This is really really sad. I hope blackberry does something about this.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 03:31 AM
    My point is that BlackBerry has Facebook and Twitter which are pre-installed in BB10 and have the location setting on by default. So it's probably not privacy driving Amazon apps away.
    And my point is..NO.. it is not on by default. And when they are uninstalled they don't wreak havok on you device...like with ALL other smartphones...so, it's there, it's an option but it's not baked in the OS. The minute you try to do that with a droid...glitch heaven. The fact is with BlackBerry these Apps are optional.

���(`�[� ḅḷ�ċḳḅ�ṛṛ� ṗ�ṡṡṗ�ṛẗ �]״)���SQW 100-3
    04-01-15 03:39 AM
    Extortion? Wow.

That's a new one, and considering the raw depth of conspiracy theories that have been propagated here, that is no small feat.

Where does Microsoft fit in this? Friend or foe?
    We're the good guys remember, the guys in the white hats?

Microsoft is a friend to everyone!
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-01-15 04:30 AM
    And my point is..NO.. it is not on by default. And when they are uninstalled they don't wreak havok on you device...like with ALL other smartphones...so, it's there, it's an option but it's not baked in the OS. The minute you try to do that with a droid...glitch heaven. The fact is with BlackBerry these Apps are optional.

••�(`�[� ḅḷ�ċḳḅ�ṛṛ� ṗ�ṡṡṗ�ṛẗ �]״)�••SQW 100-3
    The thread is about Amazon removing apps from the Amazon app store, to which you had the idea that BlackBerry was somehow involved because of privacy concerns. This is highly unlikely because it would be a little ridiculous to pay Amazon to get the rights to their store and then turn around and ask Amazon to surreptitiously remove apps that users have already purchased and downloaded. That would make them no better than the competition that you're spitting on. As an example that BlackBerry probably isn't the culprit to the app disappearances, I pointed out that Facebook and Twitter being present and their location settings on by default. We all know apps are removeable, which is besides the point - that has nothing to do with an app store's unexplained app purchases and previously available apps vanishing.
    04-01-15 11:06 AM
    Microsoft is also a foe.

As an American company, they were able get most big apps on board for their new ecosystem.

This is proof that all these American tech giants want blackberry to sell out to them and not the Chinese.
    You do know that MS has a lot of money to throw at developers?
    04-02-15 08:01 AM
    You do know that MS has a lot of money to throw at developers?
    Yes bb, a Canadian co. can't compete with these American giants. The dominance of bb in the early 2000's was an anomaly and the American's have taken consumer tech back to their power. Now they are threatened again by bb10 and use apps as leverage.
    04-03-15 11:51 PM
    Yes bb, a Canadian co. can't compete with these American giants. The dominance of bb in the early 2000's was an anomaly and the American's have taken consumer tech back to their power. Now they are threatened again by bb10 and use apps as leverage.
    ... which is why that all-American company Samsung is doing well.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-15 12:16 AM
    Early 2000s?? 8300 series... 2007,08.is when Blackberry was popular...at least here in the states. First Iphone only came out in 2007..

2009,10,11,12...until now is what brought BlackBerry down. Android got popular cause free Apps, Apple kept making improvements. And by the time 2013 arrived it was to late. People had already adopted to all touch, Apps and much improved WiFi, 3g,4g and now LTE. Blackberry world...if they would have really focused on it might have made room for 3 ecosystems. But they never focused on it, and unfortunately keep making PKBS. I have a Passport...but after using droids for so many years, I can tell you for me...PKB is a hassle. If this Passport was all touch...I would be way happier.

I'm kind of an odd duck, I came back to BB to get a privacy back...was sick of being tracked by google and Apps. This is the first smartphone I've had that I can essentially shut down permissions and have encryption without having to root. And no ADS. I believe if you pay 500+ dollars for a device you shouldn't have to look at ADs! Just out of principle.

04-04-15 02:12 AM
    Early 2000s?? 8300 series... 2007,08.is when Blackberry was popular...at least here in the states. First Iphone only came out in 2007..

2009,10,11,12...until now is what brought BlackBerry down. Android got popular cause free Apps, Apple kept making improvements. And by the time 2013 arrived it was to late. People had already adopted to all touch, Apps and much improved WiFi, 3g,4g and now LTE. Blackberry world...if they would have really focused on it might have made room for 3 ecosystems. But they never focused on it, and unfortunately keep making PKBS. I have a Passport...but after using droids for so many years, I can tell you for me...PKB is a hassle. If this Passport was all touch...I would be way happier.

