Citrix works...so I'm good!
    Backup that APK brutha. Today it works, tomorrow it might be "incompatible".
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    03-09-15 11:21 AM
    ...will do! Thanks!
    03-09-15 11:33 AM
    ...will do! Thanks!
    Here is the link to "App Backup & Restore": https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATY9SZU...UvbUpU11449164
    I backed up all the APKs and put them on OneDrive. If there is a better solution to grab those APKs from the Amazon app store, I am all ears.
    eBud and FF22 like this.
    03-09-15 11:43 AM
    What all this comes down to is product support...As these Android is so fractured in forked OS and devices.. many app developers design their apps for specific devices.. anything else is listed as incompatible as they do not want to be stuck with product support where there may be issues with unsupported devices. This is where BB comes in... Basically, like Hulu, Netflix and Whatsapp etc...they have the ability to blacklist devices should they desire... As with Google Play store.. most apps work even if they say they do not.. having a new update and runtime in 10.3.1 gums up the works even more.... Welcome to the world of niche computer... remember "access" to the Amazon store does not mean all apps will work"... My neighbour bought a cheap Android Tablet and phone... Runs Android 4,0... When he logs onto Amazon there is very little main line apps for his tablet.... and Amazon Play and Google Play flat out does not support his device... welcome to wild and wacky world of Android... this is what happens when you get a fragmented ecosystem...
    steakman911 likes this.
    03-09-15 11:54 AM
    Hate to correct the all-knowing Bla1ze, but this is not true. My son's Z10 is locked into AT&T's 10.2.1 and Terraria is still outlawed. Same goes for Netflix, YouVersion, Sandbox, etc. Netflix was outlawed before my Z10 loaded the update.

Cool that Bla1ze is weighing in on the debate, though!
    Meh. Maybe it changed at some point but that was the case before 10.3.1 went official. I haven't checked since then, so I'll take your word for it. It's all rather stupid to me and makes no sense.. it's why the Amazon Appstore isn't even a viable solution for me. Snap and other resources are much better. Amazon is just another hit or miss fix among several.
    03-09-15 11:59 AM
    Ratings - STARS are the lifeblood of an Amazon dev and when word gets around that there are bad reviews by BB10 users on 10.2.1 AND there is no BB10 testing platform in the Amazon development console, thus no way for devs to isolate and fix BB10 issues then its not surprising that they exclude BB10 devices. Its going to get much worse.
    Troy Tiscareno and guruhabibi like this.
    03-09-15 12:03 PM
    What all this comes down to is product support...As these Android is so fractured in forked OS and devices.. many app developers design their apps for specific devices.. anything else is listed as incompatible as they do not want to be stuck with product support where there may be issues with unsupported devices. This is where BB comes in... Basically, like Hulu, Netflix and Whatsapp etc...they have the ability to blacklist devices should they desire... As with Google Play store.. most apps work even if they say they do not.. having a new update and runtime in 10.3.1 gums up the works even more.... Welcome to the world of niche computer... remember "access" to the Amazon store does not mean all apps will work"... My neighbour bought a cheap Android Tablet and phone... Runs Android 4,0... When he logs onto Amazon there is very little main line apps for his tablet.... and Amazon Play and Google Play flat out does not support his device... welcome to wild and wacky world of Android... this is what happens when you get a fragmented ecosystem...
    Yup. And that's why we bought the Fire HD7, to ensure that Kindle books work and movies download. We keep being told that devices won't matter eventually, that it will all be OS neutral. Even then, I expect BB to be marginalized...
    03-09-15 12:07 PM
    Endomondo is another example: no Pro version exists on BBW so we cannot take advantage of auto pause.
    I use Endomondo all the time, and auto pause works just fine without a 'pro' version. Only the "low power" option requires pro, and frankly, I can't cycle long enough to kill the battery on my Z30
    FF22 likes this.
