Hi guys, did any one made the life 360 work on the BlackBerry 10 phones? Or do we have any locator apps on our BBW? Or maybe any similar apps that could work on BlackBerry 10?

Have to keep my family on track, for safety purposes. We all have blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:42 PM
    no it doesn't work requires google play for the maps and resources.
    07-06-14 10:53 PM
    Same quest here. My problem is in finding something that works on both android and blackberry.

I've tried to get life360 working but it apparently needs Google services to work. I think I got as far as signing in, but I can't view locations.

There are bb apps which use geofencing to report when specific areas are entered or left, but I want the ability to see where someone is currently.
    07-06-14 10:54 PM
    Right, I wonder if any one successfully patched the life 360 app.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:57 PM
    I'm running Life360 (version 6.5.1) patched with Cobalt's Lucky Patcher on a Verizon Z30 10.2.1.2991 STA100-3 without any issues - fully functional.
    popengchan likes this.
    09-27-14 02:59 PM
    I'm running Life360 (version 6.5.1) patched with Cobalt's Lucky Patcher on a Verizon Z30 10.2.1.2991 STA100-3 without any issues - fully functional.
    Hi, can you give me a step by step on what you did? I have mine patched with lucky patcher as well. Although mine works when I open it, but it does not update everytime I close it. And sometimes, even when I open the life 360 app, it does not update my current location.

What I did was, download the apk, used lucky patcher to rebuild then install. Any thing I should be reminded of? Or anything I missed? Or your's does not update as well from time to time? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:55 AM
    Hi, can you give me a step by step on what you did? I have mine patched with lucky patcher as well. Although mine works when I open it, but it does not update everytime I close it. And sometimes, even when I open the life 360 app, it does not update my current location.

What I did was, download the apk, used lucky patcher to rebuild then install. Any thing I should be reminded of? Or anything I missed? Or your's does not update as well from time to time? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    No issues at all on mine. First, make certain you've installed the Google Play Services 5.0.84 (pre-patched by cobalt) if you're on 10.2.1 or 10.3. I then downloaded and installed Life360 via Snap. Using Lucky Patcher 4.4.4, Life360 was then patched to remove the Google dependencies. I then uninstalled Life360, rebooted the phone and installed the modified APK that was created on the device. It worked for me. Good luck.
    Last edited by semime; 09-28-14 at 10:07 AM.
    09-28-14 09:33 AM
    Has anyone found and used a BB10 native app that does what Life360 does (real-time location tracking of family members), even if it's just between BlackBerries?
    09-29-14 12:51 PM
    Has anyone found and used a BB10 native app that does what Life360 does (real-time location tracking of family members), even if it's just between BlackBerries?
    Glympse through BBM?
    09-29-14 04:31 PM
    Life360 will run as intended on the Z30 but the closest native app I'm aware of is Just Your Location for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20384472
    I'm unable to comment on its effectiveness since I've never used it but appears to have solid positive reviews.

In my opinion, Glympse does a nice job of intense tracking but requires constant attention with the 4 hour max intervals - not to mention the heavy battery demands. It works but isn't well suited for a set and forget tracking solution or "Google Latitude-ish" experience Life360 offers.

Posted via CB10
    popengchan likes this.
    09-30-14 11:05 AM
    Hi guys, did any one made the life 360 work on the BlackBerry 10 phones? Or do we have any locator apps on our BBW? Or maybe any similar apps that could work on BlackBerry 10?

Have to keep my family on track, for safety purposes. We all have blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    Posting helpful info...

See here and download the Cozi Family Locator app. Apparently it's from the same people that did the Life360 app. In fact, I was able to login to the Cozi app with my Life360 login. It runs in the background on my phone and updates location automatically, just like Life360 did on my iPhone.

No need to jump thru hoops with the Google Play Services stuff.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-app-942101/
    popengchan likes this.
    10-12-14 06:52 PM
    Posting helpful info...

See here and download the Cozi Family Locator app. Apparently it's from the same people that did the Life360 app. In fact, I was able to login to the Cozi app with my Life360 login. It runs in the background on my phone and updates location automatically, just like Life360 did on my iPhone.

No need to jump thru hoops with the Google Play Services stuff.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-app-942101/
    Hi, I really appreciate your help on this. Life360 type of app is really helpful for me and my family. Can I have a few more questions?

1) it seems that Cozi was available in google play but got pulled out and is now only available in 1mobile market. Why is that? Does it still get updated? Why is it not available in google play any more?

Seems as well that I have a few problems that may incline me not to use the Cozi app:

-map is very slow to load, after many restarts and refresh, the map still loads very slowly even with high speed internet
    -i can't get to any circles other than one circle
    -when I click the name of my member, it goes straight to my own location, not theirs
    -there seems to be other people showing up on my map that is not within my circle

Anyway, this is a good alternative app to get an auto-updating of location for one circle. Thank you for enlightening me on this. I still hope life360 or the same kind may get around to making an app for us.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by popengchan; 10-12-14 at 09:03 PM.
    10-12-14 08:00 PM
    Hi, I really appreciate your help on this. Life360 type of app is really helpful for me and my family. Can I have a few more questions?

Seems as well that I have a few problems that may incline me not to use the Cozi app:

-map is very slow to load, after many restarts and refresh, the map still loads very slowly even with high speed internet
    -i can't get to any circles other than one circle
    -when I click the name of my member, it goes straight to my own location, not theirs
    -there seems to be other people showing up on my map that is not within my circle

Anyway, this is a good alternative app to get an auto-updating of location for one circle. Thank you for enlightening me on this. I still hope life360 or the same kind may get around to making an app for us.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not experiencing those problems. Not sure about the limitation for just one circle as that is not an issue for me. The app works perfectly on my phone. Which OS are you running? I'm running the recently "leaked" 10.3.1.632 on a Z10. Perhaps that's the difference?
    10-13-14 05:49 PM
    I'm not experiencing those problems. Not sure about the limitation for just one circle as that is not an issue for me. The app works perfectly on my phone. Which OS are you running? I'm running the recently "leaked" 10.3.1.632 on a Z10. Perhaps that's the difference?
    Maybe so. I'm on the official 10.2.1 os. Can you show me a screenshot wherein you can choose a different circle that you have created? I do not have options for that. And some images for what the whole app looks like when navigating, mine's like a little retro looking app

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:34 PM