of Netflix showed again in Amazon on my Q10, but not my Passport.
    It still doesn't work 100% out-of-the-box, so for this app I can understand it being blacklisted most of the time.

I emailed them, and told them with the Netflix app set to "portrait mode" (black bars on the side), the Video player works properly. If your using regular mode or zoomed Videos are cropped, which I assume is the reason they blacklist BlackBerry devices.

If they just made the app available with such a bug/unexpected behaviour, they would open themselves to a boatload of negative feedback.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    04-09-15 01:47 AM
    NVM, I figured it out. I just installed the Amazon Shopping app and I am still not able to see IG or Netflix. The reason why The Big Picture can see them is because they are on 10.3.2 which is an unknown OS. Once this OS goes live, expect to see the apps blacklisted again.
    You are probably right. I am on 10.3.2 and I'm guessing the Dec's have not blacklisted BlackBerries on this OS yet.

But for now I have access and can install instagram, netflix, spotify, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 01:59 AM
    I use Sarbucks and Netflix on my Q5 and now Z30 flawlessly. Originally I installed both via the Amazon App Store on my Q5.

Did a OS wipe to get BB10.3.1 then went back to look for them and they are no longer available??? Via the Amazon App Store.

Upgrade to the Z30 - NOT AVAILABLE? WTF? Was forced to get these apps off SNAP and/or 1Mobile. Which by the way work Flawlessly on ALL BB10 devices.

Amazon has a dump load of useful Apps on its App Store, but for some reason denies BB10 owners with the useful ones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RKN...UvbUpU11545948
    Sold by Amazon Appstore

Netflix App
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005ZX...UvbUpU11545948
    Sold by Amazon Appstore

Sexy White Z30....
    04-09-15 06:44 AM
    You are probably right. I am on 10.3.2 and I'm guessing the Dec's have not blacklisted BlackBerries on this OS yet.

But for now I have access and can install instagram, netflix, spotify, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklisted? It better not be, I got a few iPhone users to switch over to the Leap. The BlackBerry App / Leap video intrigued them. They have assurances that there will not be a App issue going forward.

BlackBerry needs to have a serious talk with Amazon. They need to get there act straight. If they find any major issues, they will be once again lost to Apple. BS

Sexy White Z30....
    04-09-15 06:47 AM
    Aralon is back for me. Along with Plague Inc.

The odd thing is, Aralon from Amazon works but the one downloaded from GP does not.

Curious to know what they did behind the scenes.

emPowered by  | Q10 SQN100-4/10.3.1.2582
    04-09-15 07:05 AM
    The odd thing is, Aralon from Amazon works but the one downloaded from GP does not.
    Curious to know what they did behind the scenes.
    The version in Google Play likely depends on Google Play Services APIs, sometimes an app can still function without them, sometimes it's a make-or-break proposition though.

Because Amazon Fire devices don't have Google Play Services, developers create a version that doesn't require Google Play Services when they post to the Amazon Store, although this usually results in the app receiving few, if any, updates compared to the Google Play version. Since BB10 is in the same boat, these apps are more likely to work.
    04-09-15 07:22 AM
    The version in Google Play likely depends on Google Play Services APIs, sometimes an app can still function without them, sometimes it's a make-or-break proposition though.
    Isn't there usually an error message if it can't find the services? For me, the app launches to the splash screen then closes. It seems like something else is going on. It also downloads and connects for the .obb files without issue.

I'm just glad the apps I paid for via Amazon are available again

emPowered by  | Q10 SQN100-4/10.3.1.2582
    04-09-15 08:10 AM
    I emailed them, and told them with the Netflix app set to "portrait mode" (black bars on the side), the Video player works properly. If your using regular mode or zoomed Videos are cropped, which I assume is the reason they blacklist BlackBerry devices.

If they just made the app available with such a bug/unexpected behaviour, they would open themselves to a boatload of negative feedback.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    Did they ever reply to your email?

And I agree, if they left it as-is they would be opening themselves up to a lot of unnecessary criticism. But I don't understand why Z30 devices are being blacklisted as well? In theory these apps should work no differently on a Z30 than they do on an Android device.
    04-09-15 10:11 AM
    Good news - YouVersion is back as a BB10 compatible device at Amazon! Unfortunately the new version is actually not so compatible, so I wound up staying with the previous version of the app. Keep backing up those apps before you update otherwise you might find yourself with a non-working app.
    04-10-15 10:02 AM
    Looks like instagram and netflix are gone for 10.3.2 now.

