If your level 95 plus join our adult clan - Clanit Up
    Kik and Gamecenter is Markstealth

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:58 AM
    OK, so if I back the Android data from CoC and the Android Runtime, my progress is saved.

But if you restore the Android Runtime on a newer OS (10.3.1), is the Android Runtime not downgraded then?

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    No.

The "Android" Runtime is not being restored. It's the "Blackberry" Runtime which is composed of a bunch of android data that is being restored.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-14-14 08:59 AM
    Tomatoe, tomato

So why 'no'?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:08 PM
    Tomatoe, tomato

So why 'no'?

Posted via CB10
    The question was "will the Android Runtime be downgraded?". The answer is "No". The Android Runtime is not something that is "restored".

Hardly tomatoe, tomato. I explained it pretty clearly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-14-14 01:18 PM
    OK, so if I back the Android data from CoC and the Android Runtime, my progress is saved.

But if you restore the Android Runtime on a newer OS (10.3.1), is the Android Runtime not downgraded then?

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    Some info for you: http://developer.blackberry.com/andr...tr_10-3-x.html

'Version 10.3.0
    Android Jelly Bean 4.3 Support

The Android runtime has been upgraded from Jelly Bean 4.2.2 to 4.3.'

So I think that when you restore your game on 10.3.0 or higher, the only runtime that you can use will be 4.3.

Hope that answers your question.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:10 PM
    yeah coc on the passport works only if you restore a previous file since you cant do the single player campaign.

Let's get access to Clash of Clans app data and save files.-img_20141110_234412.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bombastic likes this.
    11-15-14 01:45 PM
    I was able to restore on my z10 and z30 so I have the same game running on two devices. Do you think if I emailed SC to restore it to an android device that I could have it running on my android and blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:27 AM
    Can someone post how i make a Backup of my CoC game?
    I'm using the BlackBerry classic
    12-19-14 06:13 PM
    I backed up my Z10 application data using BlackBerry Link, I think restored that data to the Passport and it worked fine. I would say you can do the same thing with your Classic. Goodluck!
    12-22-14 09:24 AM
    hye brotha, in the time 3 weeks u wait supercell give u a code are u keep playing like normal? if can play like normal..i will follow u report supercell that my device stolen too..some info?
    12-24-14 10:17 AM
    Get the developer to release it for BB10. Problem solved

You can't get a 100 percent certain answer on CB when your asking about inner workings and designs for an android game. You should be asking on their user forums for clash of the titans.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-27-14 02:54 AM
    Clash of the Titans? Lol, have some coffee on me.

In other news, being able to view the entire base on a Passport is really great. Thx for the screenshot

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:53 AM
    Today I sadly thought that I had lost all of my progress in Clashies but got kind of lucky and was able to get it back into my Z10, it may not be a complete solution to the google services problem to back up the progress but its better than losing the game all together

Basically after deleting the game off my phone I realized that I had an old back-up of my phone for only the "applications" that I had at the time (sep 2014) and since I had decided to load the new leak I decided to also upload the old back-up with the Clash of Clans info in it. After updating the app to the newest version I opened it up and BAM! there it was up the where I had left it off this afternoon.

So what I'm thinking is that having a backup of your apps may be able to save your progress of your game if maybe you lose or delete the game like I did today
    12-31-14 01:38 AM
    Yeah that's why you sometimes get that message about ' client and server are not in sync ' while playing Clash. So as long as you update an old game save to the latest version, you should be safe

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:10 AM
    Hi need help. Right now just update my OS to 1949 and restore my coc from .1154 before this i will get notification if anything done upgrade but now no more notification. Any solution? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 08:23 AM
    I had the official os that came with the passport. For some reasone, android apps stop working. Did hard reset a lot of time and nothing. Did a backup and upgrade to the 2072 and when I restored, couldn't restore media, coc, etc. I got coc on my z10, did a backup of that app but couldn't restore it on the passport. Any idea how could I transfer coc, boom beach, etc to my Pp from my z?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-26-15 05:07 AM
    So as i have read through the majority of the comments here i see that once you backup your device you only have to restore Clash of Clans and Blackberry Runtime to get your progress back.

Now that Link is able to select individual apps you want to backup (even Android Apps) i was only backing just the Clash of Clans app. I thought if i restore JUST that then it will also include the progress, i have NOT tested restoring it yet though... too paranoid.

I have tired backing up another game deleting it, then restoring just the game and not Blackberry Runtime and it did restore the saved score data. So i'm wondering why Clash of Clans would be any different.

So the question is, does BOTH Clash of Clans and Blackberry Runtime have to be restored together? or just Clash of Clans being restored would suffice...The reason why is because Blackberry Runtime is a huge file to restore compared to just Clash of Clans which is like 64 MB...
    02-11-15 03:34 PM
    So the question is, does BOTH Clash of Clans and Blackberry Runtime have to be restored together? or just Clash of Clans being restored would suffice...The reason why is because Blackberry Runtime is a huge file to restore compared to just Clash of Clans which is like 64 MB...
    Yes, you need both.

It's the only Android app I know that needs the BlackBerry Runtime actually - not to say there aren't others.

The issue is that the BlackBerry Runtime can be easily corrupted and is responsible for many of the problems with regards to android app hub notifications, Android sharing, etc... a catch 22.

That's why a BlackBerry really isn't a good idea for a serious CoC player.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-11-15 03:38 PM
    Your right, thanks for the reply.

