Invited

Posted via CB10
    Since the thread is originally intended to find a way to back-up our progress and not to share PINs for the CoC Group I have created a new thread "Clash of Clans BBM Group for Tips, Conversations and Fun!" where we can do exactly that.

So if you would like to share your PIN and be added to the Clash of Clans BBM Group, post your pin in this thread instead!
    Clash of Clans BBM Group for Tips, Conversations and Fun!

Since there is coming out a new update today this might open up new ways for us to try and find a way to save our progress, for example installing a bar file instead of the APK which will be backed-up using BlackBerry Link. Any thoughts?
    00stryder likes this.
    04-09-14 04:13 AM
    Sorry about that, I made my own group as well

As far as apk vs bar file, that would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:04 AM
    Since there is coming out a new update today this might open up new ways for us to try and find a way to save our progress, for example installing a bar file instead of the APK which will be backed-up using BlackBerry Link. Any thoughts?
    As much as I would like for it to be so, it seems that either the devs would need to port the game into BB World (Android or native, though native would offer more assurance that a backup would stick), or they would need to deliberately implement an additional cloud storage method such as through Facebook (instead of just using it to record scoreboard info).

Honestly, with regards to this particular issue, the ball is in Google/BlackBerry's court with this infernal Google Play Services situation. We may not have a legit resolution to this problem until 10.3.X.XXXX is officially released, and that's if BlackBerry even addresses it in the update.

Here's to hoping though!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:59 AM
    Sorry about that, I made my own group as well

As far as apk vs bar file, that would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    Haha no need to apologise xxsashixx! The thread I created was intended to get people to your BBM Group. I didn't create a seperate group myself I have posted my PIN in the new thread so you can add me as well!
    04-09-14 09:36 AM
    Dude its very simple ........... what u have 2 do is to get a file manager (es file manager its d best)and find the folder supercell........ and copy it to any other location......... and when u install install the game next time just replace the new games supercell folder with the one u had copied....!!!!!
    04-12-14 12:07 AM
    ???

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 12:46 AM
    Dude... please read the whole thread. it seems it really isn't that easy. All data regarding the game can't be moved, copied or modified as you have stated.

But thanks for thinking about possible solutions.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 12:34 PM
    Dude its very simple ........... what u have 2 do is to get a file manager (es file manager its d best)and find the folder supercell........ and copy it to any other location......... and when u install install the game next time just replace the new games supercell folder with the one u had copied....!!!!!
    Seriously? If one more person suggests this without actually having a way to do it is gonna hear an earful

Posted from my Awesome ? Z30 |Juventus Channel: C0001C785
    04-15-14 09:58 AM
    Anyone know how to patch the google services?
    On the new version of CoC, it says that it needs the updated version of google services to be able to log in my Google+.

Maybe this is the answer to our problem here.
    Someone help.
    Let's get access to Clash of Clans app data and save files.-img_20140417_170653.png

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2228) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    04-17-14 04:09 AM
    Anyone know how to patch the google services?
    On the new version of CoC, it says that it needs the updated version of google services to be able to log in my Google+.

Maybe this is the answer to our problem here.
    Someone help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140417_170653.png 
Views:	1644 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	263759

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2228) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    This is the issue that all BlackBerry users have wit this game... we can't get the Google services to work with this game

04-19-14 07:54 PM
    I will have my z10 forever if I can't move it to another device...want to get the z30 but dont feel like carrying two phone around either lol
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-19-14 09:37 PM
    Latest 10.2.1.xxx OS allows for backup to restore appdata for android. I tried it today and my CoC progress is saved.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-929081/
    05-06-14 02:10 PM
    Latest 10.2.1.xxx OS allows for backup to restore appdata for android. I tried it today and my CoC progress is saved.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-929081/
    Ok wait wait this is huge news... what did you try exactly? can you please specify your steps so we can try it

05-06-14 03:02 PM
    Ok wait wait this is huge news... what did you try exactly? can you please specify your steps so we can try it

Its huge news. I have NOT upgraded in a very long time because I got hooked on CoC. I have been on 10.2.1.2234 for quite some time. In the the 10.2.1.3175 thread people were talking about ALL their apk apps and user data being restored. I was skeptical at first but after I saw a few others reporting that a full restore brought in the data I immediately held my breath and went for it. I had a TH Level 7 at stake here too. I was so relieved to find it ALL there when I came back. The only thing I had to do was add snap and enter my passwords for my email. I normally dont upgrade with a restore, but to keep CoC I figured it was worth a shot.