    03-09-15 12:14 PM
    Meh. Maybe it changed at some point but that was the case before 10.3.1 went official. I haven't checked since then, so I'll take your word for it. It's all rather stupid to me and makes no sense.. it's why the Amazon Appstore isn't even a viable solution for me. Snap and other resources are much better. Amazon is just another hit or miss fix among several.
    I will agree that the catalyst seems to be the roll out of 10.3.1. Again, I agree that Snap is good and so is 1mobile - I use both to get what I can't on Amazon (Office Mobile, Clarizen, Singletracks, Lync). But the novice won't fool with the alternatives. My parents, who I convinced to buy Z10s after 10.2.1, won't sideload Snap or load 1mobile app store. They will use Amazon.
    dejanh and sjwpenney like this.
    03-09-15 12:15 PM
    They went 'incompatible' because you updated to 10.3.1.. before then, you're device wasn't recognized, with 10.3.1 it is. You can check it yourself by going back to 10.2.1. They'll all be available again. Not that that's a solution just saying that's where the change happened / came from.
    So why would 10.3.1 be seen as incompatible by these apps? It runs Android 4.3, and fire Phone OS runs between 4.2 and 4.4. So basically, the developers of these apps are shunning BlackBerry just because, and not due to any technical limitations on our phones. So utterly brutal. The whole point of official amazon support was to be able to get access to these apps easily and legitimately.
    03-09-15 12:21 PM
    I use Endomondo all the time, and auto pause works just fine without a 'pro' version. Only the "low power" option requires pro, and frankly, I can't cycle long enough to kill the battery on my Z30
    Endomondo is another BB horror story. I got so frustrated with the OS7 version on my 9810 during MTB and running that I ditched it for a Garmin Forerunner that never loses track. Chalk that up as another BB let down, for me at least. The Endo Pro app was a free download at Amazon not to long ago and I use it when I leave my friggin Garmin in the drawer by accident.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 03-09-15 at 12:23 PM. Reason: grammer
    George_B likes this.
    03-09-15 12:22 PM
    So why would 10.3.1 be seen as incompatible by these apps? It runs Android 4.3, and fire Phone OS runs between 4.2 and 4.4. So basically, the developers of these apps are shunning BlackBerry just because, and not due to any technical limitations on our phones. So utterly brutal. The whole point of official amazon support was to be able to get access to these apps easily and legitimately.
    The catalyst for me was the YouVersion app. Why in the world would the dev care about whether it works on both BBW or Amazon, I do not know. It's a free app!!! Yes, it exists in two different ecosystems. Same goes for the games - who knows how much money King is making with Candy Crush on the Z10s and Z30s. So why in the world would King ever want to outlaw Candy Crush on BBs? I know it works TODAY - but it would not shock me if it was outlawed tomorrow.
    03-09-15 12:28 PM
    Ratings - STARS are the lifeblood of an Amazon dev and when word gets around that there are bad reviews by BB10 users on 10.2.1 AND there is no BB10 testing platform in the Amazon development console, thus no way for devs to isolate and fix BB10 issues then its not surprising that they exclude BB10 devices. Its going to get much worse.
    Part of the reason for making this list of suddenly and shockingly "incompatible" apps is to direct users to them for the ratings. I have already added my negative reviews to several of them, but not all. Eventually I will add links to each of them so it will be easy to add a one star review to them. I hope you're right, and that negative reviews do make an impact.
    03-09-15 12:41 PM
    The catalyst for me was the YouVersion app. Why in the world would the dev care about whether it works on both BBW or Amazon, I do not know. It's a free app!!! Yes, it exists in two different ecosystems. Same goes for the games - who knows how much money King is making with Candy Crush on the Z10s and Z30s. So why in the world would King ever want to outlaw Candy Crush on BBs? I know it works TODAY - but it would not shock me if it was outlawed tomorrow.
    I can tell you definitely that no one is committed to being on more platforms than YouVersion. If it is ethically possible, the folks behind YouVersion will be there.

I don't know the specifics, but I do know that entity does not look to marginalize platforms just because.
