Netflix
    OneNote
    Zinio
    Amazon Music with Prime Music
    Prime Instant Video
    IMDB

All are still working on my Z30. Prime Instant Video is accessed through the Department button on the Amazon Store App.
    03-09-15 10:39 PM
    Netflix
    OneNote
    Zinio
    Prime Instant Video
    IMDB

All are still working on my Z30. Prime Instant Video is accessed through the Department button on the Amazon Store App.
    If you delete them and search for them in the Amazon App store to reinstall you won't find them. At least I can't.
    03-09-15 10:51 PM
    If you delete them and search for them in the Amazon App store to reinstall you won't find them. At least I can't.
    Probably just the OS version flag. OP may have gotten more traction if he had emailed Amazon tech support instead.
    03-09-15 10:56 PM
    Hey BlackBerry it's you against the world. Amazon is taking you guys for fools.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-10-15 02:05 AM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. The whole point of the Amazon partnership has now gone to he!! in a hand basket.

I think the word "partnership" was a little strong....
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-10-15 07:42 AM
    Probably just the OS version flag. OP may have gotten more traction if he had emailed Amazon tech support instead.
    Sorry, but that is not the case. And I'm definitely not the only one watching apps slowly disappear from our Amazon cloud. And emailing tech support results in an automated response to call them. The phone call to tech support went nowhere since the tech has no idea why an app would be compatible on one day then "incompatible" the next.

Later today I am going to try an experiment - take a very old Amazon appstore APK and reload the appstore, but not update it. If the older versions of the appstore did not know what type of device you are using, then maybe the "incompatibilities" will go away.
    03-10-15 07:43 AM
    Netflix
    OneNote
    Zinio
    Prime Instant Video
    IMDB

Yes, they all still work for all of us. Every app in the list still works. Re-read the thread. Amazon has now rendered them "incompatible" in your app store. Under "My Apps", go to your "cloud" and try to find them. Go to your "device" and they are strangely vanished. Yes, it is still installed on your Z30. No, you will never see another update from Amazon appstore for those apps.

EDIT: Back them up, friend.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 03-10-15 at 07:51 AM. Reason: ***friendly advice***
    03-10-15 07:48 AM
    I think the word "partnership" was a little strong....
    Still remembering the days when Amazon Instant Video would play on the Playbook on one day, then was "incompatible" the next, then it was back after a Playbook update, then shortly after it was "incompatible" again. Also remembering the promised Kindle app for the Playbook... oh we're so sorry but that won't be coming since we now have a Fire tablet. It's just shocking how often Blackberry is getting played. And we even knew that SOMETHING was not quite right with this "partnership" after they released their Fire phone. Is this even remotely surprising?
    03-10-15 07:56 AM
    Still remembering the days when Amazon Instant Video would play on the Playbook on one day, then was "incompatible" the next, then it was back after a Playbook update, then shortly after it was "incompatible" again. Also remembering the promised Kindle app for the Playbook... oh we're so sorry but that won't be coming since we now have a Fire tablet. It's just shocking how often Blackberry is getting played. And we even knew that SOMETHING was not quite right with this "partnership" after they released their Fire phone. Is this even remotely surprising?
    Control

The reason Amazon has tried to split from the normal Android channels of getting apps.
    The reason the BlackBerry tried to build their own platform instead of using Android from the beginning.

If you aren't in control, you are just along for the ride... until the driver kicks you to the curb in the middle of nowhere.
    03-10-15 08:07 AM
    Simple fix. Get an android
    The Android Central forums are over here, son. Since you seem to be lost ...
    The Big Picture likes this.
    03-10-15 09:03 AM
    Listing an app as "available" for any BB10 device is tantamount to making a commitment to support it, and that's precisely what the developers want to avoid. As long as the app in the Amazon store is perceived as "official", people will expect solutions if something doesn't work just right, and will leave negative feedback if those solutions aren't forthcoming.

It's hard enough for developers to keep their apps working for the bewildering variety of actual Android devices; trying to guess how they will work in a QNX sandbox is a step too far. The fact that the current edition works fine doesn't mean that the next "routine" update won't break something.

