Nope can't do that.. at least we can't get access to that data file right now.. IMHO that would be the long and hard way to do it.. knowing how secure BlackBerry is.. because the data is embedded within the actual package..

So we're trying to find ways other than that.. by tricking the system and making it think that it's a BlackBerry App and hence allowing it to be back up using link.. at least that's what I'm trying to do

Posted from my Awesome Z30 |Juventus Channel: C0001C785
    03-02-14 04:38 PM
    It works using the original BAR file that you used to install before even after updating using APK.

Back it up, then do your leaked os then sideload the BAR file then restore using link. After that update CoC using snap.

Somehow it worked for me ONCE when I lost my data, not willing to try it again. Feel free to try and confirm if it works for you or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:41 PM
    I finally had a chance to go through this with dzbeebo today.

We discussed potential solutions.

Edit: Looking at some options.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Last edited by KermEd; 03-06-14 at 06:03 PM.
    03-06-14 01:10 PM
    Bro if there is a will.. there is a way.. I just migrated to a Z30 and still have my CoC on my Z10 so I'm looking for a way too..
    How does it look on a Z30 compared to a Z10? Thinking of purchasing an additional BB: Z30 or that iPxx (cant swear in here, lol) tablet.
    03-07-14 03:58 AM
    I finally had a chance to go through this with dzbeebo today.

We discussed potential solutions.

Edit: Looking at some options.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Great KermEd, looking forward to your next post.
    03-07-14 03:58 AM
    Great KermEd, looking forward to your next post.
    We've got a method working for 'new' gamers that should be confirmed today. So if someone installs it through us, it saves going forward. Just working on a backwards solution.

Posted via CB from my LE
    00stryder likes this.
    03-07-14 07:40 AM
    We've got a method working for 'new' gamers that should be confirmed today. So if someone installs it through us, it saves going forward. Just working on a backwards solution.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Awesome news. Let me know if I can be of help.
    03-08-14 01:43 AM
    Any progress on a backwards solution?
    03-12-14 04:28 PM
    Got side tracked with Scoreloop.

I need to get several versions of the APK - specifically older releases by them... I only have one easy way left to try.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-12-14 10:28 PM
    KermEd, have you found the required versions by now? And why do you need those?

Again; Let us know if we can do anything to help

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 09:48 AM
    As far as I know it just can't be. I gave up already retrieving my CoC. T.T

Posted via skinned Z10 STL100-2/ 10.2.1.2102 my DadaBerry
    03-13-14 10:14 AM
    If this happens I'll start a new one just to test lol

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:17 AM
    If this happens I'll start a new one just to test lol

Posted via CB10
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:07 AM
    Also a "new" user willing to test it out. Installed CoC before but intentionally avoided investing much time into it for this very reason.

Just want to say, great job on the collaboration and attempts to provide good works for the CB community!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:22 PM
    KermEd, have you found the required versions by now? And why do you need those?

Posted via CB10
    We're just testing a few scenarios just so we can verify them.. once we confirm those scenarios we'll let you guys know so you can help us test them.

Tomorrow is Friday so I'll sit-down with KermEd and do this. So we'll have a final answer on what will work and what won't by tomorrow

Sorry that we took a little long doing this guys

Posted from my Awesome ? Z30 |Juventus Channel: C0001C785
    03-13-14 07:21 PM
    With that said. Please note we do have a way for backing up new installs going forward. Nothing new there - I think most devs have a good idea on what we have for that solution.

More details to follow . But first we need to complete the testing. It takes a lot of effort + time is scarce these days.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-13-14 10:36 PM

Sorry that we took a little long doing this guys

Posted from my Awesome ? Z30 |Juventus Channel: C0001C785
    Take as long as you need

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:27 PM
    With that said. Please note we do have a way for backing up new installs going forward. Nothing new there - I think most devs have a good idea on what we have for that solution.

More details to follow . But first we need to complete the testing. It takes a lot of effort + time is scarce these days.

Posted via CB from my LE
    That's great! Atleast any new players won't need to lose their progress in the future. Looking forward to more details
    03-14-14 02:59 PM
    I don't about CoC, but on hayday I deleted it because I can't update it but when I play again and log in my fb account it ask me to load the previous game progress.
    I hope this can be done on CoC too as it is also Supercell.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2228) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    03-16-14 12:29 PM
    Guys, any updates? can the game be saved and shifted to other device??
    03-17-14 09:50 PM
    We still haven't gotten around to this.

With that said, me and dzbeebo chatted and will drop our findings for the group. And go forward recommendations. This way folks can carry it forward if they choose.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-18-14 08:36 AM
    We still haven't gotten around to this.

With that said, me and dzbeebo chatted and will drop our findings for the group. And go forward recommendations. This way folks can carry it forward if they choose.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Thanks for all the time and effort you guys have put into this. Atleast I know I am not the only one who couldn't get it done.

When will you guys post your findings for the rest of CrackBerry to carry it forward if anyone else chooses to do so?

I think our only option is to contact supercell directly and have them modify Clash of Clans to work on BlackBerry 10 devices.
    03-24-14 08:45 AM
    Well, here is what we know. We've tried a lot but I'll put the relevant details.

The app is not storing any data at /Device/@tmp
    The app is not storing any data at /accounts/1000/shared/misc/Android

We believe the application saves data internally in the
    /accounts/1000/appdata/com.supercell.clashofclans.andrBuGTqC1NN5ZQf0TxcBD l

Folder. Specifically the /data sub folder.

This folder is protected. The user has no access to it. The application itself has read write. And system has full access.

More info on folder structure : https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...le_system.html

Now, additionally, all apps are indexed as a sideloaded Bar, APK. Or appworld. And it appears backups only work for data stored in apps from appworld. So to make it back up we need the device to see the game as an appworld install.

Setting Up New Users:

This part is easy. Any developer can raise clash of clans as a draft in appworld. Beta testers in their sandbox can install clash of clans through appworld. This *should* replicate the data to backups. But needs testing.

Setting Up Existing Users:

It appears we cannot install a Bar or Appworld instance overtop of an existing APK as-is. This means you can't just overwrite the app. Additionally the version of the APK is what matters not the BAR. So incrementing the blackberry build does not help.

One theoretical possibility is to change the APK version, convert to a BAR. And install overtop.

To test this we need to install an old APK from the official author. Then convert a newer APK from the same author to BAR. And attempt to install the Bar containing the new APK and see if it updates or errors with error 1 in Chrome. If this updates we have a potential solution.

Warnings: installing multiple layers is weird. A lot of times it will seem to work but actually fail. And all packages unpack and save to the same folder on the backend - which is why deleting one deletes all.

Anyway, I hope this helps a little bit. You can see there is some core testing that is required. But because we've been way too busy at work we haven't been able to finish the critical testing.

Ed.

Posted via CB from my LE
    00stryder likes this.
    03-24-14 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the details and explanation, KermEd. I'm not savvy enough to attempt this on my own but willing to help out where I can.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:58 PM
    Thx for the update

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:36 AM
251 1234 ...