As people are still probably trying to find a way to sync progress with this game. We are all hoping this can be done eventually because just as you said, your pretty much stuck with playing this game on a Blackberry device without having the assurance of cloud storage.

Lets hope something can be done. Eventually.
    02-11-15 03:47 PM
    Alright so a little bit of an update with the blackberry side of things.

I started playing COC on my wife's Z10 and made some progress in the game.. enough progress to sacrifice that is. So I tried two ways of backing up and restoring to see how her village gets restored:

This is on OS 10.3.1.2072 but i'm sure every version of 10.3.1 will do, including the latest.

BACKING UP JUST THE COC APP WITH BB LINK:

Because this OS lets you choose individual apps that you want to back up I only chose to backup COC. Once the backup completed I delete COC off the phone. When I tried to restore the backup file I just made, it would not let me because it was missing the game on the phone. So I installed COC (making sure it's the same versions ofcourse) when I opened the game it started fresh like it was never played. So then I tried the restore again, this time it worked because the game was installed on the device. After the phone rebooted I opened up clash of clans and it continued where I left off! So it doesn't seem I needed the "BlackBerry Runtime" backed up after all.

RESTORING THAT SAME BACKUP AFTER MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR VILLAGE :

This I found very interesting, since that restore worked I kept the backup file handy. I made several changes to the village in the meantime and made upgrades etc. Then I deleted the game, reinstalled it, and restored that "older" backup file. When I opened the game (thinking it would restore the village before all the changes I made) it retained all the changes and upgrades I made.

So it seems that the backup file probably only contains certain information that communicates with the Super Cell servers to restore your database (Village). According to this method you really only need one backup file of the COC app, and anytime you delete the game just reinstall and restore the backup for just that app. All your progress should just come right back.

Now this could be because of the OS or maybe something on the super cell side of things.. but I'm still going to periodically backup my COC on my Z10 just in case lol... oh yea and unfortunately this still doesn't solve the problem of syncing your village with Google+

HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3.1
    02-16-15 08:40 PM
    Alright so a little bit of an update with the blackberry side of things.

I started playing COC on my wife's Z10 and made some progress in the game.. enough progress to sacrifice that is. So I tried two ways of backing up and restoring to see how her village gets restored:

This is on OS 10.3.1.2072 but i'm sure every version of 10.3.1 will do, including the latest.

BACKING UP JUST THE COC APP WITH BB LINK:

Because this OS lets you choose individual apps that you want to back up I only chose to backup COC. Once the backup completed I delete COC off the phone. When I tried to restore the backup file I just made, it would not let me because it was missing the game on the phone. So I installed COC (making sure it's the same versions ofcourse) when I opened the game it started fresh like it was never played. So then I tried the restore again, this time it worked because the game was installed on the device. After the phone rebooted I opened up clash of clans and it continued where I left off! So it doesn't seem I needed the "BlackBerry Runtime" backed up after all.

RESTORING THAT SAME BACKUP AFTER MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR VILLAGE :

This I found very interesting, since that restore worked I kept the backup file handy. I made several changes to the village in the meantime and made upgrades etc. Then I deleted the game, reinstalled it, and restored that "older" backup file. When I opened the game (thinking it would restore the village before all the changes I made) it retained all the changes and upgrades I made.

So it seems that the backup file probably only contains certain information that communicates with the Super Cell servers to restore your database (Village). According to this method you really only need one backup file of the COC app, and anytime you delete the game just reinstall and restore the backup for just that app. All your progress should just come right back.

Now this could be because of the OS or maybe something on the super cell side of things.. but I'm still going to periodically backup my COC on my Z10 just in case lol... oh yea and unfortunately this still doesn't solve the problem of syncing your village with Google+

HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3.1
    Yes, but all of that changes if the BlackBerry Runtime data is deleted too - not just the CoC app. Try a security wipe or run an autoloader. THEN you need to restore both.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-16-15 09:47 PM
    Yes, but all of that changes if the BlackBerry Runtime data is deleted too - not just the CoC app. Try a security wipe or run an autoloader. THEN you need to restore both.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    See that's what I don't understand, why would it matter whether the blackberry runtime is deleted or not, because when you delete the game and reinstall it it doesn't detect that there was a pervious saved game on file anyway. Until you restore the app from link it continues where you left off.

but it's worth a try to test that when I can. Next autoloader I'll test it I guess.

HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3.1
    02-16-15 09:55 PM
    See that's what I don't understand, why would it matter whether the blackberry runtime is deleted or not, because when you delete the game and reinstall it it doesn't detect that there was a pervious saved game on file anyway. Until you restore the app from link it continues where you left off.

but it's worth a try to test that when I can. Next autoloader I'll test it I guess.

HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3.1
    Because it needs the saved settings information from the CoC app AND the BlackBerry Runtime together to make it work.

I can 100% confirm that after a clean install or security wipe, it is not enough to just restore the CoC app by itself.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    blakobecwa likes this.
    02-16-15 10:24 PM
    Because it needs the saved settings information from the CoC app AND the BlackBerry Runtime together to make it work.

I can 100% confirm that after a clean install or security wipe, it is not enough to just restore the CoC app by itself.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    That's insane, but thanks for confirming that. I'll be backing up both files then.

HamuZ10 @ OS 10.3.1
    02-16-15 11:50 PM
    Hey guys can I save transfer my coc account from my android phone to bbz10...???

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:47 AM
251 ... 678910 ...