    03-09-15 12:49 PM
    Part of the reason for making this list of suddenly and shockingly "incompatible" apps is to direct users to them for the ratings. I have already added my negative reviews to several of them, but not all. Eventually I will add links to each of them so it will be easy to add a one star review to them. I hope you're right, and that negative reviews do make an impact.
    Is this a punitive measure or one designed to bring the app back. If its the latter then its the wrong approach. Better to engage the dev directly via whatever communication pathway to provided and get more info on WHY they excluded Blackbbery ie. works but not optimal on 4:3 devices, bugs but no way to resolve without owning device etc.
    kbz1960 and mikeo007 like this.
    03-09-15 12:53 PM
    I'm only using the Amazon app store because of the free app of the day promotion otherwise it would have been deleted long ago.
    Compared to the play store and other Android stores the devs take ages to update their apps and many aren't even available.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 01:00 PM
    I can tell you definitely that no one is committed to being on more platforms than YouVersion. If it is ethically possible, the folks behind YouVersion will be there.

I don't know the specifics, but I do know that entity does not look to marginalize platforms just because.
    I use their app every single day and night on both the Z10 and on the Playbook. My family uses it just as often. But they don't support it on BBW like they do on android. Which is why I think this is more Amazon outlawing it than LifeChurch.tv ticking the check boxes on device compatibilities. I use the Amazon version on my Z10 and a sideloaded working version on the Playbook. The BBW version just isn't as good as android and no update appears to be coming.
    03-09-15 01:02 PM
    The free app of the day isn't showing for me today. Dunno if it's on all devices or just BlackBerry . Just looked, no free app of the day on BlackBerry but it shows on my daughters kindle. We are getting shut out on amazon as well. Good thing I don't really need a lot of apps. I'm just editing this post as I go along. I'm incorrect on the free app of the day. It was just easily missed when I looked. It is there though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by medic22003; 03-09-15 at 01:14 PM.
    03-09-15 01:02 PM
    Is this a punitive measure or one designed to bring the app back. If its the latter then its the wrong approach. Better to engage the dev directly via whatever communication pathway to provided and get more info on WHY they excluded Blackbbery ie. works but not optimal on 4:3 devices, bugs but no way to resolve without owning device etc.
    I want the apps back. And I have been approaching it on multiple fronts: here in the forums, negative feedback at Amazon with reviews, emails/calls to the devs, email to BB. But we have been here before with the Playbook and OS7. Outrage and canceled Netflix accts over no app for the Playbook, and look how that turned out. The promised Kindle app for the Playbook never showed up. All our irritation and action is like a fart in the wind.
    03-09-15 01:09 PM
    I'll tell you something. When i was on 10.2.1, i installed the latest version of the Amazon App store. Even though i got a lot of apps that i wanted like - tune-in radio pro, candy crush saga, Autodesk sketch book, temple run games e.t.c, I couldn't find instagram, spotify, netflix and candy crush soda. I wondered if they were not available on the Amazon app store at all or they were not available for blackberry devices with the latest version of the App-store at that time. However, since I already had most of the apps I needed, I did not bother.
    I find it quite strange now that most apps that were working for some people now are no longer working, even more apalling that a lot of people would blame it on BlackBerry, Not that i want to defend Blackberry, but i think they have tried their best, and even desperately trying their best to bridge the app gap. Their efforts to beg developers, or even pay them when BB10 first came out did not work well, then they provided the options to side-load android apps-still not many would try it, then they improved the run-time such that direct installation of APKs without side-loading was enabled-still people complained. Now they've struck a deal with Amazon for their Appstore to come pre-installed which i think is the most viable option (I think they don't want to officially promote SNAP because of the fear of being sued).
    Now that the deal with Amazon is on, what do we get? developers choosing not to list their apps as compatible for Blackerry devises. What a shame!!! Why would a developer want less number of people to have access to their apps? I thought the excuse before now was that they couldn't justify spending so much to develop for 'tiny' BB (even though they could have easily ported their apps in no time to BB world- still, they refused), How come now that they have to do ZERO extra work to get their apps working on BB they are still blocking the apps? Its a big shame!!! Believe it or not, i think and believe, based on this evidence, that there is a HUGE conspiracy out against BB!!!
