For the person who asked, I made an error- I just the mobile version of IG on my phone. If you register with any of the BlackBerry apps, then you can use the IG mobile link. Though insta10 is pretty good as is Igrann. Igrann now has emotion icons. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:44 AM
    I finally have some good news to report - OneNote is struck off the list. The OneNote app has reappeared as compatible with the Z10 & Z30. So cheer up! For every 5 apps that have disappeared, 1 might come back!
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-23-15 07:08 AM
    BBW CBS sports app works fine for me on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    The BBW CBS Sports app is riddled with bugs on 10.3.1, and the reviews on BBW are saying the exact same thing. Also just like all BBW vs. Android apps, the BBW version is nearly featureless. The android app allows the NCAA bracket feature while the BBW version does not. Anyway, the BBW version doesn't work correctly and crashes on me all the time.
    03-23-15 07:13 AM
    Do you guys find Path Social App and LINE messenger on Amazon App Store ?
    I have a feeling that I saw screen shot of Amazon App Store with both app. But I can't find them there.
    Path (also incompatible with Z10): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWIVMPO...UvbUpU11494818
    Line (not in Amazon app store, but in BBW): https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

*** EDIT: Line is in BBW, but BB10 devices are not supported. Sorry. ***
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 03-23-15 at 09:20 AM. Reason: I should have looked at compatible devces!
    03-23-15 07:19 AM
    I've seen people recommend App Backup and Restore... got but from Snap, but it fails to recognize that I have external storage!? Any tricks?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:06 PM
    To be honest apps are the core for any platform. Even though I loved the design and feel of z10, I only came from Android platform to BlackBerry when I learned that android apps are supported. Amazon was the only legit choice so they went with it. Amazon store was never known for having vast collection but they had a legit store. The issue now arising of incompatible apps may see the end of BlackBerry if the app gap doesn't vanish in BBW. Amazon no matter what has kept the blackberry up from sinking. Now it's time for the blackberry team to either get the apps in their store or move to android. Let's hope some miracle happens or the doomsday isn't far

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-1
    jcbrunson likes this.
    03-26-15 02:39 PM
    To be honest apps are the core for any platform. Even though I loved the design and feel of z10, I only came from Android platform to BlackBerry when I learned that android apps are supported. Amazon was the only legit choice so they went with it. Amazon store was never known for having vast collection but they had a legit store. The issue now arising of incompatible apps may see the end of BlackBerry if the app gap doesn't vanish in BBW. Amazon no matter what has kept the blackberry up from sinking. Now it's time for the blackberry team to either get the apps in their store or move to android. Let's hope some miracle happens or the doomsday isn't far

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-1
    Ag

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 05:21 AM
    I'm not sure what the problem is. I suspect it is both Blackberry and the Developers AND the companies that hire developers/ consultants.

Goes like this:

Company A: We want this, and this from our consumers.

Developer: OK, I can do that

Google: OK, sounds good

IOS: OK, but we want our name on it too ( because we have exposure)

Amazon:OK

Blackberry: OK, BUT....We have CEOS, Bankers, Lawyers and Governments using our phones who don't want their information going anywhere it doesn't need to be. Why does Ghost Hunters ( just made up an APP name) Netflix etc..NEED permissions for contacts list, camera and mic When it doesn't need these to operate?

Developer to Company A: They don't want contacts and unnecessary permissions installed with your App. Do you want me to build it for them?

Company A: No, because X% of revenue comes from selling their information.

Developer :OK, we'll pull it.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:33 AM
    I'm not sure what the problem is. I suspect it is both Blackberry and the Developers AND the companies that hire developers/ consultants.

Goes like this:

Blackberry: OK, BUT....We have CEOS, Bankers, Lawyers and Governments using our phones who don't want their information going anywhere it doesn't need to be. Why does Ghost Hunters ( just made up an APP name) Netflix etc..NEED permissions for contacts list, camera and mic When it doesn't need these to operate?

Developer to Company A: They don't want contacts and unnecessary permissions installed with your App. Do you want me to build it for them?

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-28-15 09:02 PM

Goes like this:

Posted via CB10
    This is a seriously funny sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:26 PM

Goes like this:

Posted via CB10
    I agree but I don't think this is true anymore.
    BlackBerry would be desperate for this and the amount of crApp (crappy apps) in BlackBerry World proves this.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    03-29-15 10:00 AM
    Extortion at its finest. It is 100% evident that bb10 is a better os, Apple knows it, Google knows it, Wall-street knows it. The trendy, popular apps are all created and controlled by silicon valley and will always be used as extortion for users to stay with Apple and Google. Blackberry can't compete unless they sell out to the Americans or create a whole new technological landscape whereby apps are not needed.... There is absolutely no way a Canadian co, can compete with the American marketing machine.
    03-29-15 02:29 PM
    Extortion at its finest. It is 100% evident that bb10 is a better os, Apple knows it, Google knows it, Wall-street knows it. The trendy, popular apps are all created and controlled by silicon valley and will always be used as extortion for users to stay with Apple and Google. Blackberry can't compete unless they sell out to the Americans or create a whole new technological landscape whereby apps are not needed.... There is absolutely no way a Canadian co, can compete with the American marketing machine.
    Extortion? Wow.

