Hello,

For years, I have used a very popular Android app called Sleep as Android, or more recently, Sleep. I used an old Android burner phone, which recently conked out.

The installation and purchasing mechanism is somewhat atypical, not the usual in-app purchase. First, the base application is free. There are a few of additional add-ons, each of which is listed separately in the App Store. I have personally purchased two, Sleep as Android Unlock which unlocks all feature in the app, as well as Sleep Lullaby Add-on which unlocks all the lullaby sounds. This is the most important part of all this to me, as I need the (amazing, really) lullabies to sleep.

How the installation process works on normal Android phones is simple: you launch each add-on once, which communicates back home to the main app, and lets it know that you've purchased the add-on, enabling that functionality.

I am currently in the process of trying to get this all working and sideloaded on my Passport, but I'm having major trouble. I have the .apk of all 3 files. I can install the main .apk without even the slightest hitch. However, as soon as I try to install either add-on, things turn to ****. I can launch the installer by opening either .apk, but each fails almost immediately. In addition, the little icon in the top left corner of the screen, where the small logo of the app is usually displayed, is instead the generic, default grey square with a triangle, circle, and square on it.

I'm not really sure at this point what to do. It's clear that each add-on is trying to 'phone home' to the main app but isn't able to. I had the idea to have the main app open whilst trying to install the add-ons so they could phone home, but that didn't do anything to help. I also tried installing unlocked/crack versions of the apps, but same story there.

Does anyway have any ideas how to get this working?
    03-01-18 10:37 PM
    My idea would be to install Cobalt's Google Play Store and try install the app(s) though it. If that doesn't work... might try patching them using his Patcher Tool....
    03-02-18 09:14 AM
    My idea would be to install Cobalt's Google Play Store and try install the app(s) though it. If that doesn't work... might try patching them using his Patcher Tool....
    Patching doesn't do anything because it's not a question of Google services that are missing. When you click on the lullabies button in the main Sleep app, it tries to launch the lullaby separate app, whether patched or not.

Just tried through Cobalt. That didn't work either. Still unable to install the lullaby add'on app.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-18 08:35 PM
    I guess that the add-on doesn't have a launchable default activity and therefore can't be installed on OS10. If you send me a copy of the app add on I could MAYBE modify it.
    03-03-18 03:48 AM
    I guess that the add-on doesn't have a launchable default activity and therefore can't be installed on OS10. If you send me a copy of the app add on I could MAYBE modify it.
    If you could try, that would be amazing! Main app and lullaby add-on available here http://ge.tt/7tptnoo2
    03-03-18 12:02 PM
    I looked into it and it is as I suspected. There is no launcheable Activity in Manifest. I'll try to fix it.
    03-03-18 12:54 PM
    I looked into it and it is as I suspected. There is no launcheable Activity in Manifest. I'll try to fix it.
    I don't know what that means but I think I'm in love with you.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-18 03:22 PM
    Here is the patched version of the add-on:
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/S0049416269...063517CA1F5170

Hope it's working for you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-04-18 04:46 AM
    Here is the patched version of the add-on:
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/S0049416269...063517CA1F5170

Hope it's working for you.
    I really can't thank you enough for trying!

The app now installs just fine, opening and redirecting to the main app, as it should. Unfortunately, at that point things go back to as they were, with it trying to phone home again to the lullaby add-on.

I'm just gonna get a cheap Android phone off eBay and run it through that.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-18 01:36 AM