It just amazes me how many people come on here with albeit legitimate problems that the need solutions to, but instead of applying some due diligence, and searching the forums for the answers to their wowes, they just post a thread saying "here is my problem, please help me fix it!". I find this very annoying because, I had issues with my phones too, and I'm by no means a techno-geek when it comes to mobile phones, but I'm learning. Largely due to spending the time reading over forums, searching on Google, and watching YouTube videos. My beef is, why do some people feel they are so special, that they deserve to have everything done for them, so they don't have to lift a finger to solve their problems?

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    BerryRipe and vanrickman like this.
    09-03-15 07:23 PM
    Amen! We are here to help but sometimes, helping yourself is more rewarding. You can learn a lot about your device by searching for an answer; whether it be here on CB or on youtube or somewhere else. I believe in empowering yourself!
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-03-15 07:49 PM
    After answering numerous request for help I've come to some conclusions:
    1. There seem to be a lot of people who don't know how to use Google well enough to get past the crap and actually find some useful information.
    2. Many don't seem to realize that if they don't say what device the are using and provide some details specific to their problem it might be had to help them.
    3. CrackBerry has a world wide audience and some simply don't have enough skill with the English language to fully explain their issue.
    4. Some of the Newbie posts have to be from trolls.
    5. And, yes, some must just be lazy after seeing how quickly answers are provided.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-03-15 08:01 PM
    One of the issues people will have if they do search for information with Google is learning how to distinguish answers relating to older devices running BBOS from newer devices running BB10.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    09-03-15 08:49 PM
    I guess it boils down to BlackBerry still being a geek phone, and maybe some people who need shoulder pads to keep them from knocking themselves out should stick to iphones.

BerryRipe likes this.
    09-03-15 11:43 PM
    I cant agree more to what everybody has said...I'm no technogeek either and I have not started a thread only because I use the CB app to read the forums. I figure if someone is able to start a thread that they should be self sufficient enough to research their problems as most issues have been covered in some sort of format.

Posted via CB10
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    09-03-15 11:53 PM
    I'm thinking that there aught to be a sticky link in all the forums here titled "Read this first before asking a question" and in the thread, have links leading to all the most commonly asked questions related to BlackBerry technical issues. That way it will be stupid easy for people to figure out the solutions to their problems themselves without having to start threads on topics that have already been discussed ad nauseum.

09-04-15 12:50 AM
    2. Many don't seem to realize that if they don't say what device the are using and provide some details specific to their problem it might be had to help them.
    My very favorite is when the question is something along the lines of...

"I installed/loaded such-and-such. It doesn't work. Please help."

Posted via CB10
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    09-04-15 09:47 AM
    It also makes me wounder that why BlackBerry cannot standup bigger and make proper eco system for apps! It's fricking business device and few basic apps are not available on BlackBerry world or amazon store... I was forced to download Google play store to download basic app such as TD bank, drop box with passcode etc etc.
    Shame on BlackBerry for f$$k sake!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:07 PM
    When you are in trouble, some times you get a black out... you panic and act...
    Asking never costs a thing.

Some stay cool and search first, when they don't find the answer here and there, having spent hours online, finally they come with an introductive sentence appologizing for may be the solution has been posted and overseen by them and ask.

Then there are those who ask first and search parellally, may be some one posts the solution faster (within minutes sometimes) and they solve their problem in a wink of time!

One day I got a problem that I met the first time. It helped me asking first and searching in parallel. The answers were coming little by little, it turned into a sort of brainstorming and we came to a solution together while some one tried this, the other one tried that and I finally solved my issue.

It does not bother me if some one asks without searching first. But I don't always answer everything when I know that the solutions has been posted somewhere because when ignored, the person would look deeper in the forums.

However, if a major issue has been solved, I give a hint where to search or post a link to the thread with the solution.

We are all helping each other here. Be tolerant. Peace!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    09-14-15 11:18 PM
    It just amazes me how many people come on here with albeit legitimate problems that the need solutions to, but instead of applying some due diligence, and searching the forums for the answers to their wowes, they just post a thread saying "here is my problem, please help me fix it!". I find this very annoying because, I had issues with my phones too, and I'm by no means a techno-geek when it comes to mobile phones, but I'm learning. Largely due to spending the time reading over forums, searching on Google, and watching YouTube videos. My beef is, why do some people feel they are so special, that they deserve to have everything done for them, so they don't have to lift a finger to solve their problems?

...one of the reasons that so many I know (some BlackBerry users and some 'the other guys') are always amazed that my 'old' Z30 does all these Android and iPhone things that it's not supposed to do...and how did I make it do that?...like you said...I just read and solve my own issues, and learn along the way to work out solutions before they become problems...but too many want it handed to them instead of using that mass between their ears, welcome to the new world I guess...yikes...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    09-15-15 12:07 AM
    And this is why BlackBerry now only have a 0.3% marketshare. Who wants all these hassles of trying to make a non-native app work cause it needs a faux- G play service loaded. Many people want to get things done. They have a life outside of making a smartphone work for them.

Here's a proposal to Cobalt : make an app that installs your G-play service in easy 1, 2, or 3 EASY steps. Even build in the user prompt for Google user ID & Pwd. Charge US $10. I'll gladly pay. And I bet many will too. $10 not enough? Okay $20.00. I'm serious. Make it in a separate website that will accept PayPal or Google pay (lol)
    09-15-15 08:14 PM