They caught on pretty quick.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:07 PM
    The point being that quality and price trump any nationalistic feelings Americans have.

Any talk about how the collective discriminates against BlackBerry because of where it's headquartered is silly.
    I just think if Blackberry were to release the most amazing hardware and OS in the world (I think they're almost there) in the next few years, they would still struggle with a superior product. The fact is no silicon valley apps will support them.

As a Canadian co. they will never and I mean never be able to compete with the marketing & app power network in the U.S. Their only ticket out is to replace the app world completely with a whole new mobile experience or partner with their American rivals. Even the ever popular Samsung is using an American OS and app world to compete. With Tizen they would not last.

I just think people miss the boat on the genius of Apple in 07 with creating and controlling the app world content. This was the real leverage and innovation for becoming the most valuable company in history with no end in sight.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    04-10-15 04:26 PM
    This is no surprise as more and more apps upgrade, their compatibility with blackberry will decrease (due to apps increasingly being more integrated w google services and etc.). This leaves blackberry users settling to older apk versions of the app, and missing out of newer app functionalities. (a clear example is Uber. Yes you can use m.uber.com, or and older apk, but u will not be able to use ubereats, their new awesome functionality).

This app situation will not improve over time. You either gotta stay w blackberry for reasons other than app availability (such as hub, physical keyboard, communication, etc) or go to iPhone or Android phone for media and apps. Or u can carry two phones, one of them being a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:37 AM
    This is no surprise as more and more apps upgrade, their compatibility with blackberry will decrease (due to apps increasingly being more integrated w google services and etc.). This leaves blackberry users settling to older apk versions of the app, and missing out of newer app functionalities. (a clear example is Uber. Yes you can use m.uber.com, or and older apk, but u will not be able to use ubereats, their new awesome functionality).

This app situation will not improve over time. You either gotta stay w blackberry for reasons other than app availability (such as hub, physical keyboard, communication, etc) or go to iPhone or Android phone for media and apps. Or u can carry two phones, one of them being a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    That is not the reason at all, Amazon apps do not integrate with Google Services. Some developers will limit access because BlackBerry do not support KitKat and some will limit access based on screen dimensions.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:43 AM
    For the most part all the apps I've downloaded from amazon or play store are working just fine! No major issues with the exemption of anything that requires google service (I think) but my screens starts to flash on certain apps and my camera when on video is showing the top and bottom blacks Bars even though I have it at 1080!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:46 PM
    Apps that were previously incompatible are now showing up as compatible again with 10.3.2:
    - Wells Fargo Mobile
    - CBS
    - Amazon Music Store
    - Zinio

EDIT: I've updated the original list at the beginning of the thread. Only a handful are still incompatible with 10.3.2, and I am wondering how long it will last before they start disappearing again. Load them while you can!
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 06-19-15 at 01:51 PM. Reason: +++ update the list +++
    06-19-15 01:30 PM
    I just think if Blackberry were to release the most amazing hardware and OS in the world (I think they're almost there) in the next few years, they would still struggle with a superior product. The fact is no silicon valley apps will support them.

As a Canadian co. they will never and I mean never be able to compete with the marketing & app power network in the U.S. Their only ticket out is to replace the app world completely with a whole new mobile experience or partner with their American rivals. Even the ever popular Samsung is using an American OS and app world to compete. With Tizen they would not last.

I just think people miss the boat on the genius of Apple in 07 with creating and controlling the app world content. This was the real leverage and innovation for becoming the most valuable company in history with no end in sight.
    Yes. It's all because BlackBerry is Canadian. That makes perfect sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 07:55 PM
    I currently have 23 android apps on my Passport, of which 8 are paid apps. Most were purchased on Amazon, but the lack of updates and bug fixes have lead me to repurchase all of them via the Google Store. One app, which I use daily, no longer showed as available, or even listed as one of my apps from Amazon. Contacted the d�velopper and they verified and confirmed that they were not blocking it or not making it available. Amazon just kept saying it was a d�velopper issue. Pissed me off so much I repurchased it on the Google Store ($12.99). It has since been constantly updated and bug fixed, all with the appropriate upgrade HUB notification of a pending update. I will never purchase any apps from the Amazon store again - should not have to do so...but Re-buys were money well spent for apps that I use daily. Most are less than a coffee or coffee and a muffin. BlackBerry should drop Amazon and work out something with Google Store (Thanks Cobalt in the interim for allowing us to enjoy the Google Store on our beloved BlackBerry) since we are clearly not getting what we we promised or expected.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 10:16 PM
222 ... 789