I used to be a believer in the Android runtime, thinking that it would buy BlackBerry time to build up a user base to a point where developers would want to build native apps. I no longer think this is a credible plan. BB10 has created for itself a kind of Android no-man's land, a walled ghetto. I'm no longer convinced that there is a real-world solution to BB10's app gap. I'm increasingly of the opinion that if there's going to be a viable third platform -- and I do think one is needed -- it can only be WP. But that's for other threads, already out there.
    03-10-15 09:26 AM
    Thanks for the heads up,lol
    03-10-15 09:30 AM
    Netflix from Snap works on 10.3.1 so having another appstore on your phone doesn't hurt people
    03-10-15 09:42 AM
    The community answer to Android apps, whether it be Snap or actually Loading the Google Play store are far superior to Amazon App Store. Period. When we first got the ability to install .apk directly on the device, many of us were warning people to not use the Amazon store as it's limited, contains older versions of apps, and also it's own DRM restrictions. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now with Amazon.
    03-10-15 10:11 AM
    Hate to correct the all-knowing Bla1ze, but this is not true. My son's Z10 is locked into AT&T's 10.2.1 and Terraria is still outlawed. Same goes for Netflix, YouVersion, Sandbox, etc. Netflix was outlawed before my Z10 loaded the update.

Cool that Bla1ze is weighing in on the debate, though!
    Um, I have TWO Z10s through AT&T and have been able to install update leaks, snap, the patched play store bundle Bla1ze did, and a boatload of others without any issues...

Posted via my Z10 running 10.3.1.2072 quite seamlessly on AT&T
    03-10-15 10:16 AM
    The community answer to Android apps, whether it be Snap or actually Loading the Google Play store are far superior to Amazon App Store. Period. When we first got the ability to install .apk directly on the device, many of us were warning people to not use the Amazon store as it's limited, contains older versions of apps, and also it's own DRM restrictions. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now with Amazon.
    Sadly I've only had success with self contained apps (i.e. No extra app data - typical with games) with Snap and the like. The Starbucks app, for example, works great.

The apps that have a separate .obb file always crash right after the splash screen. If I could get Splice up and running I would be happy. No big deal otherwise.

emPowered by 
    03-10-15 10:38 AM
    Play Store downloads obb files.
    03-10-15 11:02 AM
    I have the .obb files, that's not the problem. It's as if some other resource is missing. And yes, I have tried your method too, Cobalt (great work, btw).

emPowered by 
    03-10-15 11:19 AM
    Um, I have TWO Z10s through AT&T and have been able to install update leaks, snap, the patched play store bundle Bla1ze did, and a boatload of others without any issues...

Posted via my Z10 running 10.3.1.2072 quite seamlessly on AT&T
    Except the time that it took you to do all of that.. And then if for some reason you want to do a "clean" install (about the only way I install a new leak), you have to start all over.

BlackBerry is for enthusis and hobbyist... average consumers "ain't got time of that". Which is one of the reason sales are falling.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    03-10-15 11:24 AM
    Except the time that it took you to do all of that.. And then if for some reason you want to do a "clean" install (about the only way I install a new leak), you have to start all over.