That's a new one, and considering the raw depth of conspiracy theories that have been propagated here, that is no small feat.

Where does Microsoft fit in this? Friend or foe?
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-29-15 06:19 PM
    Yes, and that is what most of us will have to do in order to stay up to date with the updated apps like Netflix, OneNote, Wells Fargo, whatever. But 1mobie was never the official solution according to Blackberry; Amazon was. And I would rather not have that debate again: yes, Snap is great... yes, 1mobile works too even though it seems to be less trustworthy. But for many BB users, we spent money on apps available in the Amazon app store. At a minimum, we should all be demanding our money back for paid apps. And most novice users are not going to sideload Snap.

And another question: how do we know 1mobile won't marginalize us too, at some point?
    I contacted Amazon about the unavailability of Monument Valley: Forgotten Shores after I'd purchased it; I asked that they make it available again to which they replied "no" and not only refunded the app purchase but gave me an additional $2 towards more app purchases. Amazon and Newegg should train customer service reps for every company.
    03-29-15 06:48 PM
    I contacted Amazon about the unavailability of Monument Valley: Forgotten Shores after I'd purchased it; I asked that they make it available again to which they replied "no" and not only refunded the app purchase but gave me an additional $2 towards more app purchases. Amazon and Newegg should train customer service reps for every company.
    Amazon's customer service is exceptional. Above and beyond.
    Thud Hardsmack and JeepBB like this.
    03-29-15 06:50 PM
    Microsoft is also a foe.

As an American company, they were able get most big apps on board for their new ecosystem.

This is proof that all these American tech giants want blackberry to sell out to them and not the Chinese.
    03-29-15 09:51 PM
    @TRE

This article is just as true for 2011 as it is for today. This will help sum up the lack of Apps mystery, Blackberrys Lack of Apps and cautionary approach.

http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2011...e-is-resolved/

Posted via CB10
    jcbrunson likes this.
    03-30-15 06:32 AM
    @TRE

This article is just as true for 2011 as it is for today. This will help sum up the lack of Apps mystery, Blackberrys Lack of Apps and cautionary approach.

http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2011...e-is-resolved/

Posted via CB10
    So you are positing that the app gap is a strategic move by a BBRY concerned with consumer privacy?
    03-30-15 08:49 AM
    So you are positing that the app gap is a strategic move by a BBRY concerned with consumer privacy?
    I hope he isn't, because Facebook. Also, geo-tagging photos.
    03-30-15 09:33 AM
    Yes, I'm suggesting that's a part of it. And no, I don't use facebook, nor was it baked into my phone when I bought it. ANY app that has the potential to track or get into my contacts doesn't get installed. I might be the minority but so be it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:15 AM
    I hope he isn't, because Facebook. Also, geo-tagging photos.
    Who does that...oh, that's right 90% of the other smart users. I have options for that on my phone....I timestamp but never allow geotagging. Facebook....LOL. Don't use them.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:19 AM
    Who does that...oh, that's right 90% of the other smart users. I have options for that on my phone....I timestamp but never allow geotagging. Facebook....LOL. Don't use them.

Posted via CB10
    My point is that BlackBerry has Facebook and Twitter which are pre-installed in BB10 and have the location setting on by default. So it's probably not privacy driving Amazon apps away.
    03-30-15 11:34 AM
    Great news!!! Netflix, Wells Fargo, and Amazon Music are back!!! Taking them off the list!!!

Many of the apps are back! Please refer to the original list to see what has been added back. There are too many to list. I sincerely hope that our comments and opinions made a difference and got these apps back to "compatible" with Blackberry products. Thanks CBers!!!

EDIT: Just to be clear: these apps (Netflix, Wells Fargo, etc) just showed up in my Cloud and on my Device in the Amazon appstore. Now they are gone. What the heck is going on?
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 03-30-15 at 01:25 PM. Reason: too many capitals!
    03-30-15 12:42 PM
    There appears to be a "back door" in the Amazon app store to install these "incompatible" apps. If I go to "my apps" then select "cloud", I can search on "Netflix" and it will find it. For instance, Terraria was also "incompatible". But if I search for it in my cloud, it will find it and allow me to install it. This is very odd, but it works.

Sometimes they are showing up in the cloud, and sometimes they are not. Screen shot is below, I'm not crazy:
    List of "Incompatible" Amazon Apps is Growing...-img_20150330_145745.png
    03-30-15 02:06 PM
    You would be wrong on that. Pre installed...an icon is there but the whole thing is removed without a trace. Auto location...no, again, you have to select it to turn it on. The settings are way, way more manageable on BlackBerry verse other devices... and when you remove stuff it is actually removed. Believe me, I love having a device without Ads and social stalking Apps. Don't believe me? Well try it for yourself!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 06:52 PM
222 ... 56789