IMPORTANT:
    For people new to this thread. There have been found several workarounds for saving clash of clans' app data. Reports say that it's data can be backed up and restored using BlackBerry Link if you are running the latest version of BlackBerry Link AND BlackBerry 10.3.1 or higher.

Some users even succeeded linking their CoC game on their BlackBerry 10 phones to an android device by contacting SuperCell. They are able to acces their CoC village from two different devices and won't have to worry about losing progress anymore. It seems important though that contacting Supercell has to be done from an Android device and you shouldn't mention you're using a BlackBerry.

For more information, start reading on page 10 of this thread and you'll find plenty of information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello CrackBerry,

Along with (looking at the forums) many of you I have been playing Clash of Clans since BlackBerry released 10.2.1 to us and allowed native APK installation. The game is working perfectly except for the fact our progress doesn't sync to the cloud because we can't sign in with Google+.

For almost a full week now I have been trying to find a way to make sure we won't lose our game progress once we update Clash of Clans, update BlackBerry 10 OS, switch devices etc. None of us likes to lose weeks of playtime right?

I have tried several methods and I couldn't get the following to work:
    - Get Google+ sign-in to work by installing Google PlayStore, Google Play Service and tried patching these
    - Get Google Play Games to work since it also creates back-ups of games on android devices.
    - Tried making back-ups using apps that don't require root acces like Helium
    - Create a full back-up using BlackBerry Link (Still not sure if the back-up includes APK's application data, currently haven't dared to test)

I kept searching for other ways to acces the game's application data and save files but these are protected within the android runtime and simply trying to copy those files will result in an error message "permission denied". Still I kept digging around the internet and found another possible way to get acces to the game's application and save files:

The last possible fix I worked on:
    Quote:
    Always disable the debug state in a released application as it is possible (via JDWP) to gain full access to the Java process and execute arbitrary code in the context of the application, if this debug state is not disabled.

As far as I know the debug state can be turned on in the file "AndroidManifest.xml" which would mean I could:
    1. Decompile the APK file
    2. Turn debug state on
    3. Compile and sign the APK
    4. Install the editted APK on my BlackBerry Z10.

I wanted to try the above method but thought of one problem, I can't install the editted APK file of Clash of Clans because it has the same version as the one that's already installed on my BlackBerry Z10. Removing the current version of Clash of Clans first would erase my game's progress so that's not an option either.

Then I came up with the idea to upgrade Clash of Clans version number as well as turning the debug mode on so starting the installation would result in and Update and not a new installation. This way the game's application data should remain untouched, while still being able to run the editted version of Clash of Clans with debug mode on.

The current installed and latest version of Clash of Clans is version 5.172. I have tried to edit the version number of Clash of Clans to 5.173 by adding the following two line to the file "AndroidManifest.xml":
    Code:
    android:versionCode="2" android:versionName="5.173
    Rebuilding the APK succeeds but not without a warning and this is especially what I need your help with. It seems that the version number is already defined somewhere else:
    Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines versionCode (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.

I hope some of you can help me to fix the warning so we can find out together if this method would allow us to get acces to Clash of Clans application data and save files.

Update1:
    I have succesfully created a new APK with all above described changes. I changed the APK's manifest to make the APK debuggable and turned the possibility to back-up on (true). I also increased the VersionCode to 531 and VersionNumber to 5.173. When I tried to install the APK it gave me the option to Update! Unfortunately the update didn't succeed and gave me an error message "Cannot install the APK" which I think is caused by the fact the original version and my APK do not have the same signatures.

I tried to install the editted version of CoC on another Z10 which didn't have the original game installed and it worked fine! Still when I connected to the android runtime and started a shell, the command "run-as com.supercell.clashofclans" was not recognized. This would work on android as long as the app is debuggable. Conclusion: I am in need of your help guys, do you have any other ideas we could try?

Update2:
    KermEd has also been investigating the matter and found a way to back-up progress for NEW USERS. For existing users there haven't been found a way yet to achieve any sort of backup or google play workaround. For more information about his foundings, check out post #48 in this thread.

Update3:
    A solution has been found! Added the information on the top of this original post so people find what they are looking for faster. Many thanks to all the help of the CrackBerry users. You are the best.