BlackBerry is for enthusis and hobbyist... average consumers "ain't got time of that". Which is one of the reason sales are falling.
    Exactly. And this is why BB should be spitting mad about this nonsense with amazon. If they were going stab BB in the back like this then what was the point of the Amazon deal? They would have been better off preloading 1mobile and using their av scanner as the safeguard.
    03-10-15 12:13 PM
    I appreciate the comment, but that is not the subject of the thread. I also sideloaded Snap and get apps that Amazon doesn't offer. The issue for this discussion is Amazon (or their devs, it's not clear who) suddenly preventing BB users from loading popular android apps that we have been loading and using since 10.2.1. And because of Amazon's now limited app store, novice BB users and those coming back due to PP/Classic will have to sideload Snap or use 1mobile to get to the popular apps. That wasn't BBs solution to the app gap. The plan was Amazon app store.
    03-10-15 12:33 PM
    ...snip snip... BlackBerry is for enthusis and hobbyist... average consumers "ain't got time of that". Which is one of the reason sales are falling.
    ... and the enthusiasts and hobbyists are getting tired of this too. As I said earlier, we should be living the dream right now with the release of 10.3.1. The OS UI and gestures rock, and previously non-working android apps are running fast and with most features enabled. Instead we are back to the release of BB10: some malfunctioning devices and lack of popular apps on BBW.
    LuvULongTime and GSM-S like this.
    03-10-15 12:40 PM
    I agree with you. All android apps are on Google Play. They are updated more often, huge selection, et al. But the deal was struck with Amazon, not Google. Those of us invested in BBs "app plan" are now living with the consequences of that decision.
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-10-15 12:47 PM
    Exactly. And this is why BB should be spitting mad about this nonsense with amazon. If they were going stab BB in the back like this then what was the point of the Amazon deal? They would have been better off preloading 1mobile and using their av scanner as the safeguard.
    Amazon isn't "stabbing anyone in the back" - Amazon doesn't even have control over whether those apps are available to BB devices or not. That is entirely in the hands of the app's developers. Think about it: if you were developing an app, it is YOUR decision which app stores to support (remember that you have to re-code significant portions of your app to use Amazon's login, mapping, payment, and other resources compared to your Google Play version), and it's your decision which devices you support (16:9 phones? All phones? Tablets? Pre-4.0 Android? Car stereos, washing machines, thermostats?). Amazon can't dictate which devices you aren't able to support - they can only set a minimum requirement.

Of course, you can complain that Amazon's development environment doesn't have BB10 screen layouts or BB10-based troubleshooting, but I don't remember them ever promising anything like that. Without it, though, devs who don't own multiple BB10 devices to test on are going to be lost when problems are discovered in their apps, and to prevent support headaches and bad reviews, it's simple for them to uncheck the boxes that allow BB devices to download their app.

Finally, I think a lot of people grossly misunderstand the agreement BB and Amazon made. People are calling it a "partnership", but I think it's far less than that, and more along the lines of BB asking "Can we pre-load the Amazon Marketplace on our devices? Most apps seem to work" and Amazon replying "Sure, as long as you ditch your media services and give them access to ours." None of us really know for sure, but I doubt it went much deeper than that, because BB simply didn't have the leverage to demand anything more.
    JeepBB and mornhavon like this.
    03-10-15 01:13 PM
    Amazon isn't "stabbing anyone in the back" - Amazon doesn't even have control over whether those apps are available to BB devices or not. That is entirely in the hands of the app's developers. Think about it: if you were developing an app, it is YOUR decision which app stores to support (remember that you have to re-code significant portions of your app to use Amazon's login, mapping, payment, and other resources compared to your Google Play version), and it's your decision which devices you support (16:9 phones? All phones? Tablets? Pre-4.0 Android? Car stereos, washing machines, thermostats?). Amazon can't dictate which devices you aren't able to support - they can only set a minimum requirement.

Of course, you can complain that Amazon's development environment doesn't have BB10 screen layouts or BB10-based troubleshooting, but I don't remember them ever promising anything like that. Without it, though, devs who don't own multiple BB10 devices to test on are going to be lost when problems are discovered in their apps, and to prevent support headaches and bad reviews, it's simple for them to uncheck the boxes that allow BB devices to download their app.

Finally, I think a lot of people grossly misunderstand the agreement BB and Amazon made. People are calling it a "partnership", but I think it's far less than that, and more along the lines of BB asking "Can we pre-load the Amazon Marketplace on our devices? Most apps seem to work" and Amazon replying "Sure, as long as you ditch your media services and give them access to ours." None of us really know for sure, but I doubt it went much deeper than that, because BB simply didn't have the leverage to demand anything more.
    I use the word partnership loosely. It is more of a right to use. And stab in the back is more referencing Amazon's own services that are not available to BB users. THAT is something they can control. What is moronic is that these apps work well on BB all touch phones so there is no reason for them to be excluded. And what is ironic is that if BB didn't bother officially offering Amazon as a pre-load all of these apps would probably still work.

Oh well, they may as well officially close the doors on HW. It's over for good...
    03-10-15 01:24 PM
222 ... 23456 ...