    Sorry for the rant and looong comment, I don't usually do this.
    Last edited by Ay sini; 03-09-15 at 01:34 PM.
    03-09-15 01:15 PM
    Your doing it wrong. Positive reviews from BlackBerry users will increase the chances of support.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 01:27 PM
    How come now that they have to do ZERO extra work to get their apps working on BB they are still blocking the apps? Its a big shame!!! Believe it or not, i think and believe, based on this evidence, that there is a HUGE conspiracy theory out against BB!!!
    sorry for the rant and looong comment, I don't usually do this.
    Its a misnomer that it requires 'zero work' if that were the case all the apps in BBWorld would be available for the Passport and for 10.3.1. Perhaps this might be a subject for the next BerryFlow podcast, but I'd like to know more about the challenges on the dev side for BB10 support. I'm sure Bla1ze has contacts on the BB10 dev side but an Amazon dev would be great too.
    03-09-15 01:29 PM
    I'll tell you something. When i was on 10.2.1, i installed the latest version of the Amazon App store. Even though i got a lot of apps that i wanted like - tune-in radia pro, candy crush saga, Autodesk sketch book, temple run games e.t.c, i couldn't find instagram, spotify, netflix and candy crush soda. I wondered if they were not available on the Amazon app store at all or they were not available for blackberry devices with the latest version of the Appstore at that time. However, since I already had most of the apps i needed, I did not bother.
    I find it quite strange now that most apps that were working for some people now are no longer working, even more appaling that a lot of people would blame it on BlackBerry, Not that i want to defend Blackberry, but i think they have tried their best, and even desperately trying their best to bridge the app gap. Their efforts to beg developers, or even pay them when BB10 first came out did not work well, then they provided the options to side-load android apps-still not many would try it, then they improved the runtime such that direct installation of APKs without side-loading was enabled-still people complained. Now they've struck a deal with Amazon for their Appstore to come pre-installed which i think is the most viable option (I think they don't want to officially promote SNAP because of the fear of being sued).
    Now that the deal with Amazon is on, what do we get? developers choosing not to list their apps as compatible for Blackerry devises. What a shame!!! Why would a developer want less number of people to have access to their apps? I thought the excuse before now was that they couldn't justify spending so much to develop for 'tiny' BB (even though they could have easily ported their apps in no time to BB world- still, they refused), How come now that they have to do ZERO extra work to get their apps working on BB they are still blocking the apps? Its a big shame!!! Believe it or not, i think and believe, based on this evidence, that there is a HUGE conspiracy theory out against BB!!!
    sorry for the rant and looong comment, I don't usually do this.
    The rollout of 10.2.1 was what got me to upgrade to the Z10. Loading APKs directly was a genius approach to solving the app gap. It was a no-nonsense "try to stop us now" move by BB. And 10.3 was even better - more apps compatible, even the MS ones not working with 10.2.1. We should be overwhelmed with good news and excited to be BB fans today. Instead, I am learning that BB's partner Amazon may slowly be removing the apps one at a time from our cloud. Very disappointed.
    03-09-15 01:29 PM
    Your doing it wrong. Positive reviews from BlackBerry users will increase the chances of support.
    The reviews were positive as long as we had access to them. Now they are not. I was thrilled to have Wells Fargo on the Z10 until it was "incompatible". I still use it today. I can't praise an app I can't get.
    03-09-15 01:33 PM
    Its a misnomer that it requires 'zero work' if that were the case all the apps in BBWorld would be available for the Passport and for 10.3.1. Perhaps this might be a subject for the next BerryFlow podcast, but I'd like to know more about the challenges on the dev side for BB10 support. I'm sure Bla1ze has contacts on the BB10 dev side but an Amazon dev would be great too.
    The "zero work" fallacy has been repeated so much it has become conventional wisdom here.
    03-09-15 01:34 PM
222 1234 ...