PS: I hope the time and effort I spend on this problem will motivate you to help me and a lot of CrackBerry members We have enough smart people around here to get this sorted out, i'm sure of it!
    Last edited by mitfry; 04-16-15 at 12:17 PM.
    02-13-14 03:22 PM
    that's funny...I logged in with facebook and then the cloud saving worked.
    02-13-14 04:46 PM
    that's funny...I logged in with facebook and then the cloud saving worked.
    Hehe, I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately it doesn't save any progress to Facebook. Only signing in to Google+ will allow you to link devices and sync your progress to the cloud allowing you to play on different devices with the same account.
    02-13-14 05:28 PM
    Seriously.. CrackBerry? After one and a half day there is nobody with a serious reply..?
    Last edited by mitfry; 03-30-14 at 06:54 AM.
    02-14-14 04:06 PM
    Seriously.. CrackBerry? After one and a half day there is nobody with a serieus reply..?
    Mine was serious...it saved my stuff and after I installed the new OS, it told me there was saved progress on the cloud and if I wanted to overwrite it. I said no, and the save was restored.

The Google Services cloud doesn't work because Google Services doesn't work on BB10 yet.

You won't get a serious reply on here because other than a cloud service, or manually copying the data over after installing the app, you're not going to be able to restore the data.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    02-15-14 03:00 PM
    Mine was serious...it saved my stuff and after I installed the new OS, it told me there was saved progress on the cloud and if I wanted to overwrite it. I said no, and the save was restored.

The Google Services cloud doesn't work because Google Services doesn't work on BB10 yet.

You won't get a serious reply on here because other than a cloud service, or manually copying the data over after installing the app, you're not going to be able to restore the data.

Are you absolutely sure? Because I have already got an emulator running using Bluestacks. I am signed into facebook there and it never gave me any option to restore my progress..

Edit: I tried re-logging into facebook and it asks me if I want to connect my facebook to the current game in the emulator, instead of the one on my Z10. I am not sure what I should choose since you are telling me it also saves progress..
    02-15-14 05:49 PM
    Are you absolutely sure? Because I have already got an emulator running using Bluestacks. I am signed into facebook there and it never gave me any option to restore my progress..

Edit: I tried re-logging into facebook and it asks me if I want to connect my facebook to the current game in the emulator, instead of the one on my Z10. I am not sure what I should choose since you are telling me it also saves progress..
    Get the developer to release it for BB10. Problem solved

You can't get a 100 percent certain answer on CB when your asking about inner workings and designs for an android game. You should be asking on their user forums for clash of the titans.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-15-14 06:54 PM
    I also hope we can find a way to save our progress for clash of clans.

Pretty sure Facebook won't work because it clearly says in the game "Use Google+ to safe guard your progress and play on multiple Android devices"
    02-15-14 09:57 PM

You can't get a 100 percent certain answer on CB when your asking about inner workings and designs for an android game. You should be asking on their user forums for clash of the titans.

Posted via CB from my LE
    I'm thinking about this. If theft is a bb10 Clash of Clans, and we can't save our progress on the android version then how can we load our data IF there is a native CoC.

So it's not problem solve?
    But I do hope there will be a native CoC.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    emmace likes this.
    02-16-14 01:54 AM

Posted via CB from my LE
    True, but what I ment is if Nharzhool was sure he was able to restore his progress using only the Facebook sign-in, since he would be the first on CrackBerry as far as I know.

And I have been trying for more than a week now, just not by looking into the code. I have tried several times to contact them. They are just ignoring the messages.
    02-16-14 06:19 AM
    Update1:
    I have succesfully created a new APK with all above described changes. I changed the APK's manifest to make the APK debuggable and turned the possibility to back-up on (true). I also increased the VersionCode to 531 and VersionNumber to 5.173. When I tried to install the APK it gave me the option to Update! Unfortunately the update didn't succeed and gave me an error message "Cannot install the APK" which I think is caused by the fact the original version and my APK do not have the same signatures.

I tried to install the editted version of CoC on another Z10 which didn't have the original game installed and it worked fine! Still when I connected to the android runtime and started a shell, the command "run-as com.supercell.clashofclans" was not recognized. This would work on android as long as the app is debuggable. Conclusion: I am in need of your help guys, do you have any other ideas we could try?
    02-16-14 06:33 AM
    I also hope we can find a way to save our progress for clash of clans.