I'm kind of an odd duck, I came back to BB to get a privacy back...was sick of being tracked by google and Apps. This is the first smartphone I've had that I can essentially shut down permissions and have encryption without having to root. And no ADS. I believe if you pay 500+ dollars for a device you shouldn't have to look at ADs! Just out of principle.

So you are not using a single android app on your device?
    Because you can't disable permissions in android apps.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 04-04-15 at 11:30 AM.
    04-04-15 10:45 AM
    And no ADS. I believe if you pay 500+ dollars for a device you shouldn't have to look at ADs! Just out of principle.
    Ads are detestable indeed, but you can't fully avoid them in this day and age - if you buy an Internet capable device there will be ads, unless there's a subscription or purchase price. And even that's no guarantee. Phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc - cost doesn't mean ad-free for any of them. Avoiding ads is either paid as I mentioned or avoided by not using anything that might display them.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-15 11:19 AM
    And no ADS. I believe if you pay 500+ dollars for a device you shouldn't have to look at ADs! Just out of principle.
    Isn't that like saying: "If I spend $1000+ on a TV, I shouldn't have to see commercials on any channels"?

The apps that are showing you ads are rarely made by anyone who's receiving money from your initial device purchase. You can usually pay to get rid of ads, and if you don't want to pay for the app or see ads, why should someone make the app for you at all?
    04-04-15 12:14 PM
    Isn't that like saying: "If I spend $1000+ on a TV, I shouldn't have to see commercials on any channels"?

The apps that are showing you ads are rarely made by anyone who's receiving money from your initial device purchase. You can usually pay to get rid of ads, and if you don't want to pay for the app or see ads, why should someone make the app for you at all?
    Not a bad idea...a chip installed to block commercials would be epic. :-)

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-15 02:22 PM
    Yes point given..and the Chinese giants. My argument is that a Canadian co. can't compete globally.
    The Americans want bb for themselves so that's why they extort with media manipulation and apps. They don't want bb to sell to Chinese.
    04-04-15 05:34 PM
    That has more to do with being one off the first and largest hardware manufacturers for android.

If samsung made it with their own OS like tizen then you would have a point.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 04:29 PM
    That has more to do with being one off the first and largest hardware manufacturers for android.

If samsung made it with their own OS like tizen then you would have a point.

Posted via CB10
    The point being that quality and price trump any nationalistic feelings Americans have.

Any talk about how the collective discriminates against BlackBerry because of where it's headquartered is silly.
    mornhavon, JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    04-05-15 05:36 PM
    Good news guys.

10.3.2 includes this app:
    List of "Incompatible" Amazon Apps is Growing...-img_20150406_180350.png

Using my passport I am able to download INSTAGRAM! Directly from amazon!

Hopefully they don't take it down after awhile.
    List of "Incompatible" Amazon Apps is Growing...-img_20150406_180240.png

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:05 AM
    Good news guys.

10.3.2 includes this app:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150406_180350.png 
Views:	575 
Size:	699.6 KB 
ID:	345901

Using my passport I am able to download INSTAGRAM! Directly from amazon!

Hopefully they don't take it down after awhile.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150406_180240.png 
Views:	572 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	345902

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what app you're referring to.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-06-15 05:16 AM
    I'm not sure what app you're referring to.

It's the amazon app. Not amazon app store. It came preloaded wwith 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:10 AM
    List of "Incompatible" Amazon Apps is Growing...-img_20150406_231257.png
    List of "Incompatible" Amazon Apps is Growing...-img_20150406_231245.png

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    04-06-15 10:15 AM
    It's the amazon app. Not amazon app store. It came preloaded wwith 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    Got it. Thanks.

04-06-15 11:32 AM
    Amazon is useless. Why do you guys even want to use it. Get Snap, or Mobogenie. They are much better by far.

PaulJ
    04-06-15 01:21 PM
    Amazon is useless. Why do you guys even want to use it. Get Snap, or Mobogenie. They are much better by far.

PaulJ
    Not everyone knows how too sideload snap. Unfortunately. With big name apps readily and easily available from preloaded app stores, consumers would be more willing to buy BlackBerry I believe

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    04-06-15 03:46 PM

PaulJ
    Just downloaded Mobegenie, a little choppy but great selection. I updated all my APKs no problem.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    04-06-15 05:17 PM
    Pinterest is somewhat sketchy on my Z30. Sometimes quite smooth, other times, locks the whole phone up and you just have to wait until it sorts it's self out.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:24 AM
    Bible (youversion) is on BB World - and works well.
    Not on the Passport, if you want to be able to read longer text notes.

Also see this recent post by me: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11543959
    04-08-15 11:50 AM
222 ... 6789