Anyway. My steps are as follows:

Z30 on OS 10.2.1.2234
    Do a full backup
    Run autoloader for Z30 found in http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-929081/
    Restore full backup. Profit.
    dzbeebo and 00stryder like this.
    05-06-14 03:21 PM
    Its huge news. I have NOT upgraded in a very long time because I got hooked on CoC. I have been on 10.2.1.2234 for quite some time. In the the 10.2.1.3175 thread people were talking about ALL their apk apps and user data being restored. I was skeptical at first but after I saw a few others reporting that a full restore brought in the data I immediately held my breath and went for it. I had a TH Level 7 at stake here too. I was so relieved to find it ALL there when I came back. The only thing I had to do was add snap and enter my passwords for my email. I normally dont upgrade with a restore, but to keep CoC I figured it was worth a shot.

Z30 on OS 10.2.1.2234
    Do a full backup
    Run autoloader for Z30 found in http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-929081/
    OH WOW!! Thanks DUDE! i'm gonna try it tonight on my Z30 to see if it will work or not.. then transfer my Z10 stuff to the Z30 after I verified it works and let everyone know how it goes.
    05-06-14 04:26 PM
    Let me know if it works Beeb. I upgraded from offical OS to the leak and didn't get my data back through the backup. I may have needed to install COC before I restored. I will play with this in a couple days when I have time.

Loading CoC before restoring didn't save the data either. Very odd as I've had previous install that seemed to save it.
    Last edited by Mugenski; 05-07-14 at 08:15 AM.
    05-06-14 05:17 PM
    I ran a couple tests tonight and was able to backup my BB Z30 using Link and then restored it to my BB Z10. It made a backup of my Clash of Clans village and restored it fully, I now have it on two separate Blackberry's at the same time. As soon as you log in with one it boots you off of the other, and so one.

I had a little difficulty because my main BB (Z30) is connected to a BES server at work and the restore would not bring my android apps back until I connected the Z10 also to the BES as an additional device under my username before restoring the image.

Next test , I am not going to try removing the Z10 from the BES, creating another backup and then restoring without the BES connection to see if it is not needed at that point.

Regardless it is now working on both devices and months of building up my vill will not be lost. Too bad we cannot get this on the playbook, as it would be ideal.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-06-14 11:15 PM
    hi all .. please progres restore data
    05-07-14 07:47 AM
    I ran a couple tests tonight and was able to backup my BB Z30 using Link and then restored it to my BB Z10. It made a backup of my Clash of Clans village and restored it fully, I now have it on two separate Blackberry's at the same time. As soon as you log in with one it boots you off of the other, and so one.

I had a little difficulty because my main BB (Z30) is connected to a BES server at work and the restore would not bring my android apps back until I connected the Z10 also to the BES as an additional device under my username before restoring the image.

Next test , I am not going to try removing the Z10 from the BES, creating another backup and then restoring without the BES connection to see if it is not needed at that point.

Regardless it is now working on both devices and months of building up my vill will not be lost. Too bad we cannot get this on the playbook, as it would be ideal.
    Alright , final test completed, Removed BES connection, Made another backup, restored to another Z10 without connecting to BES first, Clash of Clans is back, along with all the rest of the Android Apps. Looks like we are gtg!
    00stryder likes this.
    05-07-14 12:36 PM
    Alright , final test completed, Removed BES connection, Made another backup, restored to another Z10 without connecting to BES first, Clash of Clans is back, along with all the rest of the Android Apps. Looks like we are gtg!
    What OS were you on when you made the backup? Official seemed to backup all my android stuff except Clash... Kind of aggravating.
    05-08-14 08:47 PM

Z30 on OS 10.2.1.2234
    Do a full backup
    Wondering if you install the CoC from Snap first then do a restore?

Posted via Z30 (STA100-2 | 10.2.1.2141) Powered by Globe Philippines
    05-08-14 09:37 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen.. I can confirm that the steps above have worked and I have been able to move my Clash of Clans game from the Z10 to the Z30 with my progress!!! YESSSS!!

Maybe I should open a thread specifically for this announcement and link back to here so that people can get the details and see that there are others who have managed to do it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:59 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen.. I can confirm that the steps above have worked and I have been able to move my Clash of Clans game from the Z10 to the Z30 with my progress!!! YESSSS!!

Maybe I should open a thread specifically for this announcement and link back to here so that people can get the details and see that there are others who have managed to do it.

Posted via CB10
    You definitely should... List your OS version and other details, because I know at least 4 people who would be very excited if this really works, myself included
    05-12-14 12:02 AM
    Well... I can verify it

I took the plunge even though I really thought I would lose everything. The steps were easy too

-Did a FULL Link backup on a Z10 -3 running 10.2.1.2273

-Upgraded to 10.3.0.296

-Did a FULL restore.

Now all my apps and folder arrangements are back to their original state. I've checked 3 Android games so far, and all have their progress intact.

Thanks BlackBerry!!!
    05-12-14 02:09 PM
    I'm looking for a method to transfer my save files to my android nvidia shield. Off my Z10

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-12-14 02:11 PM
251 ... 23456 ...