Pretty sure Facebook won't work because it clearly says in the game "Use Google+ to safe guard your progress and play on multiple Android devices"
    I think Facebook is only used to connect to Facebook friends. I am hoping to accomplish being able to play on my Z10 AND other devices like my desktop PC using the bluestacks android emulator. Being able to play on the same game with synced progress would be great!
    02-16-14 06:36 AM
    I think Facebook is only used to connect to Facebook friends. I am hoping to accomplish being able to play on my Z10 AND other devices like my desktop PC using the bluestacks android emulator. Being able to play on the same game with synced progress would be great!
    Okay then maybe my phone herped in the best way and I got lucky. I can't explain it but that's what happened, mate.

02-17-14 05:41 PM
    You lose progress because all data is saved on Super Cell servers. Not only because of Google services.

Super Cell does this because people cheat and modify gems and elixir. Each update resets these players.
    02-17-14 06:01 PM
    Update1:

Bro if there is a will.. there is a way.. I just migrated to a Z30 and still have my CoC on my Z10 so I'm looking for a way too.. I'll start digging to see if I can help you out

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:54 PM
    Bro if there is a will.. there is a way.. I just migrated to a Z30 and still have my CoC on my Z10 so I'm looking for a way too.. I'll start digging to see if I can help you out

Posted via CB10
    That'd be great dzbeebo, thanks. What have you tried to restore your progress?

I tried to connect a device to CoC in the Bluestacks emulator and noticed it starts "Google Play Games" first and uses it to connect to Google+. Google Play Games is downloadable but as with other google services it does not work properly. People on these forums like Cobalt232 and Moneytoo could definitly help out on these problems but they don't seem to be so active at the moment.
    02-18-14 12:47 AM
    Can you send me the APK with the modified version number plz.. I wanna try something

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    KermEd likes this.
    02-19-14 03:07 PM
    Can you send me the APK with the modified version number plz.. I wanna try something

Sure, here you go. This APK has the higher version number and has debuggable turned ON. What are you going to try, if I may ask?

Download link of modified CoC:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ashofclans.apk

Good luck
    02-20-14 01:51 AM
    Just tried the FB thing and NO, it doesn't restore the game. It just links FB from the other account to this account...
    02-21-14 03:46 AM
    Just tried the FB thing and NO, it doesn't restore the game. It just links FB from the other account to this account...
    Yeah, Nharzhool must have done something else what restored his game. Could not have been Facebook I think.
    02-21-14 04:22 AM

Beebs, I'll look at it with you today.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-21-14 08:02 AM
    Beebs, I'll look at it with you today.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Have you had any luck?
    02-24-14 06:52 AM
    Ok so here is what we need to try and do.. for Link to back up the app it needs to be somehow linked/tagged as an appworld app or Linked with your BBID.

So what I wanted to do was see if we can overwrite an apk with a BAR file.. if that works then there is a way that we can link the app with appworld so that it gets backed up through BlackBerry Link.

The problem I ran into is that the Bar didn't want to install (using the chrome plug-in) I got a failed-1 error. That's why I asked you for the version you have with a greater version number thinking it was a conflict.. but I got the same error... that's where I'm stuck now

02-24-14 12:02 PM
    Have anyone tried this?

Get the Data File of CoC from BB, Store it on an Android device, link Google+ and store it on BB (of course using Cloud storage) just to save the game on your Google+ account.

I need to know where we can Find the data of COC, not the Apk. Once we get the DATA from both devices, we can just wipe the CACHE and DATA within it and reload the new one we've just grabbed.
    03-02-14 02:37 AM
    Have anyone tried this?

Get the Data File of CoC from BB, Store it on an Android device, link Google+ and store it on BB (of course using Cloud storage) just to save the game on your Google+ account.

I need to know where we can Find the data of COC, not the Apk. Once we get the DATA from both devices, we can just wipe the CACHE and DATA within it and reload the new one we've just grabbed.
    Is it possible to get the data?

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    03-02-14 06:10 AM
251 123 ...